Unrequented friend requests!

Options

Replies

• Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Unless you leave a message, why would I take the time to send a message as to why I am ignoring you? If however I decided not to accept you and you left a message, I would most definitely tell you why :)
  • smileymel27
    smileymel27 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    "Is it wrong to talk about my love of jello and pvc in a request?:embarassed:"
    [/quote]

Haha!! :)
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Anyone else think it's rude to ignore requests? a polite reply would be nice..something along these lines:

1. Thanks but I'm comfortable with my current friends list.

2. Sorry but you don't fit my friend profile.

3. I liked one of your comments that's not really enough.

or

4. **** off you ****stalking ******!!!! I'm calling the cops now....

don't leave a guy hanging :smile: .

I'll let them assume it was either 1 2 3 or 4.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Well, when a 21-year-old guy I've never seen on the boards and who has no mutual friends sends me a FR with absolutely no comment in it, I don't feel the need to go too far out of my way to explain why I'm not accepting.

Sorry.
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    *Since this topic posted I've received 4 requests and only 1 with a note, "Hi". Decline! <sigh>
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Sounds like someone needs a hug.
    friendshug.gif
  • msharif71
    msharif71 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've received many with no notes and when I checked the person out they had no replies to threads or mutual friends. I don't really want to be a part of someone’s collection. <shivers>
    Now, if they add a note I’m more likely to accept, but not always. Sometimes I just get the creeper vibe and the moment you reply back to them the convo starts… and I really don’t’ want to start that with a creeper.
    So, be honest, did you say something creepy in your friend request? ;)

Is it wrong to talk about my love of jello and pvc in a request?:embarassed:

I just laughed out loud at my desk! Thank you for the chuckle
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I don't like blank FR's...I wish there was away to send it back saying, please tell me why you want to be my friend...like did I make you laugh in the forums? Are we friends with a lot of the same people?

THIS THIS THIS
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I would never leave you hanging. If I get them on my phone though, I do wait until I can get to a computer to see if they included a message. I don't discriminate when it comes to people who will support me. I have deleted one person though because he was incredibly egotistical, rude, and foul-mouthed. I don't really mind a curse-word from time to time but he was just arrogant and I couldn't stand it.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    dude, really? You want to know why someone doesn't want to be your friend? And then what, will you argue your case? I find it's just easier to decline or delete quietly. I have been known to do both for a variety of reasons, some of which depend on my mood. I'm a b*tch and a hypocrite, so there's no rhyme or reason to it. And if I decline/delete you, I don't want to have to explain it. Nor would I expect that in return.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I don't get offended, but then again I rarely ever sent any and don't anymore at all. My profile clearly states I would like a message and no message with request will probably result in declining, but, honestly, it depends on my mood.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    *Since this topic posted I've received 4 requests and only 1 with a note, "Hi". Decline! <sigh>

Maybe they should said "Hi, what's up!?"

JM
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    You get what you put out there, if you send a friend request to someone who is not your friend without some sort of note as to why you are befriending them then don't be surprised if you get ignored.

On here, with both the guys and girls...I try to say where I found them (what thread) and why I'm befriending them. If it were FB I would do the same, though the majority on there are people I know in person.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

JM

They should at least figure out a way to incorporate the accent into the greeting...
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    I'm curious as to what you wrote in the friend request as well. Pretty much all of the requests I've gotten have been accompanied by a note.
    Meh, if they don't accept you, move on. Find some other people that are more willing to accept you as a friend. I bet if you said you were looking for friends now you would get some requests.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options

JM

They should at least figure out a way to incorporate the accent into the greeting...

Or maybe a Joey-accented "How you doing!?!"

JM
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    People get butt-hurt over the strangest things.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    OP were your feelings hurt over the internet? Don't worry...my guys will be right over to collect your man card.
  • CoachMaritova
    CoachMaritova Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Why should I offer a reason for declining if the requester did not offer a reason for requesting?
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    I decline everyone equally.
    How they react to it, is just a sign of their own mental health.