Fit Men / Un-fit Women

Options

Replies

• DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    is the question one of entitlement? unfit people feeling entitled to find fit people attractive...?

if that's the case and you're a biologist, i think you have a pretty good idea of the answer.

Ehh yea, I mean I have a good idea of what the physical answer is but I'm looking for the psychological answer. Now is the part where I look at all the answers and use my gold panning equipment to sift out all the BS.
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I wish men could give birth

Some men wish they could too. I'd have given anything to save my ex from all she went through at the time...plus it's a pretty amazing thing in and of itself.

Wow, I have never heard ANY guy say that! Lol you just won some sort of award. I'm not sure what yet, but you get a trophy ! :bigsmile:

Really??

:noway:

Yes, but I haven't had kids yet, and I don't think the opportunity for that comment has come up for my Husband. I'll ask him tomorrow! LOL

$100 he says exactly what I did.

$100 he tells me he gives birth every morning! :laugh:

Ask him if he gets attached to his food baby before he has to flush it.

Well this went in an interesting-yet-can't-look-away direction...

I am laughing so hard right now
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Ok, so this is something I've been thinking about for a very long time now. And since this is primarily a female site, I feel like it's appropriate to ask here. The question is simple yet the answer escapes me.

Why is it that women, overweight women in general, set their preference in men to be strong and fit?

I've seen comments to the effect of, "No six pack, no date" and my man has to have {insert muscle type here}. I bring this up because over the years, I've noticed women, really the entire population, have become bigger and lazier in keeping fit and taking care of themselves. I see a lot of it here but also when out with friends. Most of my friends are female but I would never ask them this.

If men are doing all that they can do to stay healthy by strength training, cardio, diet and active hobbies, why is it that overweight women without an active lifestyle would think that a man like this would be interested in them?

For the most part, I am one of these men. Having to forgive myself for the recent uptick in weight, I am blessed to have found MFP to bring myself back into the big picture and have had great success. Overweight women have been attracted to me all my life but I find no attraction to them so this affects me regularly. Without going into what I find attractive, hopefully I can finally figure out what's going on here.

Please don't be offended by any of these statements or questions; they are intended for educational purposes only and should not be taken personally.
    If the question was "Why is it that men, overweight men in general, set their preference in women to be thin and fit?" Would you really wonder? Would it ever dawn on you or anyone to ever even pose that question? The answer is the same to both questions. I just doubt that anyone would even question some fat, dumpy guy who wanted to date a super model.

^^ This, PERFECT answer. *applaud*

Yes, it's been stated several times now. The question has evolved over the pages.

Yes and still the best answer I saw :P
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Ok, If both sexes are naturally attracted to fit members of the opposite sex, how comes there is so many men on MFP. that state they prefer larger women? Even though every time they post a pic of their celeb crush or what they consider to be their eye candy etc. its always a fit women and never and larger women. At first I thought that they were trying to be White Knights but now i'm not so sure. Is it because men are afraid to say how they truely feel? I mean I know women on MFP are blunt and say exactly what they like and dislike.

I am very curious about this!
    So am I, but I doubt we will get an answer.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Ok, If both sexes are naturally attracted to fit members of the opposite sex, how comes there is so many men on MFP. that state they prefer larger women? Even though every time they post a pic of their celeb crush or what they consider to be their eye candy etc. its always a fit women and never and larger women. At first I thought that they were trying to be White Knights but now i'm not so sure. Is it because men are afraid to say how they truely feel? I mean I know women on MFP are blunt and say exactly what they like and dislike.

good size hips = evolutionary indicator of reproductively successful women? Just throwing **** out there really.

You could also go with that men who have lost weight can maybe relate to a woman who is going through the same struggle of being overweight and/or losing weight.
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    I mean I know women on MFP are blunt and say exactly what they like and dislike.

Sarcasm at its finest
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Because you don't find very good pictures of larger women. There are like 4 attractive ones that are celebrities, and most of what people post are celebrities.

