Do you log your cheat days?!

Options

Replies

• abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    First of all, I don't believe in cheat days. Those will only set you back. Second, yes, log in everything. Don't try to fool yourself into thinking that you're losing weight. You might not be recording those calories, but your body definitely is.

ignore the haters. if 88 pounds is the goal youve set for yourself than let it be. people get a little too concerned about eachother here on mfp. your goal weight of 88 pounds will have absolutely no effect on their lives so no need to waste your time getting upset over their opinions : )
    just be happy. thats all that matters hun ; )

Yes, heaven forbid people show concern about another human being. How dare we. Haters we are, indeed.

/sarcasm

She was upset about it this afternoon - I was just trying to be nice! But telling her what she already knows isn't going to do anything. I think everybody already knows that so I don't know why they keep telling her that it is unhealthy. I thought maybe some kind words would cheer her up.
    I apologize.
    /sarcasm

Telling her to shoot for a goal that is extremely unhealthy is NOT being nice. It's enabling. I'm sorry she was upset and yes some people said some incredibly rude things that they shouldn't have said. But the answer is not to just pat her on the head and encourage unhealthy habits. You want to be nice? Listen to her, be a friend, encourage her to get help...but don't encourage her to destroy herself.

I understand and I am hun. When I tell her to be happy, she knows happiness does not go hand in hand with disordered eating. I firmly believe anybody has the right to do whatever they want with their body so I'm not going to tell her what to do or what she's doing wrong, but I do want her to be happy. If it gives you any hope concerning her health, she posted about having to eat today and hwo she was going to get rid of Ana. I give her props. She's recovering much better than I am.

:drinker: <~ There's no "happy dance" smiley so that's the best I've got. I know how damaging poor self-esteem can be, and it breaks my heart to see someone set such unrealistic goals for herself. I hope she works things out and, more than that, I hope one day she looks in the mirror and sees herself as a beautiful, unique child of God.
  • rainydaze613
    rainydaze613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Yep, I force myself to log them despite the glaring red numbers staring back at me. For me, it's more effective if I do that, because in a way it's like I'm accepting it. Sometimes I have to put my diary on "private" for a few days to clear out any binge embarrassment though. lol. But I'm recording it for me to see, and that's ultimately what matters.
  • Gergal73
    Gergal73 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat on a daily basis. I have to as I'm a Type 1 Diabetic and am required to figure insulin intake based upon carbohydrate consumption. If I don't log everything, it messes up my system. It's too difficult to add the carbohydrates in my head and remember. Much more simple to log it and look at the totals. It helps having doctors who require me to send my records to them twice a week. Regardless, I would still log everything I eat even if I didn't have to. :smile:
  • Tani_LT
    Tani_LT Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    First of all, I don't believe in cheat days. Those will only set you back. Second, yes, log in everything. Don't try to fool yourself into thinking that you're losing weight. You might not be recording those calories, but your body definitely is.

Girlfriend, you might want to have some cheat days yourself. I am sorry, but a weight loss goal to be 88 lbs. is ridiculous.

I agree! 88lbs! It is ridiculous! Acceptable for you is not the same as healthy. You might need to get checked out or something.
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options

Well we sure wouldn't want to irritate you! :tongue:

I end up getting purple, I rip my shirt and ........ I run into a corner and get all emo. :tongue:
  • T_Hughes
    T_Hughes Posts: 1
    Options
    Yes, the idea is to keep track of what you are eating, and working out.

I personally, believe that everyone knows what works best for them, so some may not have"cheat days" at all and others may be having small amounts of foods they love, and maintaining the exercise routine to keep up weight loss.

Besides, you may be surprised at the number of calories you actually consume on a cheat day, it may be alot less than what you thought.
  • Clarisse0304
    Clarisse0304 Posts: 77 Member
    Options

Girlfriend, you might want to have some cheat days yourself. I am sorry, but a weight loss goal to be 88 lbs. is ridiculous.

LOL! Yeah to be honest, I'm a little concerned too about the 88 lb goal you set for yourself.

Totally agreed, hopefully there's smarter people out there not to follow your example, cause whatever you are doing its definetly not healthy.! you need other type of help and not the type of losing weight help.
  • AimeeLynn90
    Options
    I log everything, so I know where I stand. A good example was tonight. I thought I was going to go over like crazy, but, after I logged everything, I actually had alot left, even for a dessert! I like logging everything so I can keep track of my weekly net goal.
  • dynamojones
    Options
    I do and it makes me mad to see how bad the food was I ate compared to other days. Really motivates me to get back on the bus.
  • textlikekisses
    Options
    I log everything - because believe it or not on my cheat days (or spike days), I don't go over by much - plus I like to see everything since i'm trying to lose. it's not a guilt thing for me - it's just keeping up my routine.
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I started January 31st 2012 so haven't been here long but I have been on here every day and I have logged every day. I haven't really considered any day a cheat day so far. I guess that would be considered a binge day and I haven't binged yet. I have gone ove but just by 100 or 200 cals I hardly count that as binging or cheat really.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I do! Having adult beverrages today...err well had a few already :laugh: :drinker: so yea this will end up being a splurge day.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I log EVERYTHING that passed thru my lips.
  • pantsdailyon
    pantsdailyon Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I log cheat days, but my cheating is usually on carbs rather than calories. I still stay below my recommended calories, so as far as MFP is concerned I'm still under my goal.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I don't have cheat days!! :bigsmile:
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this since January 1st and I've yet to actually have a full blown cheat day. Instead I've done cheat meals where I eat Burger King or something (and even then it's the grilled chicken sandwich with no mayo) just so I can tell myself that I'm still eating fast food. And then on those days I still wind up going to the gym so I can tell myself that I've earned to eat at the same place as my family for lunch. But regardless of what I eat, cheat meal/day or not, I log it. I'm hoping to not struggle with this though when we go home in a month and eat all this food that hasn't been available to us for the past 3 years.
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    what cheat days?

I plan for extra calories in a special meal with a combination of saving up for a few days, more exercise, and eating lightly the rest of the day. That way nothing is off-limits, so I don't feel deprived like I need to cheat.
  • CynGoddess
    CynGoddess Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Yes I do, I think it helps to see in black and white what you have done to hold yourself accountable and decide if it was worth it.
  • PrettyLydie
    PrettyLydie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I log everything, until I get too drunk and lose track...lol
  • dawn1209
    dawn1209 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I always log in, even if it's only breakfast, but sometimes on a "cheat day" I will log in EVERYTHING just to show myself that if I ate like this everyday what I would weigh. It helps to keep me motivated to be good on my normal days.