A New Me - Let's get started!

Options

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,586 Member
    Options
    Jill - you made it! I'm glad to see you here. When is your birthday? Mine is October 26th... I haven't been too good at checking the beachbody boards, I love it over here - how are you doing? Have you bumped up to BIU yet?
    Seriously? Mine is October 26 too! :laugh: You're my Birthday Buddy!

I did BIU yesterday. It was HARD! But I'm looking forward to doing it — and cursing some more at Debbie — again today.

Jill
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,586 Member
    Options
    Jill, I can relate to wanting to hit your goal by 50. I turn 50 in March and that is my goal as well. I have 14 to go so I hope I can do it. With this group motivating me I hope too. I used to live in the Seattle area for 23 years so I know exactly where Puyallup is, it sure has grown!

Kat
    I love your signature "Fit by Fifty." You are so close. I know you'll make it!

Where in the Seattle area did you live? I grew up in Federal Way and my husband in Olympia, so we wanted to live somewhere in between, and that's how we ended up in Puyallup. Been here 21 years now!

Jill
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Good Morning (Afternoon for you Easterners)

Debbie - Welcome! I did & worked for WW the first time I lost all my weight. It's a great program :0)

Phoebe - Almost 10lbs in a month and only one bad day....AWESOME!! YOU ROCK!

Lisa & Jill - My hubby is Oct 25th, good friend in England is Oct 24th and my Godson is Oct 26th! Must be a gret day!

How's everyone feeling today? Everyone have a plan??? I have my plan, food decided, workout decided and I'm sticking to it....Should be a good day :tongue:
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Jill, I can relate to wanting to hit your goal by 50. I turn 50 in March and that is my goal as well. I have 14 to go so I hope I can do it. With this group motivating me I hope too. I used to live in the Seattle area for 23 years so I know exactly where Puyallup is, it sure has grown!

Kat
    I love your signature "Fit by Fifty." You are so close. I know you'll make it!

Where in the Seattle area did you live? I grew up in Federal Way and my husband in Olympia, so we wanted to live somewhere in between, and that's how we ended up in Puyallup. Been here 21 years now!

Jill

I went to school in Edmonds but lived everywhere from Everett, Snohomish, Monroe and West Seattle, somewhat of a vagabond! =) I love the Pacific Northwest. The only reason I don't still live there is because my husband at the time could not find work. You know how it is, if Boeing isn't doing well, no one is doing well. He ended up looking for work in Sacramento and got a job right away so here we are!

Thanks for the encouragement! I was going gangbusters and I derailed a bit so I need to get my patootie back on the bandwagon!

Kat
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Good Morning (Afternoon for you Easterners)

Debbie - Welcome! I did & worked for WW the first time I lost all my weight. It's a great program :0)

Phoebe - Almost 10lbs in a month and only one bad day....AWESOME!! YOU ROCK!

Lisa & Jill - My hubby is Oct 25th, good friend in England is Oct 24th and my Godson is Oct 26th! Must be a gret day!

How's everyone feeling today? Everyone have a plan??? I have my plan, food decided, workout decided and I'm sticking to it....Should be a good day :tongue:
    good morning mamakat
    Hope to lose 2 pounds this week .... that would make it that i loss 10 pounds and that means a manicure (YAY!!!) will find out tomorrow morning for our weekly weigh in ... cant wait (wow i cant believe than i am excited to step on a scale ( LOL :tongue: )
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    [/quote]
    good morning mamakat
    Hope to lose 2 pounds this week .... that would make it that i loss 10 pounds and that means a manicure (YAY!!!) will find out tomorrow morning for our weekly weigh in ... cant wait (wow i cant believe than i am excited to step on a scale ( LOL :tongue: )
    [/quote]
    Good Morning Megan
    I hear ya on excited for the scale...strange isn't it? My mini goal is 160 by Sept 1st and this mornign I was 160.6...So I think I can do (as long a my body doesn't do some weird thing on me:tongue: )

I'll go by Kathy on here since we have another Kat (WildKat) :0)

Have a great day!
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome Debbie!

Sounds like everyone is doing great today! Spirits are up, motivation is up, lets kick some booty today ladies! We got this full day to kick it in gear and knock off all the extra ounces that we can before tomorrow's weigh in!

I already got in one workout this morning and I am planning on doing the RIU dvd around 2:30-3 (depending on what's going on). The SI6 Express diet has been a little rough for me, but I'm sticking to it. Actually, I haven't wanted to deter at all, it's just time consuming. Measuring everything, cleaning and cutting all the fresh veggies, etc. I don't think I would EVER survive it if I was at work.

My goal for the day is to get my second workout in, get a few loads of laundry done, clean the kitchen (which is already done), and start getting my family on some kind of schedule so that we do not go insane next week when everyone is back to the grind.

I'm excited for tomorrow's weigh in too! I actually cheated and weighed myself this morning, back down to 162.2 so I'm hoping to see 161 tomorrow. I won't get to change my ticker, but I will at least be back down to where I got last week!
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon All!