Otherwise they'd have to troll chubby hashtags on tumblr.... and frankly? Most of them are naked.

Also, my husband prefers larger women. He also likes muscular women. Women of all colors. Women with short hair, long hair, big boobs, little boobs, no boobs. If he were to post in a "sexy ladies" thread, he would post a photo of Beyonce as the easiest occasionally meaty celebrity to find who pleasures his eye. That's not to say he wouldn't bang Queen Latifah as well, but it's 10x easier to find a super sexy picture of Beyonce than it is to find one of Queen Latifah.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

I think it IS that they are scared to say how they feel. Particularly when it comes to women's feelings, which we've all been taught (even the biggest *kitten* among us) to care for and protect.

That is not to say that they aren't somewhat telling the truth, and for some, I'm 100% sure they're attracted to heavier women...but look at it like this. When I'm asked or butt my nose into one of those threads...I'm ALWAYS honest (to me, lying to save feelings is just hurting them more, later). I say that I'm not normally 'attracted' to heavier women. This doesn't mean that certain heavier women couldn't catch my attention, even to the point where there would be real physical attraction. It means that if I was handed a picture and said yes or no...unless the girl was incredibly pretty and I could see some personality in the photo, I'd probably say no. That stupid 'When did this...become more attractive than THIS?!' picture that's posted up, with four thin women and four heavier women below...well, my preferance is the top left. Like...pretty close to my ideal.

Does this mean I couldn't meet, like, love, marry, and absolutely adore a heavier woman? Nope, it doesn't. And I'd love her body just as much as the thinner womans. But the attraction would HAVE to be there at the start, no matter what her weight. Thinner women just have it easier in that regard, where I'm concerned.

And the point of this long winded post is...90% of guys wouldn't tell you that...for fear of being insensitive. Wheras I feel it's insensitive to lie.
  • FlyeredUp
    Options
    I mean I know women on MFP are blunt and say exactly what they like and dislike.

Sarcasm at its finest
    No its not, And I respect the women for MFP for keeping it real! Because if your BSing why even waste your time posting it and my time by reading it.
  • MsAprilNurse
    Options
    I'm overweight and i find some fit men attractive. However I don't find them attractive enough to date. For me, they're just eye candy. I prefer to have a man that is kinda in between, not heavy and not skinny. Also , I don't think a woman should weigh more than her man. It's not natural. I think that men are just naturally in better shape, not saying that women aren't in shape, as evidenced by the many women that are in shape LOL. But I don't know why many overweight women are attracted to fit men. Maybe it's just their preference. Also, I find it a little unappealing (nicest word i can think of) to see an overweight couple. I've had overweight boyfriends in the past and it's a workout just to hug and cuddle. My belly in the way and his belly in the way. It was just too much. I'm looking forward to not having my belly in the way. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION.
  • chasingbabes
    Options
    It's quite simple:

I've been fit. I've been fat. I've been married. I've been single. I've been pregnant. I've given birth. IT DOESN'T MATTER... My taste in men has never changed. Just because you only saw the "fat" me, you decided that "unfit women" are attracted to fit men. WRONG!! I'm fit now...and I still find that same type of man attractive...
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    It's quite simple:

I've been fit. I've been fat. I've been married. I've been single. I've been pregnant. I've given birth. IT DOESN'T MATTER... My taste in men has never changed. Just because you only saw the "fat" me, you decided that "unfit women" are attracted to fit men. WRONG!! I'm fit now...and I still find that same type of man attractive...

But your user name is "chasingbabes" :heart:

Oh and good answer :)
  • FlyeredUp
    Options

I think it IS that they are scared to say how they feel. Particularly when it comes to women's feelings, which we've all been taught (even the biggest *kitten* among us) to care for and protect.

