A New Me - Let's get started!

Options

Replies

• MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm going to need some prayers for tonight!! Somehow or another I have to stick to my diet, do laundry and manage to go to the gym and get to bed early enough to go in the morning! I am going to my best friends house to do laundry (every tuesday night) , it's her 4 yr olds birthday(we had his party sun) and she has made a cake and some cookies and cooked a big dinner! I will be there until 8 or 9 more than likely, then I will have to go to the gym for at least 30 minutes!! It's going to be a busy evening, but I've motivated myself quite a bit today thinking about it, so maybe I will have some will power! Hope everyone had a great day!!

Welcome newbies!!

:heart: Kim
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    hey everybody Shanta Is in the Building:laugh: :laugh: :happy: :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • Saken
    Saken Posts: 476
    Options
    hi shanta
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Stepahnie - Good luck, that's great news!

Shanta - Welcome

Kim - You can do it! I have full confidence in you!

Silver - Maybe it wasn't as bad as you think...make sure you up the intensity of your workout tomorrow!

Donna - SO happy you found us!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:

:drinker: Cheers to all, the day is half over
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm going to need some prayers for tonight!! Somehow or another I have to stick to my diet, do laundry and manage to go to the gym and get to bed early enough to go in the morning! I am going to my best friends house to do laundry (every tuesday night) , it's her 4 yr olds birthday(we had his party sun) and she has made a cake and some cookies and cooked a big dinner! I will be there until 8 or 9 more than likely, then I will have to go to the gym for at least 30 minutes!! It's going to be a busy evening, but I've motivated myself quite a bit today thinking about it, so maybe I will have some will power! Hope everyone had a great day!!

Welcome newbies!!

:heart: Kim

You can do it Kim! :D

Shanta - Welcome!

Mamakat - Thanks for the good luck wishes. :)

-Stephanie
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I made my daughter's cake. 2 trays of it. I didn't mean to make 2 trays. So Hopefully I go to my friends house this weekend where I will give the extra cake to them! HAHAH! Let them eat CAKE!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    I made my daughter's cake. 2 trays of it. I didn't mean to make 2 trays. So Hopefully I go to my friends house this weekend where I will give the extra cake to them! HAHAH! Let them eat CAKE!

Agreed! Any baking I do goes either to work with my husband or given to neighbors. My BIL brought us a 5lb box of chocolate from Switzerland (he's a pilot) so the kids got a couple of pieces then off to work with DH....but not before I consumed WAY too many peices this weekend.:blushing:
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options

I'd say package that cake up as quickly as possible. I know that if it's just out, I can't help myself. Out of sight, out of mind is a definite necessity for sweets! Hopefully they'll take it off your hands. ;)
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO I just received my slim in 6 ...... will start working out to that tomorrow I AM SOOOOOOO EXCITED :tongue:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    YEAH MEGAN!!! YEAH Slim in 6!!!!
    If you and Lisa start flying down on the scales you'll be this groups informercial, :laugh:
  • Silver_Dream
    Options
    Megan, yay! Hope to hear how your first work out goes!

I got Ben here to help keep me from being tempted. I usually have no will power when it comes to food I LOVE. And I LOVE cake! But I know I can't cut into it anyway, because I have to ice it for tomorrow. And I don't want to take the Cake to the party with pieces already cut out of it! Ya, know?

I'm hoping to start incorporating Yoga into my work out thing. I know I can do that with Sharlotte around, no pieces for her to steal!

I'm hoping to buy a Yoga DVD this weekend.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    YEAH MEGAN!!! YEAH Slim in 6!!!!
    If you and Lisa start flying down on the scales you'll be this groups informercial, :laugh:
    :laugh: @ mamakat.... and i would be okay with that

Silver i will let you know tomorrow after i work out
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    Anyone here a fan of MFP on Facebook?
  • Silver_Dream
    Options
    They have MFP on facebook?
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Welcome Donna and Shanta!

Megan - I'm so excited! I can't wait to hear how your first workout goes. It was recommended to me to do Slim & Limber before Start It Up each time you workout. It helps so you don't get sore, and I've never really been sore after the workout....just during. :laugh:

Silver - I agree with everyone else's advise - keep the cake out of sight and keep it off limits. I have 1/4 of Elizabeth's ice cream cake from her birthday left in the freezer and I haven't touched it. Haven't even looked at it.

Kim - you can do it! I have faith in you!

Stephanie - keep up the good work!

Kathy - we're going to have you on the Slim in 6 wagon in no time, I can see it already! We'll all be on the infomercial together. :laugh:

Overall I have done really really good today. I still need to get my second workout in, but I'm planning on doing that soon.

I hope everyone has a good night and I'll check in with everyone in the morning for our weigh in!

:heart: Lisa
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Anyone here a fan of MFP on Facebook?

Yep I'm there...look for me! Kat (aka Kathy Kushner)
  • Silver_Dream
    Options
    I'm on there, too.

Look for Silver Burkholder.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    UGHHHHHHHHH I am sooooo overwelmed with the slim in 6 program that i got today .... i read all the lil booklets and WOW overwelming (at least it is for me ) :noway:
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way Megan - try not to let it intimidate you. What do you think of the Slim in 6 Express diet plan? That's what I'm doing now. Just completed day 2, although I only did one work out yesterday so I may extend it out one extra day. We'll see how I'm doing by then. I got in both work outs today. I did Cardio Core Express, S&L and RIU today. Man, can I feel it in my abs! They are actually sore (I think it started with Cardio Core Express yesterday)

This morning we popped in Cardio Core Express and during the first 4 minutes Josh was saying how much he liked this one...I told him I'd check back in after 26 more minutes. Needless to say, he wasn't still saying how much he liked it...:laugh:

It's an amazing workout and I can't believe that if you stick to this for 6 weeks that it could be humanily possible to NOT lose weight. Man, would I be pissed if I did all this and didn't see any changes!!!! :angry:

Ok - hope everyone has a good night and we'll all check in tomorrow! It's time for me to get ready for bed! :yawn:
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm in Cali so I just finished my workout. I am happy to report I did it. 45 minutes of Turbo Jam, I forgot how much I like that. Anyway my HRM says I burned 511 calories so that leaves my over 900 calories for dinner which I will most definitely not need. We're having some grilled chicken, cauliflower and a nice green salad. Then early to bed to do it all again tomorrow! Hopefully the scale will thank me in morning.

Everyone have a good evening! :flowerforyou:

P.S. - It was good to see you on Facebook Silver!