I went to the Dr's today and my strings for my IUD look good. YAY!

Bummer, I ate a Burger King burger for lunch and an apple. I haven't logged it yet, so don't know how bad I did.

I just found out Sharlotte is old enough for beginning some schooling program they do around here. She'll be 2 soon. So, if I am not to late I can get her enrolled in that.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    Silver - Glad it all went well today.

Lisa - OK super motivated, two workouts and the diet! I have no idea where you ladies find the time, I'm lucky to just get one workout in!

OH I just realized I've been doing this 10 weeks which means my avg weight loss is 1.5 a week! THat's perfect for me!

:heart: Kathy:heart:
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Phoebe - thank you! We all have our down days and I love that you guys have been so supportive while I was having a few rough days. I hope to be just as supportive when others have a rough time.

Kat - I think this is group is awesome. I really think we are all dedicated and we're all going to slim down and start to feel healthier and more confident. I can't wait until we all reach our goals!

Kim - Thank you for being honest! I know that it's hard to change your ways, all we can do is take it one day at a time and keep trying to change the areas that we know we need to. I'm having a hard time getting up early for the morning workout too, but I have to get it figured out by Monday or I'll be doing my workout after work too!

Jill - I can NOT believe that we share our birthdays! That's awesome birthday buddy! :flowerforyou:

Kathy - You've got your hands full with birthdays in October too, geesh.

Megan - what's going on with you today? Are you doing your normal 90 minutes of cardio and all the other stuff?

Silver - I'm glad to hear that your doctor's appointment went well. That's great news!
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Kathy - well thank you, but let me make it clear that I am only doing two workouts because the program recommends it at this stage. I know that it may not be for everyone, but it's what I committed to and I'm going to follow through. I would NOT be able to get in two workouts or stick to the diet if I were at work, so it was just luck that I had planned for this week off work!

That's awesome that your average is 1.5 per week. At that rate you will be at or below 140 by Christmas!

I'm trying to remember to sign my name, but I think most of you remember me for when I forget...Sorry though, I'm trying.

:heart: Lisa
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    Hello LisaC..... yes i just finished my 90 minute workout and after lunch i will get on my "total gym" and go for that 45 minutes on it again like i do yesterday.... i woke up this morning feeling so refresh
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    I just made a yummy smoothie for my snack before lunch .... Light vanilla soy milk ... Dole 100% juice (pineapple orange and banana) light n fit vanilla yogurt a banana and peach and a lil ice YUMMMMMMMMM :heart: Megan
  • velvetkist
    Options
    It hard staying the straight an narrow especially when you have other people to be responsible for. I applaud all of you working mothers who are trying so hard to this for yourselves. It being just me and my husband (one kid in college and the other living with bf), him working nights and me being a housewife with so much free time makes it easier for me to work on myself. I have no excuses. You are all such a great motivation! Good job on even the small wins today ladies!

Christine :glasses:

158741.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • Silver_Dream
    Options
    500 CALORIES! for that one little burger! Guess I'm having Chicken and Stewed Tomatoes for dinner, so that I can still have a bed time snack of flipside crackers.

I work out tomorrow morning. But I'll remember to weigh myself when I get up and I"ll post it as soon as I come downstairs. Though I'll probably still be weighing in at 185-186. Since my weigh in day is actually Friday.
  • Silver_Dream
    Options
    I cheated on my eating plan. :( I licked the spoon from making Sharlotte's cake and I'm sure that that will send my calories way over. :( Sad, but it tasted oh so good! I'm glad tomorrow is my work out day so I can eat cake at her birthday party without worrying about it too much.
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options
    Name: Donna

A little bit about me: I am a 53 yr old mother of three, two daughters and one son

Current Weight:190

Starting Weight:195

Goal: 150 (for now)

Program: (if you have one) MFP

Short Term Goal and Reward:I haven't thought about that yet

208998.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    Name: Donna

A little bit about me: I am a 53 yr old mother of three, two daughters and one son

Current Weight:190

Starting Weight:195

Goal: 150 (for now)

Program: (if you have one) MFP

Short Term Goal and Reward:I haven't thought about that yet

208998.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    Welcome aboard Donna.... this group is very supportive and motivated .... we weigh in every wednesday .... glad you could join us
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    You all are so quick and responsive, I am having a hard time keeping up. haha.

Everyone who joined since I last posted, welcome! :)

I just have one fun thing to say - I have a job interview tomorrow! So I am hoping to land it since it will be research and I can put my B.A. to good use!

I have been doing well on eating today and drinking water! I think I had a little extra exercise today since my horse and I had a battle over trimming his feet. He eventually listened, but I have rope burns on my hands and a sore back. lol. I am going to the gym tonight with my aunt, as usual.

I hope you all are able to meet your goals today! Keep up the great work! :)

-Stephanie
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I just made a yummy smoothie for my snack before lunch .... Light vanilla soy milk ... Dole 100% juice (pineapple orange and banana) light n fit vanilla yogurt a banana and peach and a lil ice YUMMMMMMMMM :heart: Megan

That sounds delicious! :D