That is not to say that they aren't somewhat telling the truth, and for some, I'm 100% sure they're attracted to heavier women...but look at it like this. When I'm asked or butt my nose into one of those threads...I'm ALWAYS honest (to me, lying to save feelings is just hurting them more, later). I say that I'm not normally 'attracted' to heavier women. This doesn't mean that certain heavier women couldn't catch my attention, even to the point where there would be real physical attraction. It means that if I was handed a picture and said yes or no...unless the girl was incredibly pretty and I could see some personality in the photo, I'd probably say no. That stupid 'When did this...become more attractive than THIS?!' picture that's posted up, with four thin women and four heavier women below...well, my preferance is the top left. Like...pretty close to my ideal.

Does this mean I couldn't meet, like, love, marry, and absolutely adore a heavier woman? Nope, it doesn't. And I'd love her body just as much as the thinner womans. But the attraction would HAVE to be there at the start, no matter what her weight. Thinner women just have it easier in that regard, where I'm concerned.

And the point of this long winded post is...90% of guys wouldn't tell you that...for fear of being insensitive. Wheras I feel it's insensitive to lie.
    Chris I agree 100% that some guys are attracted to heavier women (nothing wrong with that) and some guys are scared to to hurt a womens feelings, but why do they waste everyone's time including the OP's and post something that isnt true? Why not just not post at all? But in the last thread that I posted in for example regarding this subject it was one other guy and myself that stated that we were not attracted to heavier women and 100 or so other guys posting that they love heavier women. But at the same time their eye candy or celeb. crushes are always fit women. I think its because the women of MFP have more balls and are not afraid to be honest about their likes and dislikes.
  • FlyeredUp
    Options
    It's quite simple:

and hopefully that is me! :flowerforyou:
  • FlyeredUp
    Options
    Because you don't find very good pictures of larger women. There are like 4 attractive ones that are celebrities, and most of what people post are celebrities.

Otherwise they'd have to troll chubby hashtags on tumblr.... and frankly? Most of them are naked.

Also, my husband prefers larger women. He also likes muscular women. Women of all colors. Women with short hair, long hair, big boobs, little boobs, no boobs. If he were to post in a "sexy ladies" thread, he would post a photo of Beyonce as the easiest occasionally meaty celebrity to find who pleasures his eye. That's not to say he wouldn't bang Queen Latifah as well, but it's 10x easier to find a super sexy picture of Beyonce than it is to find one of Queen Latifah.
    Thats not true, google any celeb or famous person and you can come up with numerous pics of them in less than a minute. Also I'm not saying that some men are not attracted to heavier women, I'm just saying that alot of men here suffer from White Knight Syndrome or just dont have the guts to say how they really feel. And that the majority of MFP. women are more honest about their likes and dislikes.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options

Thats not true, google any celeb or famous person and you can come up with numerous pics of them in less than a minute. Also I'm not saying that some men are not attracted to heavier women, I'm just saying that alot of men here siffer from White Knight Syndrome or just dont have the guts to say how they really feel.

I've only dated plus sized gals my whole life, since i was 15....................its just my thing
  • chasingbabes
    Options
    It's quite simple:

A 10 at 10 is still a 10 at 2. :drinker:
  • FlyeredUp
    Options

Thats not true, google any celeb or famous person and you can come up with numerous pics of them in less than a minute. Also I'm not saying that some men are not attracted to heavier women, I'm just saying that alot of men here siffer from White Knight Syndrome or just dont have the guts to say how they really feel.

I've only dated plus sized gals my whole life, since i was 15....................its just my thing
    And there is nothing wrong with that! Infact I wish more guys would have the same taste in women as you., less competition for me.
  • FlyeredUp
    Options
    It's quite simple:

A 10 at 10 is still a 10 at 2. :drinker:
    The perfect women!! I dont even have to spend alot of $$ on buying you drinks in order for you to think i'm a 10!
  • chasingbabes
    Options
    It's quite simple:

But your user name is "chasingbabes" :heart:

Touché :tongue: