Pear shaped women

Options

Replies

• lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear as well, don't feel bad about your shape, it is one of the more healthy shapes because you carry less fat around your heart. Not everyone can be an hour glass...
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    I thing your measurments are good. I am pear shape and have similar measurements. I trying to do more cardio to burn down my legs.

Height- 5'5
    weight -134lbs
    waist- 28
    hips- 38
    chest- 34
    thights-22.5

We are almost twinkies. :)
  • MUByM
    MUByM Posts: 208
    Options
    I just checked and I'm pear shaped as well. I like my shape although I feel like my shoulders are too wide. I want my hips a little smaller but I doubt that will happen. In my last measurements I lost 3 inches on my waist and gained 1 on my hips.
  • 1JenMilam
    1JenMilam Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    If you go to calculator.net it will calculate your body type for you. (for those that don't know their type)

I am a true pear.......

Thanks for the link... I am what I always thought I was a Pear Shape.

Height 5'3"
    Bust 36
    Waist 37
    Hips 46

In the last two months I've lost 2 inches off my waist and 1 off my hips... I have always wanted to be the girl who had a gap between her thighs when she stood up straight. But instead I am the girl who can't wear corduroy for fear of combusting. :blushing:
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I love Pear shaped women, they're much juicier than the rest
  • DanielleRN8
    Options
    I love Pear shaped women, they're much juicier than the rest

Hahaha, definitely the truth! :laugh:
  • Fathima0712
    Fathima0712 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am Pear shaped too..

Height:5'4
    Weight:147lb
    Bust:35
    Waist:29
    Hip:39!!!!

Actually my waist was 33 and hip was 41,but after 8 days of 30 day shred,i have lost this much inches off them! Thanks Jillian Micheals!
    I am looking for inspiration from other pear shaped women to push me through!! :):)
  • empty_with_you
    Options
    me too
    height: 5'5"
    weight: 141
    waist:28
    Hip:39
    i hate it:/
  • DanielleRN8
    Options
    I am Pear shaped too..

Height:5'4
    Weight:147lb
    Waist:29
    Hip:39!!!!

Actually my waist was 33 and hip was 41,but after 8 days of 30 day shred,i have lost this much inches off them! Thanks Jillian Micheals!
    I am looking for inspiration from other pear shaped women to push me through!! :):)

Jillian Michaels is amazing! Feel free to add me so you can have the support of another pear shaped woman. :)
  • cellokitty91
    cellokitty91 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I <3 this thread
    34/26/38!!
    I'm 123 lbs and 5'6'' and I run everyday -__- but bones don't shrink!
    gotta love it I spose :)
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    pear-shaped heere!! feel free to add :)
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I think I am a pear, although some people beg to differ. It's a bit frustrating because even when I gain a little bit of weight, it's very noticeable. I wear the same jean size as people who are my height and 30+ pounds heavier than me :/

Yeah, I can't figure that one out either. :) It must be the pear thing. I'm 115# and wear mostly size 8 jeans. It also takes a while to find jeans that fit. To get them to fit in the hips there's always a huge gap in the waist. I'm never without my belt. ha

Weight-115
    hips 36
    waist 25
    waist navel 26.5 (I never know where to measure, different sites ask for different ways to measure your waist)
    wrist 5.5
    5'7"
  • enilorac1990
    Options
    My measurements are the exact same as yours and I disagree, i do not think we are pear shaped even though we have a small bust. Pear-shaped women have narrow shoulders. it's that measurement you need to look at. and if it's within 5% of your hip measurement, then you are an hourglass shape! :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", 160lbs

Hips: 40
    Waist: 29
    Bust: 35
    Thigh: 24
    Arm: 11.5
    Shoulders: 42 around

My thighs are my very last trouble spot.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    My measurements are the exact same as yours and I disagree, i do not think we are pear shaped even though we have a small bust. Pear-shaped women have narrow shoulders. it's that measurement you need to look at. and if it's within 5% of your hip measurement, then you are an hourglass shape! :)

How do you work out 5%, though? Because my shoulders aren't really narrow ..
  • sophsw
    sophsw Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I don't have narrow shoulders either. My shoulders definitely aren't smaller than my hips. I went to the body calculator and it said I wasn't any of their 4 shapes.
  • Littlechele
    Options
    so pleased to see this thread, I am a very bottom heavy woman and as I am so short, I think it looks awful (only 5 foot tall). The weight I've lost so far has resulted in my dropping a cup size in my bra, where as I still retain wobbly thighs, a big butt and pot belly! I am hoping that over time when I'm nearer to my target I will look more even, but it seems that while I'm on my way I am going to look a bit freaky for awhile - fine from the waist up, arrrrrrghhhhh! from the waist down. And to the original poster - I think you look lovely and CAN wear a bikini :) I look forward to the day when I can too :)
  • DanielleRN8
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support! I guess what makes me feel like such a "pear" is that I have such a tiny bust, huge natural waist, and giant hips/bum! I'm hoping to change that soon though! (fingers crossed!)
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I don't have narrow shoulders either. My shoulders definitely aren't smaller than my hips. I went to the body calculator and it said I wasn't any of their 4 shapes.

That calculator was horrible. If you have a pretty good gap between your waist and hips, and your bust is as wide as your hips, you are an hourglass. If those 3 measurements are more similar, then you a re a ruler. If the bust is way bigger, you are either an aple or an inverted triangle depending on how your waist looks.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!