Ladies! Does it bother you? Guys! Do you care??

Options
167891012»

Replies

• Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    KINRAD WELL SAID & U ROCK :)
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    Definitely not a deal breaker for me. Personality and a sex drive would trump something as petty (to me) AS STRETCH MARKS.
  • Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Don't notice them at all. My wife has them, but they just remind me that she gave me two beautiful girls that I love more than anything in the world. :)

^This! Love it! :)
  • SweetNaughtyLips
    SweetNaughtyLips Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    407660_10151236114515294_693875293_23038197_1564483286_n.jpg

^^^ Totally This ^^^

If the man you are with, does not appreciate your sexy body, then you are not with the right man!
    I refuse to be ashamed of my stretch marks!

9821387.png
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Somehow I had 3 kids, gained 45-50lbs each pregnancy and never got one stretch mark!:smile: I rubbed cocoa butter on my tummy every single day and not sure if it's that or stretchy skin. But they shouldn't matter if you do have them! A sign that you're a mom and that's a great thing!
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    407660_10151236114515294_693875293_23038197_1564483286_n.jpg

That's awesome. My wife used to be all iffy about em. I really never cared. I did see them as battle scars. She doesn't give too much thought about em anymore. Good for her and all of you ladies who flash em proudly.
  • Lasirenn
    Lasirenn Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Mine don't really bother me. I've been overweight my whole life and have had stretch marks on my upper arms since age 10. Over the years, they've faded and are barely noticeable. They're really close in color to the rest of my skin. Some days, I am slightly irritated that I have them at my age, and with no kids, but honestly a lot of people get stretch marks for different reasons. Some people get them from growth spurts. Others get them from muscle growth due to lifting weights. I will be honest though, if they were on places like my stomach or breasts, I'd probably be sad, but on the inside of my arms? Who cares...

I don't think any mother should ever feel the need to feel bad about her stretch marks. That's normal and you shouldn't let anyone make you feel bad about them, especially if that person hasn't been or can't even get pregnant themselves.
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    My pregnancy stretch marks used to bother me, but they don't really any more. There's nothing I can do about them, so there's not really any point in being upset. They are a result of my beautiful babies and I would do it all over again for them!
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I have them.. alot of them on my stomach.... 9 lb 11 oz baby via c-section, gained like 45 pounds..... I am aware of them and dont' like them.. but still wear my 2 piece......
  • Marianne1018
    Marianne1018 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks from 2 pregnancies and I don't care. They are badges of honor and courage - I mean, I grew humans inside of me, right? I had my first child at 18, so I never even had a chance to be a sexy twenty-something without stretch marks. Now in my mid-thirties, I kind of like to let them show when I wear a bikini... I just tell myself "Yup, I have stretch marks from pregnancies and I still look good!" ;-)
  • avafrisbee
    avafrisbee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my stretch marks. I had a tough time getting pregnant and to me they represent all the emotion, the crying over negative tests, the endless ultrasounds, blood draws, fertility meds etc. that all resulted in my handsome baby boy. They remind me to be thankful I got pregnant to have my little one. There are couples out there that even though they may have children one way or another will never have a stretch mark and would simply die to say "these are from my pregnancy". When they aren't on so much jiggly flab and fat I will rock my bikini with stretch marks on display because they resulted from the most rewarding experience of my life. If someone thinks it's gross or ugly I won't care because my baby boy loves me and my husband thinks I'm sexy no matter what.
  • toabetterlifestyle
    Options
    I'm going to be 19 in a few days and I have them. I do not have any children. I got them from going through puberty, and gaining muscle mass/rapidly gaining/losing weight. I have them on my sides, inner thighs, top of outer thighs, and very slightly on my boobs. hoping to get a tan so they fade away. mine are still the purple color, not the silver/white. I am very very self conscious about them, and I do not wear shorts or bikinis because of this.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    This guy doesn't care.
  • M2DandA
    M2DandA Posts: 12
    Options
    I got some from my twin pg. They have faded a lot which is great. The weight loss has helped too.

I've never been comfortable wearing a bikini, so that's not an issue. My man doesn't mind my 'pregnancy stripes'.
  • lina_gosey
    Options
    I'm 21 and at about 165 lbs. Not quite were I want to be. I have a 1 yr old and a college student in clinicals. I'm going on vacation next week and not sure if I wanna were a 2 piece and yes I have stretch marks on my thighs. Stomach and really dark on my sides. It has taken me a year to accept them but I'm not sure if I'm ready to flaunt them in public!!
  • Barbiegirl10
    Options
    I dont have any
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    There is a woman on one of the TurboFire DVD's that has had triplets. One day while doing a workout for some reason I noticed her stretch marks but I'd been doing the DVD for quite a while before I caught them. She's just so beautiful and fit that it's about the last thing you'd notice and that was after watching her a bazillion times.

I have them but they're not what keep me out of a bikini. ;) I'm still working on weight loss so I don't feel confident but I can tell you that my husband has said he doesn't even notice them. And he told me that I shouldn't be bothered by them because they came from growing his four children and carrying them around for months; nothing could be more beautiful than that. He's a keeper.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    No, I don't think women should feel bad about them. The opinion of any guy that would hold it against you is worthless anyway.
    My wife has them, and I can say it isn't a turn off by any means.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks all over my legs... I have a few on my tummy under my belly button and some on my hips but you can barely see them. Just mostly on my legs. I don't really care that much. It's not like they make me look ugly or anything. Life isn't about being perfect all the time.
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I haven't really noticed them on anyone else. As for my own, If there were something guaranteed to make them disappear, I probably wouldn't even spend the time or money. I think about them once in a while (if I happen to be sleeveless or something), but otherwise, when I look in the mirror, they're the last thing on my fairly short list of visible physical flaws, and they're usually not exposed anyway.