Unrequented friend requests!

Options

Replies

• rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    If you are talking from personal experience then I would recommend making your profile open. People can't see enough about you to make a fair judgement of the type of person they might appreciate insight or support from.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    This thread really is proof that people on mfp can get into a fight about just about anything.

cannot

can to

cannot

can to

Love that you did it twice lol.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    scuse me? how do you quote and make those box thingies and write something...i fail today lmao!
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Agreed!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I have only ever rejected ONE friend request.. and it was because I was pretty sure the guy was playing some sort of joke and I found out later he, in essence, WAS. So I don't feel bad for leaving him hanging.
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options

It wasn't a rude premise, it was just a question from a person expressing an opinion different to yours. He didn't post it in a rude way, if anything I found it a little self deprecating and got the impression he wasn't deadly serious.

OK, That's all, I have nothing to add but I hate to just type 'bump'. I wanna see how long this thread lasts

I like it when people get it! I was just curious....
  • tananichelle
    tananichelle Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I don't think "unrequented" is a word. :happy:
  • smileymel27
    smileymel27 Posts: 171 Member
    Options

It wasn't a rude premise, it was just a question from a person expressing an opinion different to yours. He didn't post it in a rude way, if anything I found it a little self deprecating and got the impression he wasn't deadly serious.

OK, That's all, I have nothing to add but I hate to just type 'bump'. I wanna see how long this thread lasts

I like it when people get it! I was just curious....

Well, I can honestly say that this page probably has answered your question in a fairly round-about way.
    Don't expect politeness on the net.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    scuse me? how do you quote and make those box thingies and write something...i fail today lmao!
    Please don't learn. The quote within a quote within a quote is annoying.
  • doorki
    Options

Hit the quote button, then click in the reply box that comes up and hit enter a couple of times before you start typing.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    This thread really is proof that people on mfp can get into a fight about just about anything.

cannot

can to

cannot

can to

HATE that i did it twice... YAAAAAAAAAAAY i figured it out...go me!
  • doorki
    Options
    I don't think "unrequented" is a word. :happy:

ruh roh
  • doorki
    Options

cannot

can to

cannot

can to

HATE that i did it twice... YAAAAAAAAAAAY i figured it out...go me!

NICE....and I quoted multiple quotes just for BJ.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    It is annoying. I abused it today. I feel shame.
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the people that basically say "prove to me you want to be my friend before I friend you". It appears rude. I always want to ask them if they use that philosophy in real life. Ala if someone says 'hi' to their face do they snap back "why do you want to speak to me?" Just seems slightly power trippy/control issue.

Why not just accept the friend request and if the new friend acts like an idiot...bam..they lose that privlege and get unfriended. It's the internet, but it's okay to just be nice sometimes.

And it's not like its FB, where people post too much private information they shouldn't anyway, so there may be more reason to not automatically 'friend'.

This is my philosophy.

This is a relatively safe site, not a seedy bar, I don't feel that I have "weed" out a ton of people for my safety.

If you annoy me, or start acting too weird, then your nexted. Easy as that.
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options

No it's not..it's fun.....like "Row Row Row Your Boat":smokin:
  • antoniosmooth
    antoniosmooth Posts: 299 Member
    Options

I don't understand the people that basically say "prove to me you want to be my friend before I friend you". It appears rude. I always want to ask them if they use that philosophy in real life. Ala if someone says 'hi' to their face do they snap back "why do you want to speak to me?" Just seems slightly power trippy/control issue.

Why not just accept the friend request and if the new friend acts like an idiot...bam..they lose that privlege and get unfriended. It's the internet, but it's okay to just be nice sometimes.

THIS ... because yes I get that you want to figure out who is trying to be your friend.... but it makes me feel like the nerdy girl walking up to the cool kids trying to show them that I'm "cool enough" to be their friend. Why but me on the spot like that? I'm shy and self conscious and just want a friend and already you are assuming I'm not good enough for you.

Also.. I think it's psychological thing.. more for the person being friended... "tell me how awesome I am, please" because it makes them feel good about themselves... and I suppose there's nothing wrong with wanting to feel good about yourself... but I prefer unsolicited compliments

And on that note I should point out that I will probably still friend request you with a wonderful (probably more random) message if you are asking for it... that is... if you are cool enough for me :wink:
    Earlier today, there was a thread about which movie character people would want to be. Someone pisted Madmartigan from Willow. I posted that I loved that character. The poster, who I never saw before that, sent a FR and commented about that interaction. I accepted.

It's not about wanting to hear how awesome we are. It's simply about wanting to know if people are friend-collecting or actually feel some connection, no matter how small.

Absolutely agreed with this, I don't have a self absorbed image of myself for wanting at the very least a simple note.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    This is a relatively safe site, not a seedy bar, I don't feel that I have "weed" out a ton of people for my safety.

If you annoy me, or start acting too weird, then your nexted. Easy as that.

what if it WAS a seedy bar?
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    <snip>
    NICE....and I quoted multiple quotes just for BJ.
    Harumpf!
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

the best ones are when the person doesnt REALLY know how to do it, and replies somewhere in the middle.....

No it's not..it's fun.....like "Row Row Row Your Boat":smokin: