Unrequented friend requests!

Replies

• doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,576 Member
    <snip>
    NICE....and I quoted multiple quotes just for BJ.
    Harumpf!

don't snip me. My exchanges must be preserved and references in all of their glory!
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    To tell you the truth, I don't really care. They're a bunch of strangers to me really and the world is full of rude people and they have the ability to be even more rude when on the internet.
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    I don't like blank FR's...I wish there was away to send it back saying, please tell me why you want to be my friend...like did I make you laugh in the forums? Are we friends with a lot of the same people?

^^^agree!
  • loseweightjames
    loseweightjames Posts: 360 Member
    Today on the news it was reported, people who do not reply to friend requests, or are ignored, go through the same emotional pain as you would in person. It is like being shunned or ignored at the cool kids table!
    This report was for FaceBook, but this sounds like it is along the same lines.

Yes, its rude, but how do you know?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^this

so, i'm being rude when click decline?........ i never thought about it..............
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,576 Member
    well played
    scuse me? how do you quote and make those box thingies and write something...i fail today lmao!
    Please don't learn. The quote within a quote within a quote is annoying.

the best ones are when the person doesnt REALLY know how to do it, and replies somewhere in the middle.....

No it's not..it's fun.....like "Row Row Row Your Boat":smokin:
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Today on the news it was reported, people who do not reply to friend requests, or are ignored, go through the same emotional pain as you would in person. It is like being shunned or ignored at the cool kids table!
    This report was for FaceBook, but this sounds like it is along the same lines.

Yes, its rude, but how do you know?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^this

so, i'm being rude when click decline?........ i never thought about it..............

No I don't think it is rude to click on decline, jeez.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    I'm liking this thread more and more. It gives me a list of people to automatically deny should a FR ever come across. Because I love it when people tell me I'm rude for declining, or a snob b/c I want to keep a small friends list or stupid b/c I share personal thoughts.

Fabulous info.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Nothing like demanding something from someone you've never met(and probably never will for that matter). I agree that is a pleasant occurrence when I open up MFP and there is a friend request. Even better when there is a message attached. BUT Sometimes I like to assume you know why I am requesting you... :) I'm sure if something popped up saying "you've been denied" it might sting for a second but luckily there isn't... and we move on!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    This just happened to me the other day-guy sends request with a lame message (but at least there was a message) I don't recall ever speaking to this person on the boards so I sent a PM asking him if we had spoken and why the friend request-his reply "No idea-I add a lot of people"

instant "decline" He couldn't even tell me why he wanted to be friends!

and the only requests I ignore are the ones with no messages as my profile states clearly to send a message or you will not be accepted
  • missykm7
    missykm7 Posts: 42
    Friend Requests??? I don't get those, so don't know. :)
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    I don't reply to friend requests if I don't know them.

:huh: how does that work?

Must be hard this way to make new friends. :laugh:
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,238 Member
    Row Row Row ur boat gently down the streaaaaaam...
  • manda1002
    manda1002 Posts: 178 Member
    Friend Requests??? I don't get those, so don't know. :)

Hahahaha same here. I don't tend to send them anymore either, because when you send them rarely (and yes people, always with a message. To me its like phone calls. I screen them for a reason. If its important you'll leave a message, if it isn't, I didn't need to talk to you anyway), and notice your friends list isn't getting any bigger....you start to wonder whats wrong with you. Like aren't we mostly all here for the same reason? We aren't all bad people. Some of us are actually looking for motivation and encouragement.......
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    This is a relatively safe site, not a seedy bar, I don't feel that I have "weed" out a ton of people for my safety.

If you annoy me, or start acting too weird, then your nexted. Easy as that.

what if it WAS a seedy bar?

Well then you're going to have to prove that you're cool enough. ;)

Seriously, you have the ultimate control here. Unless the request was truly bizarre, the option to unfriend is always there.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    I'm liking this thread more and more. It gives me a list of people to automatically deny should a FR ever come across. Because I love it when people tell me I'm rude for declining, or a snob b/c I want to keep a small friends list or stupid b/c I share personal thoughts.

Fabulous info.
    You got a purdy mouth.
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    I accept all friend requests, because I mean really there is no such thing as too much support, especially during a weight loss journey! Now, once we are friends if they arent a supportive friend I delete them.
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    I accept everyone. I am not prejudice. Most of the people who don't accept aren't even worth you time, i realized that. A lot of them are self absorbed.

There are a lot of great people out there, and some not so great. I "rarely" leave a little message when sending a request. It's a test, to see if this person is worthy or not. A smart person would say "this person might be a good friend, might have something to offer." and accept anyways. Those who just decline, that speaks of their character. You don't want those types of people. You want people who are open
    minded, educated, successful, fun.

If they don't accept, it just means they're narrow minded. I have had people who i sent a request to who emailed me back asking me why and what not. I explained myself, they added me. They offered nothing! Don't waste your time with those people.

That's the biggest load of bull**** EVER
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    You've all made my list of friends for my next round of cereal whacking....
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,052 Member
    Row Row Row ur boat gently down the streaaaaaam...

Ok...step away from the keyboard....:smile:
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Actually, I take back what I said earlier. I think I've not accepted a few requests without leaving messages as to why... I just don't remember why I declined the requests? Hm...

Also... WOW.