I think I'm bisexual, but not sure. Please help.

Options

Replies

• CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    im very saddened by the cruel comments that ppl are saying. so sad. maybe this wasn't the appropriate place to ask but she was reaching out for help.

honey - i advise u to really explore how u feel about women. it is ok. ive been there. i am a lesbian woman and i am in a very committed relationship. it took me some times to come to terms with it but i am fine with who i am. i hope that u can come to terms with who u are and eventually be comfortable with being who u are regardless of your sexual preference. peace and blessings to u hun.

My comment was not cruel to anyone... and I also had an earlier post for the OP saying that only she could know the answer by finding out for herself.

It is absolutely MY RIGHT to not prefer to date someone who is "bi". That's my personal choice... just like it's anyone else's personal choice to date or not date whomever they choose!

To be called a bigot for it is ridiculous. I do not care if you are gay, straight, bi, trans, etc... it does not affect me in the least. I agree that people should be happy, and whatever that is... only they themselves know.

This is no different than saying that a straight guy who doesn't want to date a gay guy is a bigot. Completely twisted around and WRONG!

actually your comparison is completely irrelevent.
    Of course a straight guy is not going to date a gay guy if he is not gay.
    For a lesbian to not date a bisexual female.
    Or a gay man not to date a bisexual man.
    Thats what the earlier post was referring to.
    Totally different comparison.

I am for one tired of hearing lesbians say they dont date "bisexual" females because they will cheat on them with guys.
    Its bs. Lol.
    So are you saying if you are with somebody who only likes one sex they will not go out and cheat on you with that person?
    Its all the same difference.
    Cheaters will cheat regardless of what sex they are attracted to.

I think everyone needs to look at his statement from a different perspective. Sounds to me like he is going to worry about being cheated on no matter what. The problem is that dating someone bisexual increases the number of people he'd have to worry about. Instead of only having to worry about the men his girlfriend talks to, he would also have to worry about the women.

That is one of the stupidest things I've read on this site. No, there are not more people to worry about, it still remains that there is only one person that they'd need to worry about.

I'm not saying it isn't stupid or that I agree with him. I'm just saying that I don't think he would trust the person anyway. I can see where if you are going to be a jealous person who always looking for something to go wrong, maybe dating someone who is bisexual isn't the best idea.
  • MzFreeSpirited
    Options
    im very saddened by the cruel comments that ppl are saying. so sad. maybe this wasn't the appropriate place to ask but she was reaching out for help.

honey - i advise u to really explore how u feel about women. it is ok. ive been there. i am a lesbian woman and i am in a very committed relationship. it took me some times to come to terms with it but i am fine with who i am. i hope that u can come to terms with who u are and eventually be comfortable with being who u are regardless of your sexual preference. peace and blessings to u hun.

My comment was not cruel to anyone... and I also had an earlier post for the OP saying that only she could know the answer by finding out for herself.

It is absolutely MY RIGHT to not prefer to date someone who is "bi". That's my personal choice... just like it's anyone else's personal choice to date or not date whomever they choose!

To be called a bigot for it is ridiculous. I do not care if you are gay, straight, bi, trans, etc... it does not affect me in the least. I agree that people should be happy, and whatever that is... only they themselves know.

This is no different than saying that a straight guy who doesn't want to date a gay guy is a bigot. Completely twisted around and WRONG!

sir my comment is for those who fit the shoe.. if it wasnt u then there was no need to respond to my post.. and honestly i never even read ur post so ummm .. please proceed accordingly.. :)
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options

I am for one tired of hearing lesbians say they dont date "bisexual" females because they will cheat on them with guys.
    Its bs. Lol.
    So are you saying if you are with somebody who only likes one sex they will not go out and cheat on you with that person?

I think everyone needs to look at his statement from a different perspective. Sounds to me like he is going to worry about being cheated on no matter what. The problem is that dating someone bisexual increases the number of people he'd have to worry about. Instead of only having to worry about the men his girlfriend talks to, he would also have to worry about the women.

That is one of the stupidest things I've read on this site. No, there are not more people to worry about, it still remains that there is only one person that they'd need to worry about.

I'm not saying it isn't stupid or that I agree with him. I'm just saying that I don't think he would trust the person anyway. I can see where if you are going to be a jealous person who always looking for something to go wrong, maybe dating someone who is bisexual isn't the best idea.

yeah

maybe dating humans isn't the best idea

get a real doll

no competition there
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    OK, so this is just my opinion, not meaning to offend anyone. I'm not bisexual and haven't dated anyone bisexual so just throwing this out here

For those who want to be in a monogamous long time relationship (and yes, I realize that that is not for everyone), I think it would be difficult to date a bisexual person. Not because they are more likely to cheat, but knowing that despite however good the sex you have with them, it's not fulfilling all their desires and no matter what you did, you would feel that you weren't enough to keep them satisfied sexually.

