Ladies! Does it bother you? Guys! Do you care??

Options

Replies

• sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    If I am in a position where I can closely see stretch marks then believe me it is the last possible thing on my mind. :wink:

Good point. Hadnt thought of it that way. Bet most husbands would say the same thing.
  • jzrharv
    jzrharv Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You'd be amazed what the proper (low) lighting can do...
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Awwww I love all the men responses. To all the men who don't care you guys are sweethearts!!!

BTW I have lots on my tummy (my sons are 20 and 17) and my hubby not once has ever mentioned them. I think women are more self concious about it and men dont give a crap.
  • LALOCHA34
    LALOCHA34 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I have them from my pregnancies and they use to make me crazy! :embarassed:

Over the years I have learned to love them (okay well maybe not love them but accept them) and I save the worry for other things. Like, did I pay the electric bill and when is my lawn guy coming, I can't see the dog. LOL I have a very good feeling when I get to my goal weight I will rock a two piece. They are always so much cuter and I agree the others do not support the ladies properly.

I do notice them on other woman and I think to myself "That's a badass chick right there". We should all be so brave and confident.

Also: I have never had any complaints, ever. If you feel good about yourself you'll look good to everyone else. Great topic!
  • everytree
    everytree Posts: 127
    Options
    I hate mine with the intensity of a thousand suns. Seriously.

But I can honestly say that I don't think I've ever noticed them on anyone else.

I can rock a bikini but I am self-conscious about those stripes.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    yes my stretch marks bother me. my skin cant tighten up and my belly looks saggy no matter what i do. i plan on getting a tummy tuck once im down to my idea goal weight. then gettin a big fn tattoo to cover up my scar. i think if ur whole body looks good in a bikini, then go for it- strtch marks n all. bikins, in public swim areas, are for tight bellies. i think. i honestly would be grossed out to see major chunk saggy skin belly (like mine) in a bikini. not even so much grossed out, but i would pitty the wearer. but i guess if it doesnt bother the person wearing it, then go for it. frig, i guess i dont really know, lol.
  • LALOCHA34
    LALOCHA34 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Aren't those 2 precious babies worth every mark?!? v v Just sayin. :heart:
  • bonnynblithe04
    bonnynblithe04 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    No pregnancies/babies, but lots of stretch marks and a long vertical scar from an emergency surgery. People I've been involved with since say they don't care, but the whole package still bothers me.
  • FormerTurboKicker
    Options
    I actually didn't notice on ur pic at all.I only noticed a hott freakin bod. I really pay attention 2 people's eyes....if I even look at em.I don't pay attention 2 people really,BUT when I have someone face 2 face,it's da eyes.If a woman has a bad attitude or acts snobby,I notice things like her bein fatt or ugly,etc. With guys,I just c a guy.Usually guys don't play them *kitten* games,so I c however they appear.Just my opinion.....tho I'm usually right.Hee hee.
  • Julz2586
    Julz2586 Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    407660_10151236114515294_693875293_23038197_1564483286_n.jpg

LOVE THIS!!
  • somanyfuckinganchors
    Options
    I was dating a not so intelligent guy, and when he saw them he was like "OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT WHAT HAPPENED THAT'S SO GROSS!"

They never bothered to me that much until that day. I looked in the mirror with self-hate and cried for 2 hours the way I did at my HW, then I realised that I didn't actually give a damn because I'm beautiful and got over it.
  • CharSchultz
    Options

Ha HA!!! LOVE THIS! Thats what Id call them. : )
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    It's not attractive to me...but who cares? I also have some stretch marks but not on my abs.
  • irishrose22
    irishrose22 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    i hate my stretch marks. I'm pale and don't tan so mine are a pinkish color. i could say that i accept them and they are my stripes from having 4 amazing children, but I still wish I couldve had them without the stripes, thanks.
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    i hate mine after 4 kids my stomach looks like a 3d road map strangely my husband says its because the kids pinched my beautiful skin (was always smooth and soft like a peach) so they could be like me lol hes never been bothered by them even though im very self conscious of them that said if i was toned enough to wear a bikini i would simply because i could
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Great thread! Hope reading all these responses will give some women a lot more confidence.

As the mother of good size twins my tummys got it's fair share of 'tiger stripes'. They don't bother me a much as when I was younger but don't think that's because they've faded just that I've got a lot more comfortable with me.

Always joke with the kids about it. "You did scar me for life, the least you can do is make me a hot chocolate" :laugh:
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love this!!
  • justbecause2014
    justbecause2014 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids...but I do have stretch marks! My thighs, my hips and my boobs! Oy! I've had them since I was probably 12! But i'm slowly learning to accept it, most women have stretch marks!
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    All the weight I gained came from having my kids, so I have stretch marks on more than just my stomach, but I consider them my badge of honor. Some of them are darker than others, but I notice they are starting to fade as I'm losing some weight. I'm also very fair skinned, so they seem more obvious on me than on some other people. I don't go showing mine off, but if you've got the body to rock it, go for it.