would you date someone plus size ?

Options

Replies

• CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that, sucks that they won't do as much active stuff with me as I'd like but it would also suck if I injured myself and the person I was with took off because I was no longer active. As long as they're a good person, trying to take care of themselves, supportive, you're attracted to them and you love them, who cares?
  • MILICA1986
    MILICA1986 Posts: 172
    Options
    I wouldn't. I like slim muscular men.:smile:
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    OF COURSE
  • kerriberry74
    kerriberry74 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Up to a point, although that is probably due more to my preferring proportion. Generally I prefer tall enough that I can wear heels & not be looming over him and enough heft that 1. we don't look like the # 10 when we're standing next to each other and 2. I can cuddle into him and feel at least a little bit small.

It's always subject to change though... I have a bit of a crush on one of my professors who is slightly younger, a little bit taller than me & is definitely on the thin side. I find i'm more attracted to his outgoing personality and the absolute passion he has for what he's teaching (although it helps that he's cute!). Who knows... maybe that just means i'm growing up....
  • munkey418
    munkey418 Posts: 139
    Options
    Ive never been a skinny minnie and neither has my husband. I think the extra squish makes him more comfortable to cuddle with :) My ex was a stick and the biggest JERK in the world. Ive found the fluffier guys are sweeter and more fun anyway :)
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I went on a date with a plus size person but I didn't feel the attraction.
  • starcatcher1975
    starcatcher1975 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Yep, especially if I had the chance to get to know him first. Can't turn a guy down just because he's plus size...so am I. I like a guy I don't feel like I'd break if I tackled him or sat on his lap :laugh: And I've known plenty of guys I didn't think were that good looking but once I got to know them they were HOT! A person is so much more than what's on the outside and I would hate to be judge based just on what the world could see at a glance.
  • stargazer008
    Options
    Depends on their personality and how they make me feel. If they were extremely obese then probably no. Extreme obese as in like 300+ pounds.
  • courtxoney
    courtxoney Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    honestly wouldnt make a difference to me if they were plus size or not.
    i'm all about the personality.
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I couldn't date anyone bigger than me. I need a skinny, healthy person for motivation or I'll lose it in that 'comfortable' stage. I know I have no room to talk about being plus size.. but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I haven't been big my whole life, and I still have that skinny girl brain sometimes.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Unless you are morbidly obese, I would consider it.

I've dated stick thin, a bit chubby, some gym rats...all ranges of "types"...

If you can't make me laugh or laugh with me and have common interests, then it wouldn't work regardless of your size.

I wouldn't say I go looking for heavier men, but if one was pursuing me and had the other qualities, there is a good chance I'd fall for them anyway.

Granted...this would all be true if I were single. lol
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    yes becasue the likelihood of them cheating on you is vey slim

Is this a serious response?

Some people mentioned Doug Heffernan (Kevin James), and I agree with that despite my initial reaction to say "no" to OP. A good sense of humor is huge, though-- can make almost anyone more attractive.
  • countrywildflower
    countrywildflower Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    im attracted to bigger guys. so yes i would.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    No, I am attracted to skinny / wiry people.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    nop
    I totally freak out when my SO gains 5 kg (10 lbs) over the summer
    fortuanately he lose it every time before the winter...
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    For sure. I fall in love with my ears, not my eyes. Current boyfriend is the opposite, super skinny, and I don't find his looks so much attractive as his personality.
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    No I would not. They have to be a healthy weight.
  • TruckinBigPappa
    Options
    The whole, "I do not date big guys" is what is driving me right now to lose this weight.

I remember one instance when I walked up to a woman that I was attracted to and started talking to her. After about 30 seconds, she said and I will never forget.... "I do not date big guys and you just need to lower your standards." I responded with, "thank you, but I have lowered them, that is why I am talking to you." Made her mad and I just shook my head.

I never understood why when a man does not date a big gal it makes us a shallow prick, but when a woman does not date a big guy it makes them having standards.

Since when does having a nice body out weight a great personality. I understand that you have to be physically attracted to a person before you will notice them in any manner of being date-able, but if you do not give someone a chance to get to know them you may lose out on a great person who may be the best person you will ever date, fall in love with or even marry.

**off the soap box now**

But, I just want to thank everyone who has ever said..."I do not date big guys" because of you, I have lost 86 lbs and I am almost at the 100 lb mark with more coming off every day, so again, thank you.

*signed

A big guy...(for now)
  • bettyford4202
    bettyford4202 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I would... why not? As long as they have the qualities I am looking for then who the hell cares. Besides they could possibly turn out to be a workout buddy and a great motivator.
  • bettyford4202
    bettyford4202 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! Half the people responding to this question are saying no, but you are on a website for weight loss... doesn't make sense.