Ladies! Does it bother you? Guys! Do you care??

Options

Replies

• TheAnie
    TheAnie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    The only ones that bother me are the ones on my thighs. My husband couldn't give a lick about them. He thinks I'm gorgeous.

Any man that cares more about what's on your body than what's in your head isn't worth it.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks wouldn't bother be nearly as much as the actual children.
  • sissypunks
    Options
    mine drive me crazy i have them on my belly from my 4 kids and because i got so big with my twins (it was ALL baby lost 32 pounds while preg with them) my belly button was lowered about 3 inches so it looks horrible plus i have them on my breasts from the 6th grade they grew so fast will wear a one piece only when have no choice with a t-shirt! They don't seem to bother my hubby he never says anything about them and nobody else but my docs have seen them and NEVER will!! I would do it again for my girls tho cause even tho they drive me batty i love them and life would be boring without them! :) 11x2,4 and 2 r a lot of fun at once!! I never really notice or look to see if someone else has them or care because truth be told i look like i was mauled by a pack of tigers they r really thick some are 1.5 wide and 3.5 long ! might try the mederma for my oldest twin tho she is getting them on her sides so thanks for the info!
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options

Ha!
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I have lots...on my lower back, boobs, thighs...and I don't have children nor have I ever gained/lost a large amount of weight, they're just there, i've had them for as long as I can remember! Must be from growing. Combined with this I have a very large scar surgical that goes a little more than half way across my stomach a few inches up from my belly button. I went through a period where I was insecure about all of it, but only because someone pointed them out to me. They don't really bother me at all now though I do wish they'd tan, they seem to always stay much lighter.

My bf also has stretch marks and I don't think anything of them, they're just part of who he is. The only time I ever remember really noticing them on someone is after my friend had her baby, during her pregnancy she went from being 95lbs to almost 190 (no joke) and she had them EVERYWHERE...deep purple, and my thought was not that they looked gross but that they actually looked painful!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I call mine my beauty marks...since my son is a true blessing for us. Mine do not bother me and if I was fit enough to wear a bikini I surely would. They are who I am and represent I am a mom & proud of it !!!

I'm a mother of 3 boys, so I definitely have my share of stretch marks. The stretch marks don't really bother me. Hell, my husband has stretch marks when he was at his heaviest. What bothers me sometimes is my ugly emergency c-section scar but it reminds me of what I've gone through to have my children.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options

hahahahah awesome
  • ChristaFall
    ChristaFall Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have light stretch marks on my stomach from having two kids. They don't bother my boyfriend at all (he says you can barely tell), in fact, he WANTS me in a bikini every summer! On the other hand, I am pretty self concious (in general) and wish they weren't there..so every time I put that bikini on I'm thinking "omg..i hope no one can see my stretch marks"..I have to admit, when I see a smoking hot girl with stretch marks it makes me feel a whole lot better that I'm not the only one :-)
  • angemarie23
    Options
    Don't notice them at all. My wife has them, but they just remind me that she gave me two beautiful girls that I love more than anything in the world. :)

This is exactly what my husband would say about my stretch marks. :-) I notice them, but I don't dwell on it. My hubby has a scar on his stomach as well, from a car accident. Whenever I see it...I smile...because I know it represents the day God saved his life so He could bring him to me. :-) If you have yours from losing weight your stretch marks are a symbol of your hard work and dedication. If you're a single mommy concerned that someone is going to judge you because of your stretch marks, don't. He's not the one. :-) Anyone worth your time won't see them as stretch marks but as a sign of strength, courage, and dedication.
  • 2bfit4fun
    2bfit4fun Posts: 12
    Options
    Have them and don't care, I wear a bikini, and have had family and friends comment on them. I figure its better to put it out there and not worry about it, than to try and hide it and feel shamed and emabarrassed over something completely out of my control. It is all about self image! Be proud of what your body provides for you, take care of it, and LOVE it unconditionally!!! Show them with pride ladies and gents!!
  • mommeex6
    mommeex6 Posts: 17
    Options
    "Your body is not ruined, your a tiger who's earned her stripes!" <<<<< I LOVE THIS!
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    407660_10151236114515294_693875293_23038197_1564483286_n.jpg

You got that right!!!
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks on my butt and thighs from when I was chunky as a kid and lost a good deal of weight and they do bother me. They're not that noticeable but I notice them (although I will admit that I felt better about them when I was on vacation and saw a woman who was in good shape that had them in the same spot).

As for stretch marks on other women it depends on how bad they are. Sometimes I'll see the ones that are deep purple and think HOLY *kitten*!
    lol I have the deep purple ones... After having sox kids in just over fove years my tummy is beat up ( I had twins too). At first they bugged me but im pretty over it. Yhey sre my tbattle wounds from me creating life! I dont wesr bikinis though.... But thats juat because of my religious and personal beliefs :-)
  • SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    Options

Love this!!!
  • R2dragonVSG
    Options
    Being a guy, that I thinks like most guys ladies you have nothing to worry about your bodies are a temple at which we worship, having said that sorry ladies I already have my temple picked out and she is smoking hot.... Marks ,no marks , loose skin or not.
    I love her completely as she is the entire package.
  • LisaCFSF
    LisaCFSF Posts: 258 Member
    Options

OMG I LOVE this!!!

Love this too! I don't like my stretch marks (as a result of minimal damage with 1st son: 7# 13oz) but max damage with 2nd son at 8# 14.5 oz... Not so much the marks as losing the tautness of skin which won't improve regardless of my weight. I am not a fan of plastic surgery, but WHEN I lose 25-30 more pounds; it may be a consideration! I'm very confident with my body, with the exception of being insecure about this. I still wear a bikini though, luckily most eyes are hopefully focused upward! :wink:
  • amysuespears
    Options

BUMP!!!
  • mommamisty823
    Options
    I don't have any bikini pictures on this computer, but I don't care one way or the other about stretch marks. I EARNED those stripes, and I have a daughter that I love very much as a result of those stripes.
  • NSQuintana
    NSQuintana Posts: 207
    Options
    Before my pregnancy, I had the best set of abs of most of the women I knew. I was always showing off my beautiful tummy w/ my cute little belly rings. Any chance I got, I was showing off my tummy and had been in binkinis every summer since I was 7. Prior to my pregnancy, I would always notice everyone's stretch marks at the pool and etc. Relatively speaking, my stomach still looks pretty good postpartum. According to my closest friends, you can't even see my stretch marks. I think it's more of a psychological thing for me than anything else. I wish I had the courage to wear a two piece again, but I just can't bring myself to do it.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    My son called my son my "tiger stripes" with great admiration when he was little, which made me feel much better about them. He's now doing the same for his lovely wife. =)