Here's the thing for me, and I'm guessing for many other monogamous bi folks out there: the sex isn't about which parts are inserted into which slots. It's about expressing love with the person I love, regardless of his/her gender. It's not like I need constant access to both types of genitals in order to be fulfilled; the chemical release is the same either way.
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options

This is no different than saying that a straight guy who doesn't want to date a gay guy is a bigot. Completely twisted around and WING!

Its bs. Lol.

yeah

maybe dating humans isn't the best idea

get a real doll

no competition there

Agreed!!
  • MzFreeSpirited
    Options
    to me it seems that ppl are way to offended about this topic.. which makes me wonder if some of the ones with the panties in the bunch really are okay with their own sexual preference..this is just not something to get all flustered about -- the chick just asked a question in the CHIT - CHAT forum which means anything can be discussed here.. lol .. i probably would have been better off sending her a message directly to encourage her.. :) everyone have a good day... its to hot in here for me.. im about to go do zumba and get rid of some of this fat i have on my body.. LOL
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    OK, so this is just my opinion, not meaning to offend anyone. I'm not bisexual and haven't dated anyone bisexual so just throwing this out here

For those who want to be in a monogamous long time relationship (and yes, I realize that that is not for everyone), I think it would be difficult to date a bisexual person. Not because they are more likely to cheat, but knowing that despite however good the sex you have with them, it's not fulfilling all their desires and no matter what you did, you would feel that you weren't enough to keep them satisfied sexually.

Here's the thing for me, and I'm guessing for many other monogamous bi folks out there: the sex isn't about which parts are inserted into which slots. It's about expressing love with the person I love, regardless of his/her gender. It's not like I need constant access to both types of genitals in order to be fulfilled; the chemical release is the same either way.

^^EXACTLY!
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options

[/quote]

Oh EM! If I was into muffin your fiance' would have to worry about me ;) <<<<--- Nobody get offended that I said muffin.. I can do that because she is my friend. lol.
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Why must we label? Bisexual, gay, lesbian, straight....isn't it just about love in general. Why does the public feel the need to fit everyone in a neat little package?

Love whomever you want because it feels good, not because it's what is accepted.

Well said!!!!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

Oh EM! If I was into muffin your fiance' would have to worry about me ;) <<<<--- Nobody get offended that I said muffin.. I can do that because she is my friend. lol.
    [/quote]

If you were into muffin my fiancé would have to worry about me as well. :P
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Ur not if u don't know lol. I find woman attractive and check them out, but it's not sexual, I just like to see what they have going on, and what I can improve or whatever lol I look at woman 100 times more then men. I'm totally straight

Omg and I thought I was the only one who did this. My husband tells me he thinks I'm bi-sexual all the time cause I check out other girls but not for a sexual reason.
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options

If you were into muffin my fiancé would have to worry about me as well. :P
    [/quote]

Bow chica bow! !
  • jcgrant43
    jcgrant43 Posts: 64
    Options
    So, I've read through all of this now, and since sticking my foot in my mouth is on my list of exercises (15cals burned inserting, 200cals getting it back out!) Here it goes...I have had the pleasure of dating two bi woman in my life, and honestly it was no different than dating a straight woman. I can't speak for them, but from the discussions I remember, they both had much more fulfilling relationships with both sexes. They simply needed different things from different people. Which, is pretty cool 'cause we all can't give the people around us everything they need. So to the OP.... get what you need from where/whom you need it, and to hell with the rest of us!:smile:
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options
    So, I've read through all of this now, and since sticking my foot in my mouth is on my list of exercises (15cals burned inserting, 200cals getting it back out!) Here it goes...I have had the pleasure of dating two bi woman in my life, and honestly it was no different than dating a straight woman. I can't speak for them, but from the discussions I remember, they both had much more fulfilling relationships with both sexes. They simply needed different things from different people. Which, is pretty cool 'cause we all can't give the people around us everything they need. So to the OP.... get what you need from where/whom you need it, and to hell with the rest of us!:smile:

Did you date them at the same time? lol.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    shannon shannon shannon- i know you well enough to know you''re not bi. haha
  • jcgrant43
    jcgrant43 Posts: 64
    Options
    A gentleman does not kiss and tell! :wink:
  • MzFreeSpirited
    Options
    A gentleman does not kiss and tell! :wink:

Love it!!!!! :)
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options

Its bs. Lol.

This.
  • LizKurz
    LizKurz Posts: 340 Member
    Options

There's a saying I have. It is this:

"I will defend to my death, the First Amendment right for people to have an ignorant, petty, hateful and bigoted opinion. I will also defend to the death, my First Amendment right to call your opinion exactly what it is"