Pear shaped women

Options

Replies

• Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I guess I thought pear shaped meant quite a difference between hip to waist ratio. So kind of an hourglass pear maybe. :)
  • LaRoux10
    LaRoux10 Posts: 19
    Options
    I am a pear too. I'd be fine with it if my thighs weren't so big. Ergh, it's so annoying! Oh well, that's why I'm here.
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I think I am a pear, although some people beg to differ. It's a bit frustrating because even when I gain a little bit of weight, it's very noticeable. I wear the same jean size as people who are my height and 30+ pounds heavier than me :/

Yeah, I can't figure that one out either. :) It must be the pear thing. I'm 115# and wear mostly size 8 jeans. It also takes a while to find jeans that fit. To get them to fit in the hips there's always a huge gap in the waist. I'm never without my belt. ha

Weight-115
    hips 36
    waist 25
    waist navel 26.5 (I never know where to measure, different sites ask for different ways to measure your waist)
    wrist 5.5
    5'7"

YES I SOO AGREE WITH THIS!!! I've lost 43lbs and I'm still wearing a size 10 bc my hips and butt!!! Grrrrr but someone else who loses 40lbs would drop 6 jean sizes already and nothing ever fits my waist it's a must to have a belt
    Measurements

5ft 6in
    Medium/Large Frame
    CW-139.8lb
    Chest- 30 in ( if Iose any more inches off my chest I'll scream lol I'm down to A : ( :(
    Waist - 29in ( hasnt budged in over a month )
    Hips - 40in GRRRRRR
    Thighs -21in

Any other pear shaped ladies Add me ; )
  • suzikay12
    suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm proud to be a pear!

5'8
    CW 174
    Chest: 36
    Waist: 31
    Hips: 43

My waist will just keep getting smaller and smaller when I lose weight but hips, butt and thighs barely change. I can lose 40lbs and still fit into the same pants! (although they will be looser and fit better) It's somewhat frustrating to never get to buy smaller jeans but if I had to choose a body type, this would probably be it. I find that I carry my weight very well. People are often shocked when I tell them how much I weigh. I would like to lose a few inches off the hips but I know it's slow going for us pears.
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    Just to update, maybe it was just the bathing suit in the first picture. Of course, in the after picture, I've lost an additional 12 pounds. Maybe there's still hope for me yet...

PhotoGrid_1335476347551.jpg
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support! I guess what makes me feel like such a "pear" is that I have such a tiny bust, huge natural waist, and giant hips/bum! I'm hoping to change that soon though! (fingers crossed!)

Are you sure you're a pear? There is not much difference between your hips and your waist, and pears have significantly larger hips than waist. I think you're a ruler, to be honest.
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support! I guess what makes me feel like such a "pear" is that I have such a tiny bust, huge natural waist, and giant hips/bum! I'm hoping to change that soon though! (fingers crossed!)

Are you sure you're a pear? There is not much difference between your hips and your waist, and pears have significantly larger hips than waist. I think you're a ruler, to be honest.

In the latest picture, I look more even but my measurements are that of a pear. There's the website posted in a comment above that will calculate your shape based on your measurements. I just have a small bust, a large natural waist, and large hips. I don't know though. Maybe the more weight I lose, the better my shape will be?
  • MirelaH
    MirelaH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    <
    pear!!!!!

5'6" and 151 lbs in the pic. Currently 146.8 lbs.
  • stargazer008
    Options
    Height: 5'3
    Weight" Around 110 pounds
    Bust: 32 inches
    Waist: 24 inches
    Hips: 35/36 inches

At least we tend to have nice waists.
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I am! I'm looking to get down to 135, I have 8 more lbs to go but here are my measurements as of now:

I'm 5'3, currently weigh 143.

Chest: 33
    Waist: 29
    Hips: 36 (mostly butt)
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I am more of a pear who used to be a COKE BOTTLE LOL

5'1"
    Currently 210lbs
    Bust 42 3/4'
    Waist 36"
    Hips 54"

LOL
  • girlontheseesaw
    Options
    Always been pear, even when I was super skinny in my teens and twenties. Pear shape remained during weight gain, with nearly all the weight settling around my hips/bum/thighs. Recently, my bottom is shrinking and now proportionately my hips are smaller to my overall body shape, which I think is down to lots of regular exercise, especially cycling. ETA I'm now in maintenance mode.

Current stats:
    Age 40
    Height 5'8"
    Weight 135lb
    Bust 33"
    Waist 27"
    Hips 37"
  • ngarrett75
    ngarrett75 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Losing weight as a Pear is so aggravating. My measurements are 36-34-46 and when I lose, it comes off my top very quickly and takes forever to slim down hips and thighs. It gets so discouraging!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    You won't like this advice, but if you are truly extremely pear shaped there's a limit to what you can do with just diet and exercise. I am, and I use weights only on my upper body and calves. As I've said before on this site, if you're training for a sport and need significant lower body strength, this approach would not work.

I also have studied shapes that work on my body and learning to sew because proper fit makes such a difference. I'm also short-waisted and petite and many regular cut clothes hit me below my natural waist and make my lower half look bigger than it is.
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I wish I had a little bit of a pear shaped rather than the no-waist, no-butt look that I ended up with!
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I think I am, not really sure, but I have small breasts and wide hips. I thought I looked really weird in a dress because my hips stick out a lot (and it's mostly not fat). My husband reassured me that it was good to have wide hips because it was good for child bearing, so I'm trying to be more happy with them.
  • kimanne4
    kimanne4 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear. I've always been a pear and I'll always be a pear no matter how much weight I lose. But I'll tell you something...men love pears! I've yet to have a man tell me my behind was too big...lol. Sir Mix-A-Lot was right...hahaha
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Losing weight as a Pear is so aggravating.

You think? I think my pear body has helped me in losing weight. When I was at my fattest, my stomach was getting so big it minimized my small waist and made me look all around fat. But I have lost most of my weight from my stomach now, and my waist is now 15" smaller than my hips, so I have a nice shape again. I love having big thighs and a bum, and a smaller top, I don't think it's a detriment at all!
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    <
    pear!!!!!

5'6" and 151 lbs in the pic. Currently 146.8 lbs.

I LOVE your shape, and you're most def a lovely pear :-)
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options

In the latest picture, I look more even but my measurements are that of a pear. There's the website posted in a comment above that will calculate your shape based on your measurements. I just have a small bust, a large natural waist, and large hips. I don't know though. Maybe the more weight I lose, the better my shape will be?

Hmm, I hear you but measurements aren't the be all and end all. I dunno, I think the visual is also important. I don't think pears have a large natural waist, it has to be smaller, I think. And by more than a few inches. What are your measurements?

And don't worry about your shape, whether you're a pear or not, you can make the best of your body. And well done on the weight loss, btw!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!