GUYS- - - Do you prefer a girl to have an appetite like your

Options

Replies

• torizia
    torizia Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I've dated a couple of guys who eat less than me, and it made me feel horrible and self-conscious. Now I'm with someone who eats soooo much (unhealthy) food and I love it! Although it does create temptation haha
  • SaketoKim
    SaketoKim Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    lol... my guys usually finish my food. :)
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    lol... my guys usually finish my food. :)

Sometimes I finish DH's food. =P
  • reneegee23
    reneegee23 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Do you prefer a girl to have an appetite like yours or would you rather her eat less than you? Or do you even care? I know that I hate when I'm out with a guy and he eats less than me (yes it happens lol). So I was wondering if guys feel the same way with girls.. or maybe I'm just a little overly cautious about it?

Women should always eat less than men. We should also get paid less for doing the same job. And we shouldn't speak unless spoken to.
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    My gf and I are both logging here, but even before that I usually have a bgger portion as I am 6ft 4.

Its not something as I guy I really notice tbh, unless she has left overs that I sometimes like to devour when she is done. Its a boyfriend perk!

This made me smile. Me and my guy are both logging on here and he does the same thing. I'm pretty sure that is about as much as he cares about what I eat too, whether or not he is gonna get a bite when I'm done. =D It is really nice having someone help and support the cause of getting healthier and looking better!
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    Is your laptop in the kitchen or the laundry room? If not, you are so busted!! lol! =D

This was for Reneegee23. I guess I forgot to click quote.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Do you prefer a girl to have an appetite like yours or would you rather her eat less than you? Or do you even care? I know that I hate when I'm out with a guy and he eats less than me (yes it happens lol). So I was wondering if guys feel the same way with girls.. or maybe I'm just a little overly cautious about it?

First World Problems, and a great way to create needless insecurities.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Hahahahaha. I'd offend a few sensitive guys then.

I guess these are the same guys who want to see crotch gap?? Hahahaha.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I don't think my husband gives a damn that I "eat like a man," but I'm sure it pisses off quite a few women. :happy:

He outweighs me by a good 100 lbs, so he normally eats a little bit more than I do, but not as much more as you'd think.
  • WittneeT29
    WittneeT29 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am actually relieved to hear some guys say they like a woman who eats less. Any article in pop magazines these days says that guys hate when a girl orders a salad on a date or whatever. Apparently the guys in those articles think it mean the girl is high maintenance, insecure, etc.

I ALWAYS watch what I eat and order salads at restaurants. I don't date anymore (my husband doesn't like it when I do), but it used to make me feel self conscious when I did date. I hate going to new restaurants where I don't know what is in the food, calorie content, etc. I always figured that turned off guys more than out eating them.

Luckily I married a man who can eat at the same restaurants all the time and never get bored (like me).
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Mankind, you fail. So insulted *cry* *eat large portion of chocolate*
    Wow, guys, what's it like to have women actually care what you think of our APPETITES now?
    Think about how silly this question would sound if the genders were turned around.
    I can't even believe there are men who have an opinion on it too. Why would you even care, if you're already attracted to her in the first place?
    ^this. I just wanna say I use to have eating competitions with guys around my block in highschool and I use to win...I weighed 90 pounds at the time. If I ate less then what I was eating I'd be 5'7 and less then 90 pounds...Looking at these comments, No wonder some of my other friends were anorexic? I knew one who bought popcorn at the movies once and stopped eating because a guy sat next to her. I ate mine and her popcorn. I asked her what was up and she said it's because you shouldn't eat in front of guys. Turns out she has appropriate reason according to this thread. So it's kinda insulting that some guys here assume women will turn into a 'house' if they eat more then a 'cute' portion. I'm far from large and I've seen that I eat more then some of the taller men on this site. Soo....I should try not eating now? It seems popular. You better F*ing catch me at the gym when I pass out and feed me a small portion of food.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    As a reminder to any men who didn't read through the thread

its_a_trap.jpg?w=720

DO NOT POST HERE! Apparently we're to blame for anorexia now...
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lxjyaata4b1r11s4xo1_500.gif

Scarlett: “Fiddle-dee-dee! Ashley Wilkes told me he likes to see a girl with a healthy appetite!”

Mammy: “What gentlemen says and what they thinks is two different things, and I ain’t noticed Mr. Ashley askin’ for to marry you.”

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/an-BwpfY4n2hnn4/gone_with_the_wind_1939_a_healthy_appetite/
  • MrLeeParker
    Options
    "She used to be super hot, until her caloric intake exceeded mine."

^^Said no sensible man EVER!
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Hm I didn't really think it would matter. I've always been a big eater, I love food and the only person who has ever commented on this is my step dad and my last ex. Their comments were are you sure you want to eat all that or wow look at your big plate, but it was always all plain veg which really annoyed me.
    If a guy can't accept the fact that I like to eat, then he can just go home. I'm eating because I'm hungry not because I'm trying to compete with you lol.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    "She used to be super hot, until her caloric intake exceeded mine."

^^Said no sensible man EVER!

Hahahaha! Right on.
  • huiyingx
    huiyingx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I actually seem to have the opposite problem most here have. I used to eat fairly small portions since I'm only 5'2" and that's all that I needed to feel full. When I started dating my bf my portions increased A LOT because he always wanted our food to be fair and split it half-half. Too bad he's got a great metabolism and eats whatever he wants without gaining weight while I ballooned up haha. Over the course of these last 5 years we've I've gained ~30lbs and this is really the reason I started using MFP, trying to bring my portion size back down.
  • brittany103
    brittany103 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My gf and I are both logging here, but even before that I usually have a bgger portion as I am 6ft 4.

Its not something as I guy I really notice tbh, unless she has left overs that I sometimes like to devour when she is done. Its a boyfriend perk!

Is it bad that your boyfriend perk is my girlfriend perk? I am always picking fries off my boyfriends plate.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I eat way more (volume) than my hubby does at meals. But he consumes more calories in the day than I do because he:

- has fries/chips, chocolate milk, candy, and/or pop during the day
    - his salad is a little spoonful of greens and a big spoonful of dressing. Mine is usually 2 cups of greens and no dressing.
    - he eats more of the calorie-dense foods, and I eat more of the fruits, vegetables, soups, and other lower-calorie foods
  • greasygriddle_wechnage
    Options
    JENNIE! it's THIGH GAP! hahahah :laugh:

and any man come between me and my grub, may have to pull back a bloody nub! :drinker: