Unrequented friend requests!

Options

Replies

• stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Wow....I feel loved!!!

Yeah right..look I was trying to see what the opinion was on politeness really. I don't know if anyone here is actually offended by someone not accepting or deleting their requests, but My "man card"is secure and this "little soldier" is fine :glasses:

there are some sensitive people out there tho'...
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    OK...well, now I feel badly. I have requests that I have not answered.

I accept any female if she puts a little note. I do not accept men. I have that on my profile BUT since I had my profile private, I just realized that these men never knew that I only accept women...so I made my profile available to MFP members only.

So, I don't reject because I wasn't sure if it sends something that says, "You were rejected" and I don't want to hurt any feelings.

So, I have a whole bunch of requests. What would be polite??
  • tsherm3850
    tsherm3850 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I've received many with no notes and when I checked the person out they had no replies to threads or mutual friends.

Is there a way to tell if you have mutual friends?
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I accept everyone...my friends call me a *kitten*.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I've received many with no notes and when I checked the person out they had no replies to threads or mutual friends.

Is there a way to tell if you have mutual friends?

If their profile is viewable, you can see their friends and kind of click through to see if any are mutual. There's no easy way, though.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I only ignore them if they have no message OR if I see on their profile that they are pro-ana, etc. If they can't send a message with the request than I shouldn't have to take the time to send a message with my ignore.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    I heart you hard.
    Back atcha, babe.
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    If she's American just tell her you're English... we like an accent. (American women are easy!) :drinker: :noway: :blushing:

Welsh actually but I do have an "English" accent..think Hugh Grant but delivered by Jason Statham....

It works. Next time, "Ello poppin, care to friend an old bloke like myself?"

*Okay, so not only can I not fake an accent in real life.. I can't type one either. But you get the picture.
  • Mawkish1983
    Mawkish1983 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I think unsolicited friend requests themselves can be rude. That being said, on the internet there is a fine line between satire and rudeness. People can be far too sensitive about things online. I personally blame Facebook for taking the internet out of the hands of the nerds and placing it in the hands of normal people with feelings and such.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I accept everyone...my friends call me a *kitten*.
    And worse!
  • gmc198024
    Options
    I recently joined and put out a number of friend requests to compare stories and offer mutual support. Placed a small note why and all have agreed to the request.

Happy to accept anyone asking me direct. I like hearing about success stories, the more the merrier!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Anyone else think it's rude to ignore requests? a polite reply would be nice..something along these lines:

1. Thanks but I'm comfortable with my current friends list.

2. Sorry but you don't fit my friend profile.

3. I liked one of your comments that's not really enough.

or

4. **** off you ****stalking ******!!!! I'm calling the cops now....

don't leave a guy hanging :smile: .

if you didnt say anything to me in your friend request, then I dont have to say anything back when I ignore you.
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Anyone else think it's rude to ignore requests? a polite reply would be nice..something along these lines:

1. Thanks but I'm comfortable with my current friends list.

2. Sorry but you don't fit my friend profile.

3. I liked one of your comments that's not really enough.

or

4. **** off you ****stalking ******!!!! I'm calling the cops now....

don't leave a guy hanging :smile: .

Agreed :flowerforyou:
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    OP were your feelings hurt over the internet? Don't worry...my guys will be right over to collect your man card.

:drinker:
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I'm curious as to what you wrote in the friend request as well. Pretty much all of the requests I've gotten have been accompanied by a note.
    Meh, if they don't accept you, move on. Find some other people that are more willing to accept you as a friend. I bet if you said you were looking for friends now you would get some requests.

Something suitable to the interaction we allready had accompanied with razor wit.....or just something lame depending on your take but allways something never blank.
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Miss♥Ivi Posts: 461
    Options
    *Since this topic posted I've received 4 requests and only 1 with a note, "Hi". Decline! <sigh>

These are the worst! Like, they tried but half-assed :laugh: If you're going to just put "hi", don't bother! Women, can't ever please us :tongue:
  • jenniebean1680
    jenniebean1680 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Unrequited. Good grief.
  • juliee274
    juliee274 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    That depends on WHY you love jello and pvc. :tongue:

Personally, I am on MFP to become fit, not make lifelong friends (though that would be a nice secondary benefit). I have chosen a few "friends" who are very similar to me...some starting their journey, some ending....so that I can have support and help with my journey. I don't want or need to be friends with lots and lots of people just for the sake of being friends with lots and lots of people.
  • LemonsAndCoffee
    LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I typically try to at least put in what thread I "noticed" them in. At least that way it doesn't look like I'm creepin' the boards looking for people to add. :huh:
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I don't usually care if the request is blank... I'll usually add anyone who requests, but I do delete people that either don't ever reply back, or don't log in within a few week-time frame. I understand crap happens, but it shows a lot of devotion to get on here as often as possible.

If I deny people altogether, it's probably because they creeped me out :)