Fat =/= curvy

Options

Replies

• twiztid_princess
    Options
    Back to actual discussion...

I have a question then. Are only hour glass shapes considered curvy then? Or pears too?
    I'm a bit curious if I fit this "curvy" definition. A little clueless on the topic.
    I usually classify most as athletic, average, overweight, obese since that is all i talk about in nutrition courses xD Mixing in shapes confuses me. I just learned that there is such a thing as a banana shape the other day!

seriously a banana shape?? wow.. curvy really means that you are not a straight board.. do you have hips? an *kitten*? Breasts? all or any of the above? then yes you are curvy.. That is just my opinion of course.

Oh you didn't know either then? Glad im not alone! Banana is very narrow hips, and not too much of a shape I guess. Never really waid attention enough xD

Looking at some of the pictures in this thread I can't tell if I have an *kitten* or not anymore! xD
    Interesting to see a whole group's point of view on a subject i think ^-^

yea i so didn't know about banana
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Whoa! If i measured my hips right I got a .69 lol
  • aquasw16
    aquasw16 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Who cares. Call yourself what you want to. Why do you care what other people consider curvy? To each their own.
  • FitBlitz
    FitBlitz Posts: 146
    Options

*Giggles like a third grader* :D
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options

.68 here. DAMN! so close.
  • scinamon1
    scinamon1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My friends who are guys use 'curvy' as a synonym of 'fat'. Also 'bubbly'. It really annoys me. :s Surely curvy should mean... not straight up/down... not fat'.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Why is anyone offended if someone who is fat but doesn't have the "ideal" hip-to-waist ratio wants to call themselves curvy? Who cares? Enough with the body shaming, lets all just love our body SHAPE (which can't be changed as opposed to SIZE) whether it's curvy or straight up and down!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I am not wasting my time to read 10 pages...simple and sweet,curvy does not mean fat and to suggest it does is just effing stupid.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Why is anyone offended if someone who is fat but doesn't have the "ideal" hip-to-waist ratio wants to call themselves curvy? Who cares? Enough with the body shaming, lets all just love our body SHAPE (which can't be changed as opposed to SIZE) whether it's curvy or straight up and down!

No one is offended. Once again jumping to ridiculous conclusions. SO body shaming either. Just stating personal definitions of what "curvy" is. Curvy looks great, and so does the opposite!
  • Vegetablearian
    Vegetablearian Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I think people should be called curvy if they have curves.

If they have a boyish figure, an apple shape or generally no shape, no matter what the weight this is not curvy.

Curvy is an hourglass shape usually, pears can be nice and curvy too.

Now obese people just saying they are curvy just because they are obese is wrong, some obese people have nice curvy shapes, some do not just the same as slim people. Saying curvy is not an excuse to be morbidly obese.
    13519485 Posts: 264
    Options
    If you're basing your definition of "curvy" strictly on WHR then technically anything anything <,>, but ≠ 1.0 would be "curvy", unless there's more to the definition like, for example, "curvy" means hip measurement > waist measurement. Then only a ratio <1.0 would be "curvy". My last waist and hip measurements were 51.5'' and 61'' respectively, This gives me a WHR of 0.844 which would make me curvy according to this definition, but certainly not according to "curvy" being any WHR < 0.70.

I don't think I'll ever have a WHR < 0.70 The lowest WHR I think I'd even want is around 0.75, which is definitely a healthy WHR, but not curvy by the restrictive "< 0.70" definition. I personally think that those with WHR <0.70 look kind of silly. I wouldn't want my hips to be that big.
  • ShaeSweetie
    ShaeSweetie Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    curvy and valuptuous (excuse the spelling lmao!) are terms used for girls who have a nice body..it can be thick or thin but curvy means like you have hips and a smaller waist usually. I have hips and a butt and im a little thicker..and im technically curvy...i dont consider curvy people who are 500 pounds..thats jus overweight to a point where help should be seeked! When people call women that big curvy they are just trying to be nice
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    If you're basing your definition of "curvy" strictly on WHR then technically anything anything <,>, but ≠ 1.0 would be "curvy", unless there's more to the definition like, for example, "curvy" means hip measurement > waist measurement. Then only a ratio <1.0 would be "curvy". My last waist and hip measurements were 51.5'' and 61'' respectively, This gives me a WHR of 0.844 which would make me curvy according to this definition, but certainly not according to "curvy" being any WHR < 0.70.

I don't think I'll ever have a WHR < 0.70 The lowest WHR I think I'd even want is around 0.75, which is definitely a healthy WHR, but not curvy by the restrictive "< 0.70" definition. I personally think that those with WHR <0.70 look kind of silly. I wouldn't want my hips to be that big.

LOL, my WHR is 0.68. Do I look silly?

And I thought 7.0 and below was the standard for curvy WHR. You won't get that without a pretty big difference between your hips and your waist, in which case, you would look curvy, no?
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options

No one is offended. Once again jumping to ridiculous conclusions. SO body shaming either. Just stating personal definitions of what "curvy" is. Curvy looks great, and so does the opposite!

^
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    I am not wasting my time to read 10 pages...simple and sweet,curvy does not mean fat and to suggest it does is just effing stupid.

^
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options

Le sigh.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    My friends who are guys use 'curvy' as a synonym of 'fat'. Also 'bubbly'. It really annoys me. :s Surely curvy should mean... not straight up/down... not fat'.

^
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options

.68 here. DAMN! so close.

.68 here too!
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Who cares. Call yourself what you want to. Why do you care what other people consider curvy? To each their own.

Is there an echo in here?
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    I think people should be called curvy if they have curves.

If they have a boyish figure, an apple shape or generally no shape, no matter what the weight this is not curvy.

Curvy is an hourglass shape usually, pears can be nice and curvy too.

Now obese people just saying they are curvy just because they are obese is wrong, some obese people have nice curvy shapes, some do not just the same as slim people. Saying curvy is not an excuse to be morbidly obese.

^^
This discussion has been closed.