April 2012 challenge for Late Night Snackers

Options

Replies

• LKinnos
    LKinnos Posts: 9
    Options
    I failed the last two nights... Tonight Im staying strong. I really need support in this area too!
  • Pattinan
    Pattinan Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I need to head upstairs and get ready for bed early...if I come back down those stairs...its all over :)
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,984 Member
    Options
    Me: 16
    LNS: 2
  • ajs2mf
    ajs2mf Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Me: 15
    LNS:2
  • PSGPolly
    PSGPolly Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Me:8
    LNS:3

and it was tough tonight but my weekly weigh in tomorrow so sticking to water :)
  • runningag
    runningag Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just started MFP...I"m in though! I have needed this group for some time! The challenge is on!:happy:
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Just starting to record:

Me: 1
    LNS: 1 (munched on some peanuts at a baseball game, it was difficult to resist)

Thanks goodness I usually go to bed early on weeknights, I try to get to sleep before some cravings and stomach rumbling kicks in! I've decided getting to bed earlier is my new way to combat LNS...all I need to do is get myself to the bathroom to brush my teeth without stopping in the kitchen on the way...I can do this!
  • dsrszs
    dsrszs Posts: 14
    Options
    I am in if you are forming a support group.

One thing that I have found which has helped me: 1-2 tablespoons of pistachios just before settling down for the night. The boost of protein seems to keep me from waking up hungry and even seems to help me sleep through the night without waking up.
    I think I saw that trick on one of the "self-help" television shows. Good luck.

d
  • marnie4ever
    marnie4ever Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    DNS--0
    ME---2
    :flowerforyou:
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Me: 12
    LNS: 6
  • runningag
    runningag Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Successful last night! YAY!! I just sipped on black coffee (splenda addeded only) and that helped. I have also found it helpful to read a magazine or just go for a walk after dinner. I kept wanting to just keep eating after dinner, so any interuption in that "routine" has been helpful.
  • clare_smiles
    clare_smiles Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Although I'm late joining, I need some accountability! Looking for friends too - if you want to add me. Thanks! I'll be on plan during the day and then at night I ruin it! I think it has something to do with me thinking I need a "reward" for making it through the workday. sad. I know!
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Me: 2
    LNS: 1

Can we also form a group for "Pre-Dinner Snacking"? I swear, as soon as I get in the kitchen to start cooking dinner, I start snacking on crackers, chips, cereal, and cookies. By the time dinner is ready, I'm full! Last night, I accidentally ate my dessert (graham crackers with home-made Nutella) before dinner. I think that's why I didn't have any LNS issues last night... :ohwell:
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Me:4
    LNS - 1

Tonight we'll call it a draw as I have had something but I plan to on Fris!! :laugh:
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm starting late. Tonight is my first. This will be a challenge for me.

Me: 0

Yeah, not doing so well. This is hard for me!:sad:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,984 Member
    Options
    Just take it one-day-at-a-time....small measurable chunks of time to focus on (don't worry about the WHOLE MONTH!)

Me: 17
  • LKinnos
    LKinnos Posts: 9
    Options
    Me: 2
    LNS: 0
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I'm going to get flammed for this I'm sure, but...

If you enjoy late night snacking, why not save calories for the evening? I eat a lot at night... Typically 1000 -1200 cals between 8:30 pm and 9:45 pm, then off to bed.

6:30am - 8:30am 450 cals
    11:30am - 1:30pm 750 cals
    6:30pm - 7:30 pm 750 cals
    8:30pm - 9:45pm 1050 cals

This is my typical routine right now. Granted I am eating a lot more than most, but even when I was on 1200 cals for 7 months straight I always saved 500 cals for after dinner eating. IF you enjoy it, why deny yourself?

I'm not trying start anything, I'm really just curious why fight it if you like it? Just plan for it :)

-M

Good luck!
  • natis95
    natis95 Posts: 2
    Options
    I´m in :D probably late night eating is my the first habit i want to change
    Me : 1
  • MLL0319
    MLL0319 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    bump