Where do you workout?

Options

Replies

• tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I have a variety of Zumba videos and about 10 Leslie Sansone videos and change them up and do them most of the time. If the weather is nice and I have the time, I go walking outside. I also do stretches and weight workouts at home.
  • mrsfurby14
    mrsfurby14 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I work out at the YMCA, and I do it at home as well.
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I have always been a "neighborhood walker", but have decided to add to my workouts to keep things interesting. I joined a StayFit program at the local hospital which is a bout .5 miles from my front door with easy access and all newly poured sidewalks to get there, so I can walk over! YAY!! My membership includes cardio equipment in a medically monitored environment. There are treadmills, elliptical machines, recumbant and regular steppers, recumbant and regular stationary bikes, both finger and hand HRM's (some located on the equipment), an area for warm ups, scales, BP cuffs, and tables for working out using resistance bands, balance balls, and free weights. Another part of my membership includes free weekly classes in Pilates, Yoga, Zumba, Kettlebells, and Spinning classes as well as other aerobic and dance classes. I have found the best of all worlds and am happy as can be. Only bad thing is that there is nothing available on weekends, so outdoor activities will have to suffice! Oh well, I am sure I can find plenty to keep me moving.

My daughter is in marching band and my goal for late summer and early fall is helping at competitions by becoming a part of the all important pit crew and being in the thick of the activity this year (Last year, I was more of a sideline parent!)

I am excited at all that this new lifestyle has to offer me!YAY!
  • tcortez3
    tcortez3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Crossfit- yes, i'm one of those crazy people who is addicted to it. :) Prior to Crossfit, I started running on and off about 2 years ago and I am trying to integrate running on days I can't get to crossfit because of scheduling conflicts. If I go for a run, I usually run outside because I hate treadmills. I like running in places that are not too hot or cold with nice scenery. So when i'm at school (midwest) I like running outside because even main streets have a lot of trees. At home (Cali) I like to run around trees or beaches.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    inn the gym and i sprint in the parking lot near where i live
    030376 Posts: 5
    Options
    I like to jog or run a few miles outside. I don't like going to real public places where I might run into someone I know though. So theres a forest preserve close by and I run on the trails in there.
  • officiallymrswhite
    officiallymrswhite Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    My treadmill is in my basement. This godforsaken Jillian Michaels dvd crap is done on the first floor living room. Ugh. I hate her.

Ah...yes...Jillian Michaels...I am currently doing the 30 Day Shred....I have to admit I put it on mute and listen to music because I cannot stand to listen to her!! lol!
  • Morgaine_on_the_move
    Morgaine_on_the_move Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Gold's. The zumba/dance fitness instructor at mine is uh-maaaaa-zing and I joined just to take her classes.
    I also love to run on a nearby lake trail.
  • vlaura
    vlaura Posts: 93
    Options
    My university's rec center :)
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :heart: I've been working out at Curves 5 to 6 Days a week for 3 years.
    :smile: As of January I cut down to 3 to 4 times a week at Curves, and started going to Anytime Fitness 3 times a week. Hubby was supposed to be going with me, but so far he has gone 3 times since January 1.

:drinker: Curves may not be The Best Gym for everyone, but for me it is PERFECT!!!
  • christyallgood
    christyallgood Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    At home. I have an elliptical, stationary bike and a huge library of DVDs in my upstairs bonus room. My own little gym with hand weights and kettlebells!
  • Amy_Lee_2012
    Amy_Lee_2012 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I workout in the comforts of my own living room. I also have a nice sized back yard and go for walks around the property.
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    YMCA! It suits my needs right now, childcare while working out, and free classes, and we signed up for the parents night out this month, hubs and I are excited about that. The people are really nice as well.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ~ The best gym in the world for me is ... Nature, the good ol' outdoors ! I try to bike outdoors as often as possible, and I take long walks along the beach not only for exercise, but to clear my mind. I do all strength / weight lifting in my home at night or really early in the morning. I have a desk bike that allows me to multitask ( such as right now ) and I do kettlebell and Yoga at home. I get my cardio in with Shaun T ... again at home ... yeah, I'm thinking my bedroom is now my gym ! :tongue:

I do venture out into the " gym world " for TRX classes and I am considering checking out " Round 9 " ... a little boxing is good for the soul !

But by far ... my coastal biking is my favè ! :smile:
  • Heather_Young
    Options
    GoodLife Fitness .I do a lot of varietys there . Strength training, cardio, and zumba . Its awesome :)
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I workout at the local gym, owned by a couple of physical therapists in town.. it's small, but packed with action. I do most of my working out in the form of Bootcamp, TRX or Zumba classes.. I also run (outside) 3-4 days per week. All told I get in roughly 6 to 8 hours of workout time in per week. There is usually one day a week I do heavy squats or deadlifts as well.
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i workout at home with my treadmill and weights. also alot of dvd workout...
  • milenasmom6
    Options
    Lifetime Fitness; however according to my husband if I don't go at least twice a week, he will drop me from the membership :grumble: . I plan on staying on track though as it is a wonderful facility with state-of-the-art equipment, indoor/outdoor pool and a great daycare center.
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I work out bunch of places.

1. Walk around my neighborhood
    2. The work out room in our neighborhood center
    3. Gym on post where my husband is stationed at
    4. Stroller Strides
    5. Home (Zumba on wii, pilates on wii)
    6. Curves
  • ShaeSweetie
    ShaeSweetie Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    i actually live in a hotel so i have the workout room downstairs and the pool as well for doing laps and such. If i dont feel like going to the gym then i workout in my room. i do P90x or Insanity!