Before/After BELLY pics???

Options
JSMSDSAS05
JSMSDSAS05 Posts: 136 Member
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any before and after belly pics and would like to know how you lost your belly. Looking for inspiration. Thanks!

Replies

• kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I wish we could spot tone our midsection! Unfortunately it's not that easy. I would try something like Jillian's 30 Day Shred, it will definitely get your core toned! Take a look at these results here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/564353-my-30-day-shred-ripped-in-30-before-after-pics
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I have a side pic comparison in my profile
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    13949341_2779.jpg

The below is a copy and paste cuz I get that question a lot, lol.... hope it helps you :)

I myself never thought I would be able to get rid of my belly until I read an article which talked about the importance of getting off the floor to accomplish stomach fat burn - at first I was thinking these people are crazy but as you can tell they were right... when you do crunches you are developing the ab muscle but not burning the fat covering that muscle - but I won't get too much in to that.

So... no matter what exercise you are doing, always and I mean ALWAYS have your core engaged (stand up straight and suck in that belly) - on the treadmill, while lifting weights... ALWAYS...

Here are some of the exercises I do -cable machine (I am not sure if you use the gym or not) it is the motion what really works so free weights are ok...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/standing-cable-wood-chop
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/standing-cable-lift
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/pallof-press-with-rotation
    Cruches on a stability ball holding a weight straight up over you chest
    Standing side crunch - weight over head as if pulling down to the side as I lift straight to the side the leg of the same side (hope you understand that explanation, lol)

it will take time to see the results... there is plenty of fat that accumulates to the mid section. Drink plenty of water and if you have any stressors learn how to fight them - via working out, music, what every you have to do - I can tell when i am stress, my mid section blows up immediately :(
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    i would but i dont know how to put my pic side by side..and im not done losing weight but i look a heck of alot better then i did.
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I see some great results!!!
  • monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    162-1.jpg

Eating fairly clean, lots of protein, heavy lifting. Still have work to do.

You look insanely awesome.
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    I have a few pics but not on here : )
    I've lost a good 7 inches around my belly. I did Jillian Michaels 30 day shred to start with and then did her ripped in 30
    then I did killer buns and thighs and her 6 week six pac. Now I do her Extreme Shed and shred plus I started p90x.
    Mostly you just gotta eat well and keep working at it. Lot's of squats, cardio, weights, basically a well rounded workout and LOTS of patience! I still have some work to do but even after three kids I NEVER thought I would get my belly this close to being flat again!!
    Hard work and patience......oh and lots and lots of planks, push ups, sit ups, mountain climbers, burpees anything that works that core!
  • cassuccino
    cassuccino Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    chachita7 - Thanks for sharing the links to how to do some of the exercises!! I'm going to have to check them out!! =)
  • Kenzieb07
    Kenzieb07 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I just posted my Turbo Fire Day 60 progress pics -- I'm noticing the difference the most in my belly, surprisingly! I've lost 2" in 60 days (I'm not a big person, so 2" is quite a bit!)

Lots and lots of cardio, core work and eating right -- there's no tricks that I'm aware of, just hard work and dedication!
  • punkrockprincess23
    punkrockprincess23 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    13949341_2779.jpg

The below is a copy and paste cuz I get that question a lot, lol.... hope it helps you :)

I myself never thought I would be able to get rid of my belly until I read an article which talked about the importance of getting off the floor to accomplish stomach fat burn - at first I was thinking these people are crazy but as you can tell they were right... when you do crunches you are developing the ab muscle but not burning the fat covering that muscle - but I won't get too much in to that.

So... no matter what exercise you are doing, always and I mean ALWAYS have your core engaged (stand up straight and suck in that belly) - on the treadmill, while lifting weights... ALWAYS...

Here are some of the exercises I do -cable machine (I am not sure if you use the gym or not) it is the motion what really works so free weights are ok...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/standing-cable-wood-chop
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/standing-cable-lift
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/pallof-press-with-rotation
    Cruches on a stability ball holding a weight straight up over you chest
    Standing side crunch - weight over head as if pulling down to the side as I lift straight to the side the leg of the same side (hope you understand that explanation, lol)

it will take time to see the results... there is plenty of fat that accumulates to the mid section. Drink plenty of water and if you have any stressors learn how to fight them - via working out, music, what every you have to do - I can tell when i am stress, my mid section blows up immediately :(

u look awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • JSMSDSAS05
    JSMSDSAS05 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your responses! You all look great and give me the motivation and knowledge that it is possible! THANK YOU!
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    <<
    lots and lots of Jillian Michaels abuse.
  • Natalie182
    Natalie182 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    you all look great!

Bump for later!! x
  • AbbyCar
    AbbyCar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Bump for inspiration later!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Here's a blog I posted yesterday:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/allabtlm/view/progress-pics-2008-to-now-243486#comments

It doesn't have any of my exposed belly before, but I think it's enough to get the overall picture. I lift heavy (New Rules of Lifting for Women), do some cardio, and eat at a deficit to get my body fat % down. There's no way to spot reduce, you just have to stick with it and keep whittling away at that bf%.

I don't really believe in ab isolation exercises. I do about 15 minutes of ab isolation per week, and that's only because I teach group fitness classes and they're part of my choreo. I eat pretty high protein, I'm gluten free by necessity which doesn't help anyone without an allergy or intolerance, otherwise my diet is dirty as hell.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    not the best angle, but there is a belly in this picture (skinny fat) - one of the

263856_111994092229631_111989688896738_102572_2701021_n.jpg

and now, gone

297848_163322040430169_111989688896738_282960_205331607_n.jpg

it might be easier to see it in transformation form here

transformations.jpg
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    My before pictures are not the best because I did not allow pictures to be taken of me in my bikini.

These are 1 year after 6th baby was born. I normally lose the baby weight easier, but not this time.
    Summer2010-2-1.jpgSummer2010-1-1.jpg

This is me One month ago.
    April2Side-1.jpgMar21-1.jpg

I teach Zumba everyday, but really any cardio will work. I burn around 400-500 calories per day. I eat 1600-1900 calories per day. What I think has helped is what I eat. I eat around 100 carbs/day and 150 protein/day.

I do not do crunches, but a lot of my songs include a lot of pumping the hips, which is like doing crunches standing up. I do planks, and ab vacuums. I highly recommend ab vacuums! Those work your core and actually pull in your abs.

Since I am the teacher, I design my class so we are burning fat but also toning up our muscles. So, when we get rid of that fat, we have pretty lean muscle underneath. I do believe in muscle building, it just makes a body look fit and healthy!

I still have stretch marks and loose skin from having six kids, but it does look a lot better.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    wow great job ladies!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    bump
  • thoma74
    thoma74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Bump

Amazing..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!