Things people do at the gym that you hate

Options

Replies

• tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    When I go to the gym, it's to work out. Not to look around and find things people are doing to b!tch and moan about.
  • heylatimer
    heylatimer Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    The old guys who walk around the change room naked like they want to start a sword fight.

The d'bags who dont re-rack their weights. If you are too tired when you are done ur set maybe you should lift lighter weights *****.

The d'bags who drop their weights at the end of their set. Again, if you cant handle the weight find something pink, soft and light to lift...
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Dear Gym People - RE-RACK YOUR FREAKING WEIGHTS!!!!

This!!!! If they're so heavy you had to leave them on the floor, then you probably used really bad form and should be working a lighter weight!!!

and the disappearing 20lb dumbbell. There's supposed to be 2 on the rack, not one! Others would like to use them too!
  • Karstenf
    Karstenf Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    1) AXE body spray-working out does not require this!

and

2) The people who wipe down the equipment before THEY use it but not after. I want to put their face in their @$$ sweat.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I don't really hate anything at the gym, but some things do bother me.

- People that think me walking on a treadmill is a crime against nature. Some of us are DISABLED (and/or not physically ready to run) and cannot run sprints on the treadmills.

- People that leave sweat puddles on the machines and never think twice about wiping them off. Eww.

- The awesome men and women in the heavy weights area... ok.. this is more of my own insecurity.. but I want to go there and lift. I just cannot muster up the guts to take my flabby, non-lifting self over there. So I stay on the Nautilus machines and dream of being that hot chick that is dead lifting. *drools*

- People that check your stats on the cardio machines! Generally I do not mind, but why do you want to know how many miles I have done or how many calories I have burned?!?

Back on the disabled part.. I am a disabled Veteran. I don't look disabled to most people, but I am. I have had spinal cord surgery as well as have a tumor in my knee. It really hurts when people judge without knowing the whole story. Don't look down on that person walking slow on the treadmill. They are in the gym.. right?!?! Isn't that worth something? Instead of bashing each other, we should be giving props for being there and working out - they are trying and that is better than most people.
    Please come to the free weight side. We need more girls over there :bigsmile:
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    When I go to the gym, it's to work out. Not to look around and find things people are doing to b!tch and moan about.
    You are my favorite kind of member. It's a gym. If it irritates you so much, work out at home. And don't let the door hit ya, where the Good Lord split ya.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I hate when people see me working out on the weights and then ask me if I'm using the bench even though I"m doing lunges in the open area next to it and I have my headphones in. Obvi i'm not using it if I'm using this are over here.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I have three:
    Mr. man who uses two machines at the same time for 20 minutes, and makes it so NO ONE can use either while he's going back and forth.
    Little miss who puts her stuff on a bike AND on the elliptical (when there's only 3 functioning bikes). And declares "I'm using that bike" from the elliptical.
    and
    Mr. Whistles to his iPod at 6am. I think bad thoughts about him.
  • CharSchultz
    Options
    What I hate that people do is when they are sitting on a stationary bike just peddling as slow as possible so they can still claim they've gone to the gym without actually doing anything... HELLO that is NOT a work out.

Also, people who wear daisy dukes and work out. no one wants to see that.
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options
    I hate the guys that do the leg press and put 6-45lb weights on both sides then leave the weights when they are done. Really *kitten*!
  • denamarie1119
    denamarie1119 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    LOL!!! Love the BUFFER zone!!

Here are a couple of my recent pet peeves:

1. Sweating all over a machine and NOT wiping it off when leaving - gross!

2. Wearing an insane amount of cheap perfume at 6am (actually ANY perfume)!

3. Reading your magazine on a weight machine and not doing the exercise. Thus blocking that machine for anyone else to use.
  • maruxf
    maruxf Posts: 39
    Options
    Dear Gym People - RE-RACK YOUR FREAKING WEIGHTS!!!!

Talking on the damn cell phone- if you can talk, you have to up your weight/resistance!

Not wiping- NASTY assh*les.

Spreading their crap all over the benches in the Locker Room- Inconsiderate!

Last but not least: Taking over several weight machines (I work in circuits too, and somehow avoid doing this) and then giving me the stink eye when I use one while you are on another! Douc*epackers!
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    what ticks me off

the people that dont use deoderant prior to there workout.....

the people that make LOUD grunting noises

the men who spend more time looking and themselves in the mirror than workin out (hah.. good for a laugh though)

when lifting very heavy weights sometimes it is necessary to make a grunting noise to get through that last rep... i don't see why people care so much

Some grunting is acceptable, but some people sound like they are giving birth, passing a kidney stone or have been constipated for about 6 months. At times I think it's all for show, Hey ladies look at me I'm a super macho He-Man. Just MHO.
  • tracyface399
    tracyface399 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I can usually ignore most things but really strong, overpowering perfume or aftershave or deodorants put me right off my stride at the gym. There's just no need!

I can't agree with you more!!! This is the MOST annoying thing to me, I am so sensitive to a strong perfume/cologne smell. It ruins my whole workout.

When someone on the machine next to me chats on their iphone... just because it LOOKS like you are just listening to music doesn't mean it's ok to be ON the phone and annoy the people around you with your empty annoying chatter. I have actually told on people before because of this. I go to the gym to get into a groove and release some tension, not be annoyed by that. Especially when there are signs everywhere saying that talking on the phone is only allowed in the lobby!
  • angella_zumba
    Options
    YES!!!
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Expel their anal air while I'm breathing heavy during a workout.
  • kari_
    kari_ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hates those that don't look like they worked out - I am sweaty and red-faced after. Definitely can't exercise with a full face of makeup.

Yes, those girls in their tiny little workout "outfits" with hair down & makeup done. I think if you look that good, you're probably not working out hard enough... but that may just be my jealously speaking :laugh:
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    My gym has a row of treadmills, but 2 of them are specific for running(shorter track and lots more give) I always use those treadmills as I am training for a half - I hate it when I go into the gym and there are walkers on those treadmills when all other treadmills are free.

It burns my a**
  • happyvitale
    happyvitale Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think the biggest thing for me is when people take the equipment i'm using without asking if i am done first. I do alot of circut traning and it really throws me off when i come to a station and the weights or what i need isnt there.
    Also people who rather talk to there freinds during a class than actually work. I am there to work not to listen to you yap about your dogs breakfast. If you can carry on a good conversation you arent working hard enough. I actually had a spin instructor boot two people from ther session because they wouldnt stop talking.
  • angella_zumba
    Options
    I hate when people stand arond for 30 minutes waiting for a classe to start!! Work out until the class starts!! ugh! I can't stand to see someone who does not sweat when at the gym.. You are hear to workout not stand around and run your mouth!