"You don't need to lose any more weight!"

Options

Replies

• Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    All the time and it annoys me! As of yesterday, I was 134.6 I believe it was. My lowest was 124. I had people tell me that I looked sick... mostly came from larger people that don't do anything about their weight. Sorry that i'm trying to better myself!
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm 175 right now and when I tell people I want to lose another 40-I get , "Where would that come from" or "That's too much", I am 5'4", and I guarantee weighing in at 135 would not be "too skinny" as I don't plan to be "skinny fat", I plan to be 135 and lean, I really don't care what other people's opinions are, it is what I want to do that's important. I will be the judge of whether or not I am too thin, when I get there.
  • always4vin
    Options
    I love all the comments and responses. I think it's true for many of us. I hear the same things all the time that many of you posted. I am starting to learn...you have to be happy with you who care what they think. I'm doing this for me and my family!
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    My grandma is notorious for the "too skinny" comments. Before I had kids I was at 160-168 and she was always on me about my hip bones sticking out. It's not like 160 is anorexic and it's what I'm trying to get down to.
  • BlueStar1989
    BlueStar1989 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I've been hearing it more and more now that I'm starting to look skinny. I just smile and say nothing. I'm not out to change the world around me just me. If I want to lose more then I will. 170 is the high range for 5'10'' I want to be in the middle or lower so I can mantian it better and have more of a chance to correct things before they get out of hand after I reach my end goal. We all gain and lose over the course of life. How we live and what we do determine what we get for our work on ourselves. This is not about weight loss rather about a NEW LIFE!!!!
  • rosemadderv
    Options
    I've been hearing this since 150... and I'm 136 now going for 125! I'm 5'3", so technically I could go to 118 and be ok per the BMI stuff. And I have a 'delicate' bone structure (small hands, feet, narrow wrists etc) so it makes sense for me to try and go to the lower end of that.

Whenever I get that crap if I'm feeling snarky I tell them, 'Actually, according the BMI standards my goal is well within the healthy range".

Because some people are genuinely concerned about your health, which is sorta sweet (and almost no one has an accurate picture of healthy weight in their head, so the #'s sound more concerning than the reality). Some people just have personal problems, and those are the ones who will make those comments repeatedly- I just stop talking to them and smile when they start in on the BS...
  • sarah2954
    sarah2954 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Patrick Bateman: Well, you can always be thinner... look better

:devil:
  • BurkeshireFarms
    BurkeshireFarms Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've started receiving these comments as well.

I have a theory that Americans have over-indulged for so long that it has actually altered our perception of what it is to be truly healthy.
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I have heard this the three times that I have lost weight.....What I can't help but wonder, is.. Where are these people who are so concerned about my health when I am gaining??? They never come up to me and say "You know, I am worried about how much weight you are gaining!!" But, they don't have any issues at all with telling me that they are concerned about too much weight loss???? And, the least I have weighed is about 140 pounds...so I am obviously not starving myself!

So true!
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options
    Drives me nuts. I have reverted to "thank you!"
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I get it all the time. I weigh 20 pounds more than I should but because of my larger frame size, I carry it ok.

people are going to say what they want. you can't stop it. I've tried.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I do, I tell them to shut it lol
  • lipsticknlattes
    lipsticknlattes Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yes. It's annoying. I have 5 children, so people expect me to be obese. I love my body at 155 and at 135. But, I love the look in my husband's eyes when I put on a short dress for a date night when I am at 135, rather than jeans and a t-shirt at 155.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm 5'3 and yeah I was 250 at my biggest and when I hit 170 I started hearing if I lose much more I'd disappear. I reached 136 yesterday and I have 16-21 more to go. Everyone told me how fat I was now they are wanting me to stop? I don't get it, I'm not happy where I'm at, I'm not disappointed I'm proud of how far I've come, it's just not my idea of where I want me. I have also found the people who are telling me to stop losing are people who are obese/overweight and aren't trying at all.
  • icandoit203
    icandoit203 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I get this alot also it's frustrating & irritating, a good friend of mine told me let that be your motivation to kick butt. So that's what I do I keep moving forward. This is something I am doing for me, if I need to be fit to last 50 more yrs on this earth so be it. Don't worry about people they have a right to their own opinion and don't realize if affects people. So just take it as a compliment.
  • jenn_may
    jenn_may Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I feel like most people who would say that are not educated on the matter. So that in turn makes their point moot.
  • rbrannock
    rbrannock Posts: 169
    Options
    It drives me nuts to hear this. My goal is to lose 50 lbs, I've lost 29 so far....and I hear "that's too much...you don't need to lose that much." But they don't see me naked either. I want to be happy with ME.....and once I reach my goal of 50 lbs gone, I still might not be happy. It is aggravating, even tho I know most of them are being sincere...its still annoying! Its usually either the people that are already skinny and look great, or the ones that can stand to lose a few of their own. Just grin and bare it...!
  • buffybabe
    buffybabe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Yes, so frustrating...My fiance even asked "you're not planning on losing any more weight are you" I mean I am 5 pounds from my goal weight! I am 5'6" and currently 125, I do not look sickly by any means....Drives me crazy/

Or how bout people that say "why do you go to the gym, you are already thin" Um, right and the gym is how I stay that way...wtf?
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Occasionally.

I have 5-10lbs more I wanna lose around my stomach.

To most people 'average' is now skinny or fit.

To people like us, we wanna be leaner, stronger or more toned. Ultimately meaning 'skinnier' or weighing less I'd say.

Fitness is addicting, and there's ALWAYS ways to improve your body once you see remarkable progress.

I don't really reply with much. They'd really have to see your (semi) naked body and analyze it the way most of us do in the mirror, to understand where/how we wanna fix it.
  • microMXL
    microMXL Posts: 51
    Options
    Yup, I get that one, I say to them that I want to be in the best possible shape to outrun the zombie horde