Unrequented friend requests!

Options
stevewynjones
stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
Anyone else think it's rude to ignore requests? a polite reply would be nice..something along these lines:

1. Thanks but I'm comfortable with my current friends list.

2. Sorry but you don't fit my friend profile.

3. I liked one of your comments that's not really enough.

or

4. **** off you ****stalking ******!!!! I'm calling the cops now....

don't leave a guy hanging :smile: .

Replies

• xraylady33
    xraylady33 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Today on the news it was reported, people who do not reply to friend requests, or are ignored, go through the same emotional pain as you would in person. It is like being shunned or ignored at the cool kids table!
    This report was for FaceBook, but this sounds like it is along the same lines.

Yes, its rude, but how do you know?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options
    I don't reply to friend requests if I don't know them.
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I've received many with no notes and when I checked the person out they had no replies to threads or mutual friends. I don't really want to be a part of someone’s collection. <shivers>
    Now, if they add a note I’m more likely to accept, but not always. Sometimes I just get the creeper vibe and the moment you reply back to them the convo starts… and I really don’t’ want to start that with a creeper.
    So, be honest, did you say something creepy in your friend request? ;)
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I don't like blank FR's...I wish there was away to send it back saying, please tell me why you want to be my friend...like did I make you laugh in the forums? Are we friends with a lot of the same people?
  • stevewynjones
    Options
    I've received many with no notes and when I checked the person out they had no replies to threads or mutual friends. I don't really want to be a part of someone’s collection. <shivers>
    Now, if they add a note I’m more likely to accept, but not always. Sometimes I just get the creeper vibe and the moment you reply back to them the convo starts… and I really don’t’ want to start that with a creeper.

Is it wrong to talk about my love of jello and pvc in a request?:embarassed:
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    My profile states "no message= no accept". Blank requests are typically the only ones I decline. I don't feel I owe them an explanation since it should've been obvious to them when submitting their request in the first place.

But I do understand what you're saying for less obvious Friend Requests.

Now if they're a known wack-job, I'd rather not get into a conversation with them. :laugh:
  • stevewynjones
    Options
    I don't reply to friend requests if I don't know them.

:huh: how does that work?
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    The first rule of the internet is no rudeness.
  • stevewynjones
    Options
    Today on the news it was reported, people who do not reply to friend requests, or are ignored, go through the same emotional pain as you would in person. It is like being shunned or ignored at the cool kids table!
    This report was for FaceBook, but this sounds like it is along the same lines.

Yes, its rude, but how do you know?

Sounds really desperate but I was on facebook the other day and realised it had taken someone I know 3 months to accept my request :smile: this made my realise that there were a few others still outstanding :blushing:

I sent out a few at the beginning like everyone does but remembering they didn't have a pic and I have a common name <keep telling yourself that boyo :) >
  • stevewynjones
    Options
    The first rule of the internet is no rudeness.

LOL
  • _Christine_
    Options

Yes, save the jello and pvc for later.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    No. If you decline me (or even delete me from your friend list), I don't want to know why. I (now) treat others the same.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Once you click 'decline' it's kind of easy to forget the exact spelling of the username that requested you, kind of hard to then send them a 'it's not you, it's me' response at that point. And there's no option to send a message along with the 'decline' button.
  • librarygoddess2
    librarygoddess2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options

Agreed. I prefer someone to give me a note telling me why they'd like to get to know me more or why they picked me out of all the others they could have to send a request too. It's nice to have things in common!

On another note,, if someone is inspired by something I say in a post and wants to be a support to me and feels like I can support them I'm happy to be their friend! I think it's wonderful to know so many people are going through some of the same things I am and it actually keeps me going if I'm able to help other too!

if someone were to ignore my request then I likely wouldn't have gotten a lot out of that connection anyway. Likewise they already have what they need in their group of friends and are extended as far as they can. I wouldn't take it personally. There's plenty of Pals in the sea of 1's and 0's.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

That's what goes in the first PM after your FR has been accepted...c'mon now...
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I only deny people who don't send a request with a message, like my profile asks. If they didn't spend the time to read my profile before requesting me, I am not going to waste the time responding to them.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I don't like blank FR's...I wish there was away to send it back saying, please tell me why you want to be my friend...like did I make you laugh in the forums? Are we friends with a lot of the same people?

THIS!!!
  • _Christine_
    Options
    If she's American just tell her you're English... we like an accent. (American women are easy!) :drinker: :noway: :blushing:
  • branflake6
    branflake6 Posts: 115
    Options

agreed
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I don't get enough requests to turn down. Only turned 1 down and that was a troll here a few months ago.