I hate water

Options

Replies

• dorkusmalorkus
    Options
    my best suggestion is to force your way through a couple days of drinking at least 64oz of plain water a day. Once your body gets hydrated, you will actually start craving plain water. Don't know if it will work for you, but it did for me and now I love plain water. The only draw back is that I can't get through the night without getting up a couple times to go pee!
    very true! i weened myself off by using those flavored sugarless packets and eventually decided i didnt wanna be consuming aspartame and increasing my chances of depression, migraines, and cancer, so i switched to water, smart water and using a brita filter is the ONLY way i drink water, everything else tastes disgusting
  • ThePunkHippie
    Options
    Drink whatever you want. Don't like plain water? Diet soda, non-diet soda, Crystal Lite, coffee, tea, juice, milk, sports drinks, beer... All hydrate you just about as effectively as water, the only downside is that some of them have calories you would have to account for. Hydration is all about FLUID, not about water.

WTF??
    Thats quite dumb really, water has tons of benefits that all these other drinks don't.

Like what?
    Google "benefits of drinking water", you'll find loads of reasons that i can't be bothered typing tbh.

Nice deflection. You did not answer my question. You are saying people are dumb - its pretty much up to you to prove it. Please look through this thread to see all the sources that prove you are.
    Im not calling anyone dumb, im saying that the quote is dumb so i think you'll find your the dumb one thanks.

Yup - because I am the one argiung with findings from, for example, the Mayo Clinic......right.
    I have no idea what the "mayo clinic" is and tbqh i couldnt give a crap. All i know is im leaving now cause i can't be bothered to argue with a woman twice my age that should know by now that people are entitled to their opinions.

OMFG this is hilarious. You claim that adding something to water negates the positive effects of water, but then don't even have a clue what the Mayo Clinic is.
    there's a difference between having an opinion, & having an uninformed opinion that you're trying to pass off as fact.
    Ok, your hilarious. At what point did i say that "adding something to water negates the positive effects of water". Im on about crap like fizzy drinks and beer so PLEASE, why don't u also get ur facts right.

Thats quite dumb really, water has tons of benefits that all these other drinks don't.

Right THERE. The base for every drink is *drumroll* WATER
    If water is beneficial, then all the other drinks would have the exact same benefits as plain water.
  • downieel
    downieel Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Drink whatever you want. Don't like plain water? Diet soda, non-diet soda, Crystal Lite, coffee, tea, juice, milk, sports drinks, beer... All hydrate you just about as effectively as water, the only downside is that some of them have calories you would have to account for. Hydration is all about FLUID, not about water.

WTF??

Like what?
    Google "benefits of drinking water", you'll find loads of reasons that i can't be bothered typing tbh.

Nice deflection. You did not answer my question. You are saying people are dumb - its pretty much up to you to prove it. Please look through this thread to see all the sources that prove you are.
    Im not calling anyone dumb, im saying that the quote is dumb so i think you'll find your the dumb one thanks.

OH EM GEE!!!

This did make me laugh! If you're going to call someone dumb, at least get your words correct.

Do we need to teach you the difference between you're and your?

This whole post is redundant!

To the OP, if you can weave your way through the nonsense, there are actually some quite good suggestions from people.

Good luck!
  • dorkusmalorkus
    Options
    hey guys, wheres the love?
  • staceykay104
    staceykay104 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Once I stopped drinking pop, I start craving water more. I never liked drinking water, but forcing myself to drink it (and quitting the sugary drinks) gave my body the adjustment it needed to like water. If I start drinking pop, I stop drinking water.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options

WTF??

Like what?

Yup - because I am the one argiung with findings from, for example, the Mayo Clinic......right.
    I have no idea what the "mayo clinic" is and tbqh i couldnt give a crap. All i know is im leaving now cause i can't be bothered to argue with a woman twice my age that should know by now that people are entitled to their opinions.

You are entitled to your own opinions. You are not entitled to your own facts.
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    My vote would be Bourbon. It tastes way better and makes you feel good.

Pappy 20 w/ rocks on the side. I'm with ya!
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options

WTF??

Like what?

OH EM GEE!!!

This did make me laugh! If you're going to call someone dumb, at least get your words correct.

To the OP, if you can weave your way through the nonsense, there are actually some quite good suggestions from people.

Good luck!
    Oh shoot me for not being full on punctual, please! Im leaving this topic purely cause i say one comment which gets taken way out of context. Besides, im not crap with grammer when i can be bothered but even if i was, im sure im better at things that your not so good at. No one's perfect.
  • FitLink
    Options
    Once I stopped drinking pop, I start craving water more. I never liked drinking water, but forcing myself to drink it (and quitting the sugary drinks) gave my body the adjustment it needed to like water. If I start drinking pop, I stop drinking water.

