• jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I'm just a b*tch.
    and that's why you're my friend \m/ see that? I was ACCEPTED :drinker:
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Also, has anyone mentioned that the word is "unrequited" not "unrequented?" I'm not sure what unrequented means.

You're absolutlely right on correktin me sbellin on this. I'll have myself shot at dawn....luck girl.
    You could have yourself shot or you could just check dictionary.com next time you want to start a new thread using a word you've heard before in a romantic comedy starring Drew Barrymore or Julia Roberts, but have never actually seen in print. I'd suggest the latter. It's less messy.

I know, want to do it? If I had a resource like that website when I did my masters I would have probably failed...oh well.

Goodbye cruel world.......BANG!!!
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Maybe the people who are getting overwhelming friend requests are just so awesome everyone wants to bask in your awesomeness....at least that's my thought when I get random requests.....:wink:

I know that my theory.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Is it wrong to talk about my love of jello and pvc in a request?:embarassed:

OMG! OMG! OMG! You love jello and pvc??? I LOVE jello and pvc. I love to wear my tight pvc suit and have someone squeeze jello down the neck hole! Be my friend! BE MY FRIEND! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:

I might be joking.
  • Mawkish1983
    Mawkish1983 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You made a mistake, no need to be a **** about it.
  • MrDude_1
    Options

OMG! OMG! OMG! You love jello and pvc??? I LOVE jello and pvc. I love to wear my tight pvc suit and have someone squeeze jello down the neck hole! Be my friend! BE MY FRIEND! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:

I might be joking.

PERV.
    he just likes to snack while installing plumbing fixtures....
  • RobertaKR
    RobertaKR Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Also, has anyone mentioned that the word is "unrequited" not "unrequented?" I'm not sure what unrequented means.

I thinks a typo: it's supposed to be unreque-s-ted? no big deal. Everyone seems to know what the topic is.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the people that basically say "prove to me you want to be my friend before I friend you". It appears rude. I always want to ask them if they use that philosophy in real life. Ala if someone says 'hi' to their face do they snap back "why do you want to speak to me?" Just seems slightly power trippy/control issue.

This. See my post above; I feel exactly the same way.
    So what if someone wants control over their friend list. I get all sorts of FRs that I deny. I don't click ignore and feel a sense of power. I do it because I don't need 500 friends here. I'm not insecure or collecting. I don't want to waste my time here wading through a newsfeed full of crap to get to the valuable posts. Not everyone is here for the same reasons. If someone denies a friend request I don't think they are on a power trip. I think they want to stay focused or keep out people with whom they feel they have nothing in common. And let's face it, most of us women get request after request from men just because we are women. I'd say about 80% of my FRs are guys with nothing but women for friends and no message attached. Why should I give that guy a chance? So I can start getting more messages about how hot I am? How does that help me with my fitness goals?
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I joined this site three years ago, but really didn't start using it actively until this month. Frankly, I'm a little surprised at how many restrictions people here place on friend requests.

I really don't get it. I have about 1,600 friends on Facebook, and basically I accept all friend requests from (1) people I know, and (2) people with whom I have a significant number of friends in common. Those are really the only restrictions I place on it.

I don't require you to send me a note and stroke my ego just to be my "friend" on a social-networking site. I don't have friends of only one gender. I don't require that you have the same interests or goals in life.

That's just silly, IMO. It's just the Internet; I'm not inviting you over to babysit my kids.

I have no clue why you would want 1600 people knowing your personal business. or maybe you just use social networking in a different way than I do. I use it connect with people, to get to know them, let them know me. I share some personal stuff sometimes, and that isn't something I want 1500 random people knowing. Everyone uses sites like this and FB for different reasons. I don't have to understand yours, you don't have to understand mine. But to call me silly b/c I disagree with your reasons is rude.
  • amiehampton29
    Options
    I accept everyone...my friends call me a *kitten*.

We call you a *kitten* for other reasons!

^^ This! Total truth. :happy:
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    i wish i they had a LIKE button...some of these comments were really funny...
  • shannoninBC
    shannoninBC Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I don't feel guilty at all. Nor do I 'require' someone sell me on being their friend. If they're supportive and preferably pervy, they're in.
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    You could have yourself shot

Or are you flirting with me :flowerforyou:
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

I might be joking.

PERV.
    he just likes to snack while installing plumbing fixtures....

DAGNAMMIT. Caught out again!
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    if someone doesnt' bother to write me a message when they request me, why should i write a response when I don't accept? I'm not going to.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options

You're absolutlely right on correktin me sbellin on this. I'll have myself shot at dawn....luck girl.
    You could have yourself shot or you could just check dictionary.com next time you want to start a new thread using a word you've heard before in a romantic comedy starring Drew Barrymore or Julia Roberts, but have never actually seen in print. I'd suggest the latter. It's less messy.

I know, want to do it? If I had a resource like that website when I did my masters I would have probably failed...oh well.

Oh how cute. You threw in a comment about having a Masters degree so we wouldn't think you really didn't know how to spell. At which university did you study? I want to make sure I don't go there when I start in the fall.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is rude to ignore/decline without a reason. Maybe they just don't think it would be their cup of tea. Should people really have to say why they didn't want to accept? Why put them on the spot about it?

Also, some people still get bent out of shape, even if you send them a polite reason for declining. There is a reason that no notification is sent when you decline.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Unrequited. Good grief.

Thank the lord. I was beginning to lose my faith in humanity, and feel a wee bit mean for wanting to post this exact message.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I only deny people who don't send a request with a message...I am not going to waste the time responding to them.

^^THIS

And sending a canned response like "I like your smile" doesn't count, and is just plain creepy.
  • MrDude_1
    Options

Oh how cute. You threw in a comment about having a Masters degree so we wouldn't think you really didn't know how to spell. At which university did you study? I want to make sure I don't go there when I start in the fall.

I have a doctorate and I still cant spell. or form coherent thoughts.