GUYS- - - Do you prefer a girl to have an appetite like your

Options

Replies

• SweetProgression
    SweetProgression Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Most guys like a girl with an appetite like theirs BUT not one who doesn't stop eating to talk a little.

I'm not a big eater in front of anyone I don't really know which means dates so it turned a lot of guys I dated in the past off. Some also get turned off if you leave food on the plate but I grew up that way so eh well...
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    On our first date me and my husband went out to eat with another couple, and later he commented that he liked I wasn't afraid to eat in front of him like the other girl. I guess to each their own.
    Actually, it annoys my hubs when I don't eat as much bc I am trying to be healthy. He can eat a whole box of whole wheat pasta and red sauce alone and have room for more. I can't say I can out do him in terms of food, but I can def. keep up better than some....although, that's not really great when trying to cut back.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I hope he doesn't mind if I have an appetite, because I <3 food! My husband 9 times out of 10 out eats me though. Especially at buffets, he has no self control there. I have been catching up recently because I have entered the "I am starving all of the time" pregnancy phase.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I can't even believe there are men who have an opinion on it too. Why would you even care, if you're already attracted to her in the first place?

When I first became single, I read a bunch of "how to be single again" books and a common theme in all of them (among other, more important things) was that men liked to *say* they liked women with a healthy appetite, but in reality are turned off by a women who eats like they do.

If I'm not hungry, I won't eat, but there's no way I could pretend like those books suggested. One thing I like to do is eat good food. And, the thought of wasting money spent on good food just to show I’m "worthy" just doesn’t sit well with my frugal nature.
  • reneegee23
    reneegee23 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Do you prefer a girl to have an appetite like yours or would you rather her eat less than you? Or do you even care? I know that I hate when I'm out with a guy and he eats less than me (yes it happens lol). So I was wondering if guys feel the same way with girls.. or maybe I'm just a little overly cautious about it?

Women should always eat less than men. We should also get paid less for doing the same job. And we shouldn't speak unless spoken to.

Are you available? I think I love you.

funny-dog-pictures-wise-guy.jpg
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Doesn't bother me at all. She's a petite girl.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I can't even believe there are men who have an opinion on it too. Why would you even care, if you're already attracted to her in the first place?

When I first became single, I read a bunch of "how to be single again" books and a common theme in all of them (among other, more important things) was that men liked to *say* they liked women with a healthy appetite, but in reality are turned off by a women who eats like they do.

If I'm not hungry, I won't eat, but there's no way I could pretend like those books suggested. One thing I like to do is eat good food. And, the thought of wasting money spent on good food just to show I’m "worthy" just doesn’t sit well with my frugal nature.

People actually read those books?
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Wow. I know I already commented, but I really can't believe how many men and women associate food consumption with masculinity/femininity. It's crazy! And sad. And sexist. And old fashioned... and... grrr.

I feel sorry for the women who think they have to eat like birds to be attractive.

Just eat. If it's more than a man... so what? if it's less... so what? Are you healthy? Are you eating the calories you need to eat to meet your goals, whether it's weight loss, weight gain, or maintenance? If the answer is yes, who cares about the rest?

And I'm amazed that there are guys and gals who don't understand why some of us react so strongly to the op's question and to the responses. Women have had to fight for equality... and yet we still face blatant sexism on a regular basis. Of course it's upsetting to have someone suggest that we have to fit a stereotyped roll to be attractive and desirable.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

People actually read those books?

Yup, I did!!

Once guy and I were talking about food. I told him what I usually eat (pretty routine and healthy). He said he was impressed that I cared about myself and that he ate more like a "guy" and I'd probably not want him to cook for me as anything goes for him.
    I then said "well don't get me wrong.. I love me a huge greasy cheeseburger and a big *kitten* beer too".

He said I got extra points and that it was a huge turn on that I'd eat that. Ha!
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Do you prefer a girl to have an appetite like yours or would you rather her eat less than you? Or do you even care? I know that I hate when I'm out with a guy and he eats less than me (yes it happens lol). So I was wondering if guys feel the same way with girls.. or maybe I'm just a little overly cautious about it?

Absolutely 100% positively do not care as long as they are fit
  • phillbis
    phillbis Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Don't care one way or the other.
  • caddygarcia123
    caddygarcia123 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Seriously guys be smart and don't even reply to this thread. Not one more word from one more dude. Don't give them the satisfaction.

Men RUNNNN!!!! It's like if she asked " Do I look fat in this??"
    Cmon ladies, remember a female asked for opinions and the men are simply just answering of course not all men are going to say " I want a woman who eats as much as I do" and blah blah blah.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend has a good 70lbs on me (not muscle :tongue:) and I can outeat him any time. I demand that he find it impressive. Though perhaps if I didn't, I would't be on here!
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    *reads through thread as men get bashed for giving their own personal opinion that they were asked for in the fist place*

Guys!! IT'S A TRAP!!!

:laugh:
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options

And I'm amazed that there are guys and gals who don't understand why some of us react so strongly to the op's question and to the responses. Women have had to fight for equality... and yet we still face blatant sexism on a regular basis. Of course it's upsetting to have someone suggest that we have to fit a stereotyped roll to be attractive and desirable.

I have a near violent gut reaction to this nonsense... still. I absolutely can't stand a man who thinks it's acceptable to even hint around that I should be doing ANYTHING in a more ladylike manner... what I decide is "ladylike" and "feminine" and "acceptable"... even in regard to food, GOES.

Men who care are nothing more than *kitten* who want to push any low self-esteem button on a woman they can find. Nothing more. I don't buy into the "ladylike" eating bull****.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    i eat what i want, i dont care what a guy thinks lol

that being said, my boyfriend can easily pack away 3x more then me in a usual meal unless i cook/portion it for him. damn his ability to burn it all off easily
  • qmh5
    qmh5 Posts: 2
    Options
    !
  • qmh5
    qmh5 Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow, guys, what's it like to have women actually care what you think of our APPETITES now?
    Think about how silly this question would sound if the genders were turned around.

My thoughts exactly!
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I think everyone's appetite depends on a lot of factors.... age, height, male or female, sedentary or active lifestyle.... if a woman can be healthy and chow down like her hubby, then more power to her. I don`t care if I eat more or less than my husband and neither does he. We do encourage each other to exercise and try to encourage other to make better choices....

The only thing I got to say that bothers me in regards to appetite : An overweight woman (someone I know).... goes to Mcdonalds for breakfast....and she would order....2 breakfast burritos, 1 egg sausage sandwich and 3 - 4 or those hashbrowns a large orange juice and an apple turnover and scoffle it down in one sitting.....for me that was just to much to watch. (even my hubby couldn`t eat that much).... if her heart and arteries could talk and think they would be crying. It was just a sad sight. Some people really don`t care about themselves... For whatever reason they choose to eat so poorly and so much, breaks my heart because of all the health risks that this could bring. Being overweight myself at the time, I rememeber thinking what she chose to eat was ***king crazy.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I question any man's masculinity who thinks my caloric intake isn't feminine enough for them.