What's the Craziest Diet Myth You've Heard?

Options

Replies

• sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    My grandmother believed that eating a teaspoon of Dawn or Palmolive dish soap every day would dissolve fat in her body. She swore she read about it in Reader's Digest. She ate a lot of soap...

Bwaahahahaha!!!! Now thats FUNNY!
  • caritiger
    caritiger Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My grandmother believed that eating a teaspoon of Dawn or Palmolive dish soap every day would dissolve fat in her body. She swore she read about it in Reader's Digest. She ate a lot of soap...

Wow, her colon must have been spotless! LOL So, if the dish soap dissolves the grease on the dishes, it must do the same in the body! Wow. Just, wow. :laugh:
  • reztib
    reztib Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    The Atkins diet. Yes you might lose weight but it appears to have long term health effects.
  • reztib
    reztib Posts: 151 Member
    Options

Dawn: It does take grease, out of your way. Maybe fat too. :)
  • caritiger
    Options
    I read recently in an essential oils book that rubbing this and that and the other thing on the insides of your ankles will help melt fat.

Right.

That is just too weird! LOL
  • caritiger
    Options
    Very true! :)

15405351.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I read recently in an essential oils book that rubbing this and that and the other thing on the insides of your ankles will help melt fat.

Right.

I'm not that flexible =/
  • caritiger
    Options
    My coworker drink some kind of green tea in the evening that she was told "gets rid of all the bad things you've eaten that day while letting you keep the good things." So she thinks that she can eat fruit and it will stay with her, but if she eats cookies and drinks the tea, she will crap out the cookies real quick while the fruit lingers. It's hilarious to hear her talk about it and how she believes it.

I swear, people really believe what they want to believe! That is crazy!

15405351.png
  • caritiger
    Options
    Ha. Tell them to put some lemon juice in their whole milk to make it 2%. :)

LOL!

15405351.png
  • emstaley4
    emstaley4 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I had a friend tell me that if you drank vinegar daily that it helped your body burn fat faster. Soooooo....she was drinking like 1/2 a bottle a day and ended up in the ER with kidney issues. Turns out you were only supposed to add a tablespoon a day to your drink. Needless to say, she lost weight but not the way she wanted to.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    drinking ice cold water after eating milk chocolate makes your body metabolise it too fast to store it.
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Rubbing cayenne pepper and olive oil into your skin, wrapping it tightly with saran wrap and sleeping with it on over night. It *burns* the cellulite away!
  • aldaerr
    aldaerr Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The apple diet. You basically eat two apples a day and nothing else. Apparently Beyonce used it? Ridiculous.
  • caritiger
    Options
    The grapefruit diet. That was rediculous.

One of cousins did something like that. He was told that if he drank a full glass of grapefruit juice before every meal it would somehow metabolize the calories. The only thing I can see that might work is that with a full glass of juice, you've got less room for other bad stuff. LOL

15405351.png
  • Pavince
    Pavince Posts: 1
    Options
    I agree!
  • maryduggins
    maryduggins Posts: 219 Member
    Options

for real?!?! EUUUUUW
  • katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    The wedding diet where you get a tube shoved in your nose down into your tummy to be tube fed. REALLY!!!! People amaze me

I read about that! Worst. diet. ever.
  • Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options

...wow.
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    The grapefruit diet. That was rediculous.
    That diet actually does work exactly how it is supposed to, unless of course you expect the weight to stay off. lol. It was huge around here a couple years ago, everybody and their aunt's cousin's dog was on it.
  • SkinnieFinnie
    SkinnieFinnie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    The HCG diet sounds pretty crazy to me...