Unrequented friend requests!

Options

Replies

• EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    I was rude. I'm sorry. Everyone send me a friend request.
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't often send a request at all to people with the line on their page that says, "no message, I don't accept you." Like really? Who the heck are you? You're here for the same reason I am, you're the one losing out because I'm simply awesome :)
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I usually collect friends for a month or two, then one day I'll just up and whack everybody. Then I lay low for a few weeks and then start to slowly acuire all new friends and the cycle begins again. My goal is to eventually to whack everybody on MFP at least once.

I cant help it, I'm a serial whacker.....

Omgggggg that's funny!!! A serial whacker

friend request sent....

star_wars_its_a_trap.jpg

IKR....I can smell a whacker from a mile away......

Wait..what??
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options

Oohhh.. I wished I would have thought of this....
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    oops i quoted and didnt write anything...haha...sorry relatively new here... thx for the laugh doorki...
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

you will never reach your goal.
    there are people like me that fly solo.
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options

I don't understand the people that basically say "prove to me you want to be my friend before I friend you". It appears rude. I always want to ask them if they use that philosophy in real life. Ala if someone says 'hi' to their face do they snap back "why do you want to speak to me?" Just seems slightly power trippy/control issue.

Why not just accept the friend request and if the new friend acts like an idiot...bam..they lose that privlege and get unfriended. It's the internet, but it's okay to just be nice sometimes.

THIS ... because yes I get that you want to figure out who is trying to be your friend.... but it makes me feel like the nerdy girl walking up to the cool kids trying to show them that I'm "cool enough" to be their friend. Why but me on the spot like that? I'm shy and self conscious and just want a friend and already you are assuming I'm not good enough for you.

Also.. I think it's psychological thing.. more for the person being friended... "tell me how awesome I am, please" because it makes them feel good about themselves... and I suppose there's nothing wrong with wanting to feel good about yourself... but I prefer unsolicited compliments

And on that note I should point out that I will probably still friend request you with a wonderful (probably more random) message if you are asking for it... that is... if you are cool enough for me :wink:
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options

Done! :smile:
  • achief192
    achief192 Posts: 192
    Options
    I have yet to decline a friend request!
  • bikermike5094
    Options

Thats what they told the Son of Sam too.....
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    The first rule of the internet is no rudeness.

:laugh:
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    This thread really is proof that people on mfp can get into a fight about just about anything.
  • smileymel27
    smileymel27 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I usually collect friends for a month or two, then one day I'll just up and whack everybody. Then I lay low for a few weeks and then start to slowly acuire all new friends and the cycle begins again. My goal is to eventually to whack everybody on MFP at least once.

I cant help it, I'm a serial whacker.....

Omgggggg that's funny!!! A serial whacker

friend request sent....

im a premature-e-wackulater... i click decline right away.

Y'all just made my MFP day. Thanks!
  • bikermike5094
    Options
    This thread really is proof that people on mfp can get into a fight about just about anything.

cannot

can to

cannot

can to
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I don't understand the people that basically say "prove to me you want to be my friend before I friend you". It appears rude. I always want to ask them if they use that philosophy in real life. Ala if someone says 'hi' to their face do they snap back "why do you want to speak to me?" Just seems slightly power trippy/control issue.

Why not just accept the friend request and if the new friend acts like an idiot...bam..they lose that privlege and get unfriended. It's the internet, but it's okay to just be nice sometimes.

THIS ... because yes I get that you want to figure out who is trying to be your friend.... but it makes me feel like the nerdy girl walking up to the cool kids trying to show them that I'm "cool enough" to be their friend. Why but me on the spot like that? I'm shy and self conscious and just want a friend and already you are assuming I'm not good enough for you.

Also.. I think it's psychological thing.. more for the person being friended... "tell me how awesome I am, please" because it makes them feel good about themselves... and I suppose there's nothing wrong with wanting to feel good about yourself... but I prefer unsolicited compliments

And on that note I should point out that I will probably still friend request you with a wonderful (probably more random) message if you are asking for it... that is... if you are cool enough for me :wink:
    Earlier today, there was a thread about which movie character people would want to be. Someone pisted Madmartigan from Willow. I posted that I loved that character. The poster, who I never saw before that, sent a FR and commented about that interaction. I accepted.

It's not about wanting to hear how awesome we are. It's simply about wanting to know if people are friend-collecting or actually feel some connection, no matter how small.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Pee-Wee, is that you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKLizztikRk
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options

Rule #1 No Rudeness
    Rule #2 No Fighting
  • Vi0l33t
    Vi0l33t Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I've received many with no notes and when I checked the person out they had no replies to threads or mutual friends. I don't really want to be a part of someone’s collection. <shivers>
    Now, if they add a note I’m more likely to accept, but not always. Sometimes I just get the creeper vibe and the moment you reply back to them the convo starts… and I really don’t’ want to start that with a creeper.
    So, be honest, did you say something creepy in your friend request? ;)

Is it wrong to talk about my love of jello and pvc in a request?:embarassed:

Lol jello and pvc. At least you have a sense of humor.
    Sometimes I don't add people or I don't reply simply because I don't know what to say, and I don't want to be insincere or rude.
    if you don't get a reply, or you get denied, don't feel so bad about it. This is the internet, the most impersonal beast in the world.
  • Jules2Be
    Options

cannot

can to

cannot

can to
  • Jules2Be
    Options
    crap i did it again!!!!
    AHAHAHA to can can not can can not