You started craving "water," or some other fluid, when you quit drinking soda because you reduced your fluid intake. But drinking soda only made you not drink water because it WAS HYDRATING YOU AS WELL AS WATER so you didn't need water!
  • ThePunkHippie
    Options

WTF??

Like what?

OH EM GEE!!!

Good luck!
    Oh shoot me for not being full on punctual, please! Im leaving this topic purely cause i say one comment which gets taken way out of context. Besides, im not crap with grammer when i can be bothered but even if i was, im sure im better at things that your not so good at. No one's perfect.

You're correct - you're better at claiming your opinion as fact than I am.

• Charloo1990
    Options
    hey guys, wheres the love?
    Agreed!
  • ThePunkHippie
    Options
    so, I have a problem that only YOU PEOPLE can help me with

I had a cup of pure water & I was about to drink it, but I was outside & a leaf fell into it! NOW IT WON'T HYDRATE ME & THE BENEFITS OF THE WATER ARE GONE! D: AM I GOING TO DIE OF DEHYDRATION????
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I would suggest maybe brewing tea instead and just drinking that instead (without sugar is how I do it). It gives you a different flavor and for the most part has no calories or sodium (just check the box to be sure).
  • downieel
    downieel Posts: 9 Member
    Options

I had a cup of pure water & I was about to drink it, but I was outside & a leaf fell into it! NOW IT WON'T HYDRATE ME & THE BENEFITS OF THE WATER ARE GONE! D: AM I GOING TO DIE OF DEHYDRATION????

Yes, yes you are! Seek medical assistance immediately!

*facepalm*
  • ThePunkHippie
    Options

Yes, yes you are! Seek medical assistance immediately!

*facepalm*

well, if I went by the 'facts' that are being presented on this thread, I'd probably believe it. ;D
  • FitLink
    Options

WTF??

Like what?

OH EM GEE!!!

Good luck!

Well, you weren't really on time either--this thread started yesterday--and clearly you're wrong when you say "i can be bothered [with grammar]."

You're also wrong that plain water is more beneficial than any other water-based liquid for hydration. Please see the dozens of pieces of cited evidence in this post.
  • FitLink
    Options

WTF??

Like what?

OMFG this is hilarious. You claim that adding something to water negates the positive effects of water, but then don't even have a clue what the Mayo Clinic is.
    there's a difference between having an opinion, & having an uninformed opinion that you're trying to pass off as fact.
    Ok, your hilarious. At what point did i say that "adding something to water negates the positive effects of water". Im on about crap like fizzy drinks and beer so PLEASE, why don't u also get ur facts right.

Fizzy drinks and beer are water with stuff added. If you said "fizzy drinks and beer don't hydrate you," you have said "adding something to water negates the positive effects of water." How do you think they make "fizzy drinks?" I'll tell you. They take water, and they add stuff to it. Are you now claiming that who adds the stuff matters? If I add it at home it's not harmful, but if say, Pepsico adds it, it is?
  • Charloo1990
    Options
    Fizzy drinks and beer are water with stuff added. If you said "fizzy drinks and beer don't hydrate you," you have said "adding something to water negates the positive effects of water." How do you think they make "fizzy drinks?" I'll tell you. They take water, and they add stuff to it. Are you now claiming that who adds the stuff matters? If I add it at home it's not harmful, but if say, Pepsico adds it, it is?
    Ok so your saying a whole load of stuff that i havnt even said. You seem pretty determined to carry on this pointless argument, well im not retaliating so please just give up trying to say that i said this, that and the other when i quite clearly havnt.
  • FitLink
    Options
    Try what parents do to get their children to learn to drink water. This also waters down juice for if they want juice (as straight juice can be really sugary and gets them hooked on sugar easily). Mix about half a glass of juice with half a glass of water. After you get used to that, decrease the amount of juice in the glass and increase the amount of water for a while. Once used to that, keep decreasing the juice and increasing the water until you get to all water in the glass. It may take a while, but I don't recommend drinking caffeinated drinks in place of water. Caffeine can dehydrate you. If you have too much caffeine in your system and not enough hydration, you can get muscle cramps. :sad:

Please cite the source. This sounds like more broscience. Muscle cramps are usually due to an imbalance in magnesium. Caffeine won't cause muscle cramps, but too little water can imbalance magnesium. It doesn't matter in what form you get the water; coffee's as good as tap or bottled plain water.

And while the method of mixing juice with water works to reduce sugar, so does adding Crystal Light or Mio, and most people find this more palatable.
  • cmikebryant
    Options
    Iced Green Tea no sugar. It is Great!