Non - Scale Victories (NSV) - care to share?

Options

Replies

• princessquitealot
    princessquitealot Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    When I first started exercising, I was wearing my husbands XL t-shirts. Yesterday I bought the prettiest exertank...this is both a victory and a small inspiration for me to keep going. Today for the first time my pants didn't roll down around my waist. I'm by no means done, in fact I'm just getting started. I've dropped at least two solid pants sizes, and I can now buy shirts in medium and large instead of large and xl. I've noticed small changes in how I used to look compared to now. Thinner through my entire body. Each victory keeps me going.
  • taryn_09
    taryn_09 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    1) running a mile in 5.30
    2) running my 4 miles in 23.40 min.
    3) going to the mall today && not saying i look horrible in the clothes i tried on. && finding out my pants still are the same size!
    4) realizing that i look way better then i did before now that im at a higher weight <3
  • shellsie_j
    shellsie_j Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    NSV. Walking around in my pj's the trousers were dragging and getting caught in my feet. What's going on....then it dawned on me. The fabric didn't have so far to travel around my big butt and tum and therefore the trousers were "longer" Very cool to realise the reason!!
  • snewsome7
    snewsome7 Posts: 189
    Options
    I don't get winded going up the stairs anymore!
  • Salasel
    Salasel Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    If you ask me body shape trumps the scale every time seeing more of my jaw line and my love handles get smaller to me is 10 times the motivation compared to the 8 pounds I have lost.
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    bump :flowerforyou:
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    NSV - water challenge - 7 days with increased water -

(goal is to drink 6 or more glasses - I currently average 3 - 4)

success day 1/7...... AND... day 2/7!!

:drinker:
  • sheschemes
    Options
    I can now hit 100% of my daily iron intake through food! It doesn't happen every day, but it doesn't feel like a struggle anymore.
  • holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    F the first time in my life I can enter my 'stats' into a calculator and not be OBESE!!!!!
  • b0t23
    b0t23 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Today I ran a whole 5k, little over actually, without stopping or walking

first for me in my whole life and it felt great
  • nyla23608
    nyla23608 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Kinda embarrassing, but I luv it lol. Increased cardio and stamina to the point by boyfriend is having trouble keeping up w/ me:devil:
  • brandiemhgc
    Options
    I beat my daughter at five songs on Just Dance 2! Yup, She is 15. Boo Ya! Can I get a WOOT WOOT! AND WOOT WOOTs for you all too! I love this. :flowerforyou:
  • skb12573
    skb12573 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I can easily stay within my calories 5 out of 7 days, I am still struggling on the weekends but I think that where I am at is pretty great! I have cut my calories by at least half, stopped the weight gain and have been steadily losing since the beginning of February! 40 plus down... well, a lot more to go but I know I can!!!
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Today I actually jogged on the treadmill..not for long,but I did it. Also 113 days of no fast food or alcohol...a biggy. and as an added bonus,I had a function to go to and I found lots of clothes in my closet that fit!!!!!! [but no shoes to match :{ ]
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    WOW, Lots of great things happening for folks!!!! Congratulations all..ENJOY!
  • rhichi
    rhichi Posts: 133
    Options
    Feeling my muscles below my tummy fat.
    Running more than I have ever been able to.
    Fitting into clothes I haven't worn in years.
    Not having fat rolls when I sit down.
    Gaining better intuition about what is and isn't nutritious.
    Sweating and liking it.
    Exercising without excessive pain.
    NO MORE FRONT BUTT!! (Had it for a few weeks while at my heaviest, not pleasant.)

I think those are my highlights thusfar.
  • TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Mine today was when I was doing my interval run my underwear started to slide down under my shorts that are slightly big :blushing:

Guess its time for a trip to VS
  • HEK81
    HEK81 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I got up the nerve to do kickboxing this week. This was big because my best friend was supposed to go with me and could not at the last minute. I went anyway and loved it.
  • sporker101
    sporker101 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Recently, when I was doing squats and felt new muscle on my thighs that I've never felt before. Then I looked in the mirror, and I'm finally getting definition in my legs. Definitely motivating!
  • aegira
    aegira Posts: 204
    Options
    Buying clothes for my trip I automatically reached for the size 20 and 22, the sales lady looked at me smiled and said "my dear these are way to big for you, let's try a 16" :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I did and GUESS what it was too BIG:laugh:
    I am now the proud owner of size 14 awesome looking jeans and clothes :drinker:
    I am so close to a size 12 that I'm hoping I can get there before my trip only 43 days to go :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!