Unrequented friend requests!

Options

Replies

• stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I have a doctorate and I still cant spell. or form coherent thoughts.
    But you aren't insecure about it, so it's cool. I'm also guessing you aren't going to make repetitive lame jokes about suicide.

Oh Christ it's back.....

Look, I made one missspelling (deliberate it's called humour) and you seem to be really offended by something? lighten up..it's not a real issue, I don't care if someone doesn't reply....honestly

oh and I'm not insecure about anything....except our relationship :love:
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    My profile states "no message= no accept". Blank requests are typically the only ones I decline. I don't feel I owe them an explanation since it should've been obvious to them when submitting their request in the first place.

^^^ This. I have it on my profile too, and my profile is open to all MFP members, so....no excuses. :wink:
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    you'll be left saddened and feeling rejected thinking they declined you.

~whistles trying not to feel like a dumbsh!t~

:-) Yes, you were one of the ones this happened to.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    As someone already pointed out, there's not a "message with decline" option.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I've also found a lot of people who "require a note to be friends" lie.

I never, ever leave a note (maybe 2 since I joined, b/c it was funny funny ha ha) and people add me :D
    I dont buy it... people dont lie in the internet...
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    You gotta be careful who you accept these days. You can't go around accepting everybody. What if one of your new friends has a case of the snitches? Then they request some of your friends and they get infected with the snitches. Before you know it that stuff has spread to all your friends.

I'm all about protecting against the snitches. If I haven't seen you around the block I'm not letting you around my mfp bed.
  • Mawkish1983
    Mawkish1983 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    someone unfollowed me on twitter today :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :brokenheart:
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    But you aren't insecure about it, so it's cool. I'm also guessing you aren't going to make repetitive lame jokes about suicide.

Oh Christ it's back.....

Look, I made one missspelling (deliberate it's called humour) and you seem to be really offended by something? lighten up..it's not a real issue, I don't care if someone doesn't reply....honestly

I could just prove her wrong and tell a joke....

Two blondes were in a bar watching the television when the news came on. It showed a guy on a bridge that was about to jump, obviously suicidal. "I'll bet you $10 he'll jump," said Betty.

"Bet you $10 he won't," replied Amber. Then, the guy on the television closed his eyes and threw himself off the bridge. The second blonde hands the first her money.

"I can't take your money," said Betty. "I cheated you. The same story was on the five o'clock news."

"No, no. Take it," said Amber. "I saw the five o'clock news too. I just didn't think the guy was dumb enough to jump again!"
  • smileymel27
    smileymel27 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You gotta be careful who you accept these days. You can't go around accepting everybody. What if one of your new friends has a case of the snitches? Then they request some of your friends and they get infected with the snitches. Before you know it that stuff has spread to all your friends.

I'm all about protecting against the snitches. If I haven't seen you around the block I'm not letting you around my mfp bed.

Haha, love this! :)
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    wow, this got derailed for a typo...must be a slow day on the interwebs.
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I don't send them.....and as far as accepting them..I will accept those from women because I have more in common with them. When I get them from men, I look at the profile and I "usually" find that they're just a typical "collector".....I have a BF I want to respect..so if it aint about losing weight..it aint "hapnin"!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be rude to someone who walked up and said hi. But if a complete stranger knocks on my door and asks to come in, that's probably not going to happen.

If I interact with you on the boards or through mutual friends, a message is probably not necessary with a FR. But if we've never crossed paths in a memorable way, I need more than a blank request. I don't collect friends.

Make sure you compare apples to apples.

This isn't the equivalent of a stranger walking into your house.

Both are my private, personal space. Sending me a FR is like knocking on my door. It's called a metaphor. We learn about them in high school English class.
  • shannoninBC
    shannoninBC Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Wow, why are people so anal retentive about this? This isn't a college application FFS. You can always accept them, snoop their profile and if you don't like them, delete their *kitten*.
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I don't send them.....and as far as accepting them..I will accept those from women because I have more in common with them. When I get them from men, I look at the profile and I "usually" find that they're just a typical "collector".....I have a BF I want to respect..so if it aint about losing weight..it aint "hapnin"!!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be rude to someone who walked up and said hi. But if a complete stranger knocks on my door and asks to come in, that's probably not going to happen.

If I interact with you on the boards or through mutual friends, a message is probably not necessary with a FR. But if we've never crossed paths in a memorable way, I need more than a blank request. I don't collect friends.

Make sure you compare apples to apples.

This isn't the equivalent of a stranger walking into your house.

Both are my private, personal space. Sending me a FR is like knocking on my door. It's called a metaphor. We learn about them in high school English class.

I enjoy that this is a thread about politeness that is filled with rude responses.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options

Oh Christ it's back.....

How are we supposed to have a good relationship based on misspellings and lies about whether or not said misspellings were intentional. I feel like I don't even know you anymore since our relationship started 3 pages ago. And you called me "it." No one has called me an "it" since elementary school.

You're telling me to lighten up? I haven't been contemplating suicide.
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    someone unfollowed me on twitter today :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :brokenheart:

:D You should see it when someone unlikes our band profile... we all get together during practice, hold hands and pray for our future. We also share an emotional moment as we cry on each others shoulders
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    As someone already pointed out, there's not a "message with decline" option.

:smile: Nice edit
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I don't reply to friend requests if I don't know them.

Then how do you get to know them????