Replies

• mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    My before pictures are not the best because I did not allow pictures to be taken of me in my bikini.

These are 1 year after 6th baby was born. I normally lose the baby weight easier, but not this time.
    Summer2010-2-1.jpgSummer2010-1-1.jpg

This is me One month ago.
    April2Side-1.jpgMar21-1.jpg

I think you look pretty fabulous!

I teach Zumba everyday, but really any cardio will work. I burn around 400-500 calories per day. I eat 1600-1900 calories per day. What I think has helped is what I eat. I eat around 100 carbs/day and 150 protein/day.

I do not do crunches, but a lot of my songs include a lot of pumping the hips, which is like doing crunches standing up. I do planks, and ab vacuums. I highly recommend ab vacuums! Those work your core and actually pull in your abs.

Since I am the teacher, I design my class so we are burning fat but also toning up our muscles. So, when we get rid of that fat, we have pretty lean muscle underneath. I do believe in muscle building, it just makes a body look fit and healthy!

I still have stretch marks and loose skin from having six kids, but it does look a lot better.

I think you look pretty fabulous!
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Bump!! wow great pics and inspiration!!
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    You guys look great! My pic is what I've lost so far, I've got some more to go though!

Edit: for typing errors. I'm such a ditz sometimes, thank god for proofreading.
  • Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    My before pictures are not the best because I did not allow pictures to be taken of me in my bikini.

These are 1 year after 6th baby was born. I normally lose the baby weight easier, but not this time.

I teach Zumba everyday, but really any cardio will work. I burn around 400-500 calories per day. I eat 1600-1900 calories per day. What I think has helped is what I eat. I eat around 100 carbs/day and 150 protein/day.

I do not do crunches, but a lot of my songs include a lot of pumping the hips, which is like doing crunches standing up. I do planks, and ab vacuums. I highly recommend ab vacuums! Those work your core and actually pull in your abs.

Since I am the teacher, I design my class so we are burning fat but also toning up our muscles. So, when we get rid of that fat, we have pretty lean muscle underneath. I do believe in muscle building, it just makes a body look fit and healthy!

I still have stretch marks and loose skin from having six kids, but it does look a lot better.

WOW you look awesome! Mine is slowly going but not enough for me to put pics up here yet WTG everybody that posted xx
  • allisonmrichard
    allisonmrichard Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Here's what my stomach looked like in October 2011:

2n6f3h0.jpg

And now this month, in April:

30hooqq.jpg

My belly was one of the last areas to lose fat and I still have more that I would like to lose, just took a lot of patience to keep working and eventually chiseling away that stubborn fat! When I got to around 150, that's when I finally started rapidly losing around my waist. That means it took me about 30 pounds before my body was like, "Hmm okay, guess we don't need this fat anymore." and shrunk those fat cells down! So it's true that you can't really target certain areas! All the sit ups I was doing were working the muscles beneath the fat though. It was nice to be able to finally see the definition that was waiting. :)
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Still a lot of work to do. I still feel like my stomach is like cottage cheese lol...

2jdqelt.jpg
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Bump..cant see pics here :cry:
  • allisonmrichard
    allisonmrichard Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Oops, fixed my code so the pics show up now!
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    OP, almost forgot my results...I also did 30 Day Shred and I also run 2-3 days a week. Of course watching your calories and eating clean is almost as important as the exercise if you want results. I'm doing Ripped In 30 now and will probably do 6 Week 6 Pack after this. All of Jillian's DVDs are amazing. You might not think you would get a good workout in 20 minutes but by the time you reach Level 2 in 30 Day Shred you'll realize she's no joke! ;)

30-day-shred-results-02.jpg
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NancyNiles
    NancyNiles Posts: 145 Member
    Options

Holy crap, you look FANTASTIC for having six kids! You look fantastic anyway, but if someone had bet me you had six kids, I'd have taken that bet seven days of the week and lost.
  • JeBitchy23
    Options
    what are you guys doing to get rid of belly fat???? tips would be greatly appreciated. right now i am doing 30ds and no more trouble zones.
  • Christina1007
    Christina1007 Posts: 179 Member
    Options

OMG! You look amazing!!!
  • charming72
    charming72 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Bump for inspiration!!
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. i do want to say that you do not have to spend hours in the gym. I have 6 kids and do not have time to do that. I pack it all into 1 hour. Now, I am the teacher, so I can design my class to work what I want to work! LOL! But, do plan what you need to do at the gym, no talking...just get busy and do it!! :)

And, i do believe that diet helps a lot. You need to find what works for your body. I know that now that I am in my 40s, I had to cut back on the carbs. There are plenty of women that eat 50-50% carbs and lose weight, but my body requires me to drop it down to 30%. Just do what works best for your body!

So, I think that working out gives you a pretty body underneath that fat. and eating properly gets rid of the fat.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. i do want to say that you do not have to spend hours in the gym. I have 6 kids and do not have time to do that. I pack it all into 1 hour. Now, I am the teacher, so I can design my class to work what I want to work! LOL! But, do plan what you need to do at the gym, no talking...just get busy and do it!! :)

And, i do believe that diet helps a lot. You need to find what works for your body. I know that now that I am in my 40s, I had to cut back on the carbs. There are plenty of women that eat 50-50% carbs and lose weight, but my body requires me to drop it down to 30%. Just do what works best for your body!

So, I think that working out gives you a pretty body underneath that fat. and eating properly gets rid of the fat.

This! I've never had a gym membership. I am far from where I want to be, but I do see that my stomach has changed. I'm not trying to build to much muscle yet, but I am trying to tone as I go. I know my stomach is far from a lot of the ladies here, but I do see a lot of change. 2 kids and 2 c-sections...
  • CapsFan17
    CapsFan17 Posts: 198
    Options
    You guys look great! Thanks for the motivation!
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I love the pics in this thread so far. My belly is definitely my biggest problem area, so it's very inspiring to see others who have gotten rid of their bellies!
  • lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!