April Move your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Short sprint this morning, ran 1.98 in 15 minutes before my weight lifting session.

Ticker updated

exercise.png

@speedy thay is awesome. I am barely over a mile in that time. Any suggestions on how to increase my speed

Hilly runs every day (I live where flat surfaces are totally absent) or every other day, or interval training once per week are great. But I'm just starting to increase my speed, I started running in October. I've been told not to rush anything. So I concentrated on strength and endurance, and now that I can run 1 hour straight, I decided that it was time to increase my speed. And I love it! Hard on the knees though, so I only push myself once per week, but my speed is getting better and better on regular run.
  • mandysmom092711
    Options
    Rode 10 miles on my stationary bike yesterday and rode another 10 miles today making it 50 miles for the month! :)

exercise.png
  • jonnyb62
    jonnyb62 Posts: 426
    Options
    Short sprint this morning, ran 1.98 in 15 minutes before my weight lifting session.

Ticker updated

exercise.png

And this is why they call YOU Speedy and my name is jonny. Very impressive run - WTG!!!
  • jonnyb62
    jonnyb62 Posts: 426
    Options
    Ack! I've been sick since Friday :sad:
    and the weather hasn't been conducive for bicycling :sad:
    and my bike isn't working right :sad:
    and...and...and....just :sad:

I've managed to get some miles in on foot, but I've lost valuable time. I knew my goals would be a challenge, but I didn't factor in complications and obstacles. Oh well, they don't call it a challenge for nothin'. It'll be a stretch, but I'll keep at it. Everyone else seems to be doing great!

exercise.png

exercise.png

@gehlerc

but...but...but....just :flowerforyou:

I think a lot of us are feeling like our goals are really looking too big right now. I know I am, but I keep reminding myself it's only the 11th of the month - still plenty of time to catch up. You can do this!!!
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options

Ticker updated

exercise.png

And this is why they call YOU Speedy and my name is jonny. Very impressive run - WTG!!!

@johnnyb62: Thanks, but we could also call you Speedy Gonzales when you're doing your sprint :laugh:
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,947 Member
    Options

Ticker updated

exercise.png

@johnnyb62: Thanks, but we could also call you Speedy Gonzales when you're doing your sprint :laugh:

You are both an inspiration to me. I've starting adding some HIIT to my runs so I can try to keep up with you guys, though I know I'll never catch you.

@gehlerc - my goal is looking pretty daunting to me too right now, and I didn't have the flu. Let's push on and see how we do ... we're in this together.

4 more miles for me today.

exercise.png
  • crazydv
    crazydv Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Sending you get well wishes, nicer weather, and the time to complete your challenge!

Today I walked/jogged. 7 miles
    Bikes. 3 miles

I have less than 100 miles to go..yeah!

62 completed of my 160 goal
  • goofyrn4life
    Options

exercise.png

catching up...
  • l_oudman
    l_oudman Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Ticker updated..... (15 miles today)

exercise.png
  • nutritionwhiz
    Options
    Did some elliptical and walking!

Join our weight loss forum today for free weight loss support!
    615e91e9fd848f0.gif
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Haven't updated for a few days as have been away over the Easter holidays, but am now up to 19.4 miles done!

exercise.png
  • kimberenee
    Options
    4/11- 9 miles Spinning class

Total- 34.1/100 :smile:

exercise.png
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    4 mile run
    1 mile walk

exercise.png
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    4/1/2012 125 min, 6.02 mi, 528 cal - 60 min strength training, 65 min, 6.02 mi and 528 cal elliptical variety
    4/2/2012 65 min, 5.95 mi, 528 cal - elliptical variety
    4/3/2012 rest day - tax prep
    4/4/2012 75 min, 195 cal - strength training
    4/5/2012 65 min, 6.10 mi, 534 cal - elliptical variety
    4/6/2012 70 min, 2.6 mi, 151 cal - walking slow pace
    4/7/2012 140 min, 6.26 mi, 744 cal - 65 min, 6.26 mi, 549 cal elliptical variety; 75 min, 195 cal strength training
    4/8/2012 65 min, 6.45 mi, 562 cal - elliptical variety
    4/9/2012 125 min, 8.85 mi, 700 cal - 65 min, 6.1 mi, 528 cal elliptical variety, 60 min, 2.75 mi, 172 cal walking moderate pace
    4/10/2012 75 min, 195 cal - strength training
    4/11/2012 95 min, 7.70 mi, 797 cal - 65 min, 6.05 mi, 532 cal elliptical variety, 30 min, 1.65 mi, 265 cal cybex elliptical

Total minutes: 900
    Total miles: 49.93
    Total calories: 4,924
  • HRBush
    HRBush Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    3.58 miles of walking tonight

exercise.png
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Hey all--

I love this challenge for so many reasons, but the biggest one is the sense of community. Thanks so much for your words of encouragement and support. :flowerforyou:

vhuber's Montana-like winds have subsided a bit here in Wisconsin, so I got on my bike! Since I'm still recovering from this cold / flu thing---wait for it---I biked today while my nose ran. :laugh:

16.6 miles biked; walked the dog for only 2 miles, since he chewed through his regular leash and we had to improvise. :ohwell:

Progress toward my goal! Keep up the great moving, everyone!

exercise.png

exercise.png
  • dranaeli
    dranaeli Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Goal 30miles
    4/11 completed 1 mile on elliptical

Join our weight loss forum today for free weight loss support!
    0e1f2b5a54edeeb.png
  • perham07
    perham07 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    11 miles done so far and I am hoping to get to 100 miles by the end of the month. Joining a gym with my wonderful sister-in-law tomorrow so hopefully that will help me boost it up over 100 miles.

exercise.png
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Way to go Coni (gehlerc)! I am glad to read that you are feeling at least better! Are you also having such HIGH winds??? It makes riding bike torcherous!! I have faith in you reaching your goals!!! Keep movin girl!!!

foxbat, you are soooo impressive! SOON you will be doing what you were doing a month ago!! good job!!!

It was 40+ mph wind AGAIN today, so needless to say I did NOT venture out but used MY equipment in MY gym.:laugh:
    I ran/fast walked 3 miles on TM and rode the bike for 4 miles!

weight loss forum today for free weight loss support!
    2f7706cb932173b.png
  • Carlton_Banks
    Carlton_Banks Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Biked 11.65 miles today. Tickers updated...

exercise.png

exercise.png

exercise.png