ladies is he being a jerk or gentleman???

Options

Replies

• Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    It's all in the wording. "I NEED YOU TO" do whatever. Could you goes so much further!
    Someone with sense would say my ex girlfriend will be there. It is a dressy event. Would you like to go? Not I need you to do this, because my ex will be there. Who does that!?! Big turn off. Maybe he talked to his ex that way too.

I wouldn't think it's because he hurt her feelings, I think it's because he is ordering her to do something. Like he is treating her as if she wouldn't have enough common sense to figure it out on her own.
  • Yellowlass
    Options
    Total jerk, its a sure fine way to make a woman feel insecure:huh:
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I don't know how you would confuse that with gentlemanly. That may be the most insulting thing I've ever read on the internet.
    -wtk

deff this

why the bleep would a "man" care about his freakin ex
    that would make me not go ..period

Agree
  • annalee_1
    annalee_1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    lol thats the most beta thing ive ever heard strong insecurity

^^^^this
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Obviously a man is never right, and it would be better for everyone if we'd just shut up and go fishing.

Smart man!
  • annalee_1
    annalee_1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I always bring my "A" game so no worries here! :)
  • branflake6
    branflake6 Posts: 115
    Options
    I would show up with my hair a ratted mess, bright green eye shadow, hot pink lipstick with some on my teeth, a moo moo and slippers.
    Then I'd have to call it a wrap on that relationship sounds like if he is so concerned with making her jelous he must still have feelings for her...
  • branflake6
    branflake6 Posts: 115
    Options
    I would show up with my hair a ratted mess, bright green eye shadow, hot pink lipstick with some on my teeth, a moo moo and slippers.
    Then I'd have to call it a wrap on that relationship sounds like if he is so concerned with making her jelous he must still have feelings for her...
  • anima_gemella
    anima_gemella Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Not cool. Why? Because I don't have the need to be compared to ANY other woman. Especially not an ex.

THIS
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    It COULD be that he is concerned that his ex is a b*** and will try to make you feel insecure. Best bet? ASK HIM WHY. Not the internet. The only way you'll know is by talking to your partner.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Obviously a man is never right, and it would be better for everyone if we'd just shut up and go fishing.

hahaha THIS :)

but also - I vote JERK. although I realize that if you'd found out his ex was going from another/more passive source, you might have this thought yourself (because we womenfolk are just silly and vindictive) - but it is NOT appropriate for him to say that!
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    Hmmm.... I'd go with him - get really drunk, cause a scene and loudly announce that he's crap in bed....
  • Nightingale77
    Nightingale77 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    total jerk.....lose him
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I read all twelve pages of this thread and now my head is filled with the sound of clucking chickens. All this empathy and support from you sympathetic hoes is just bad advice.

Please explain to me how these "hoes" are giving bad advice when he asked for a "ladies" point of view? No one asked for your outdated, male chauvinist viewpoint.
    Look, until the ring goes on, you're in a competition for his attention. Even after the ring goes on... you're probably still in a competition (plenty of proof of that in these threads, amirite?). Assuming that he's only got eyes for you is going to lead to disappointment unless he's Prince F'in Charming... and he clearly isn't PFC 'cause he's lacking in tact.

Always act as if that his ex-girlfriend is a predatory down-*kitten* chick with a rockin' bod that plays Xbox like a boss and cooks perfect bacon and has no gag reflex so that you ALWAYS BRING YOUR "A" GAME instead of rolling to the black-tie function looking like a frumpy hag. Or don't - because if you don't care, don't put in the effort. If he matters to you, you'll work to keep him. If he doesn't, you go to the party, guzzle booze, and then smash faces with his bros. Either way you win.

She is in competition for his attention? PLEASE! While men have to roll out all kinds of game, buy fancy dinners, etc just to get a woman, most women barely have to lift a finger to get a man. If you really think a woman is so lucky to have you because she is so effin desperate and has to continuously impress you, you need to open your eyes. Men are a dime a dozen and it's really not that difficult to get one, so maybe he should be impressing HER!

Dude, relationships should be 50/50 - and as a matter of fact I am awesome so yes, a girl would be lucky to have me, and just like I want her to try and impress me all the time, I want to impress her all the time.

See how that works?

I am very secure in my marriage. Been with him for 24 years and 6 kids. He is a hot university professor. He is around 18-22 year old girls every single day. I hear how his female enrollment is always high. I hear how all the girls love taking his class and he is such a hottie. So, do not think that we are not in competition with other women! Other women WANT your man or they want your man to WANT them!

So besides just wanting to be healthy, you better believe that I am motivated to keep myself looking my best for my man. I want these college girls to see me and think they do not stand a chance with my man because his wife looks so good. Again, my husband would never leave me....we love each other too much and we are best friends. BUT, I know how other women think and I know that other women are in "competition" with me, even if I do not know it!!

Most of the time I am in workout clothes with my hair in a braid. But, I had to go to my husband's campus last week...he did not even have to tell me to look hot...I just did it (not slutty, but a classy sexy)! I wanted to make sure that these young chickies knew that he has good stuff at home and their services are not needed nor wanted. :wink:

I think the OP's girlfriend should appreciate the heads up on the ex being there.
  • feistyhorsegal
    feistyhorsegal Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    haven't read the rest of the posts, but I say JERK!! Time to slap him!!
  • silkandsugar
    Options
    What a douche!
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    agreed :mad:
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options

Agreed!
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I would never say this to my girlfriend. I am proud to have her on my arm whether she is in sweatpants and and t-shirt or a slinky black dress. When you love someone you don't care what other people think and you should ALWAYS be proud that she is yours.
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Maybe the intention wasnt mean..but the way it was said was Horrible!

I totally agree