Options

Replies

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I wish men could give birth

The human race would die out.

You give us far too little credit :(.

Every man I've ever known acts like he's going to die if he gets the flu or a cold. I can't imagine a man going through childbirth. :smile:

Oh and to be fair, the human race would probably die out if left to me too. I can't see myself going through childbirth either.
  • torie079
    torie079 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I think this is a pig headed notion... Seriously did I just read that lol?
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Definitely goes both ways!!! I know a lot of un-fit dudes (and *kitten*, jerks, sexist pigs, etc.) who just want a thin little model with perfect skin and no brain. I wonder why they're single? lol :P

AND I know plenty of un-fit ladies who are needy, clingy, demanding, b!tchy, unreasonable, etc, who want a big muscle-y man to put up with them and all their crap and buy them things all the time. I wonder why THEY'RE single.

Basically some people just don't have a clear perception of reality.

Whatever, they'll all probably wise up when they're ready. All in their own time. *shrug*
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I think it's a preference not a necessity as generally women can afford to be more selective.
  • jessiewise827
    Options
    Some women probably look for a man like that for motivation. I didn't look for a guy with big muscles, but the guy I fell in love with just happened to have them. I weighed 115 when we got together, then gained up to 130. Then one day it hit me - he works hard to look good for me, so why shouldn't I do it for him? That's when I found MFP and I've lost 8 pounds, bit my goal is to be toned and fit. He's my motivation, so I believe most women look for a man like that to use him as motivation.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I wish men could give birth

The human race would die out.

You give us far too little credit :(.

Every man I've ever known acts like he's going to die if he gets the flu or a cold. I can't imagine a man going through childbirth. :smile:

Oh and to be fair, the human race would probably die out if left to me too. I can't see myself going through childbirth either.

HAHAH That's a 'man cold.'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXLHWmjA5IE
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I've been attracted to and dated all body "types". Nice eyes, a beautiful smile and kind personality go a long way. I would not exclude someone due to the lack of X, but rather include them due to my attraction to whatever it is they can offer.
  • crochelle17
    crochelle17 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I personally dont care what a guy looks like, what matters the most is the personality, ive dated skinny guys, and ripped guys, in the end it boils down to personality over all! (imo) also, i was skinnier when i was married, looked dam good, lol! but as the years went on women tend to get comfy and with taking care of the house, working, taking care of the baby women (at least my friends and i) put ourselves on the back burner and tend to take care of everyone else but ourselves. So personally thats why im here, i have to take care of myself so i can be better for my hubby and my daughter. I grew up very conservative and its been ingrained in me that the women takes care of the house and the family before her needs.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

For the most part, I am one of these men. Having to forgive myself for the recent uptick in weight, I am blessed to have found MFP to bring myself back into the big picture and have had great success. Overweight women have been attracted to me all my life but I find no attraction to them so this affects me regularly. Without going into what I find attractive, hopefully I can finally figure out what's going on here.

I think you answered your own question right here. You are attracted to who you are attracted to, regardless of what you look like. If I was 100lbs, or 700lbs, I would assume that who I am attracted to does not change.....see what I mean?
  • REET420
    REET420 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    It all depends on the company you keep. I'm fat and I'm a woman and I don't hit on anyone because I'm too fat for sex. Very rarely it happens but if someone hit's on me they are usually thin or athletic. My friends are mostly male. I find them very picky about women they make fun of every little imperfection. They seem to think they deserve pin up models for wives. And they easily find girlfriends that fit their "needs" I think woman aren't as picky they go for personality and stuff like that instead of just appearance. I have seen some shallow women but they are usually the types that look and act like they should be on the cast of Jersey Shore. uggh
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    It all depends on the company you keep. I'm fat and I'm a woman and I don't hit on anyone because I'm too fat for sex. Very rarely it happens but if someone hit's on me they are usually thin or athletic. My friends are mostly male. I find them very picky about women they make fun of every little imperfection. They seem to think they deserve pin up models for wives. And they easily find girlfriends that fit their "needs" I think woman aren't as picky they go for personality and stuff like that instead of just appearance. I have seen some shallow women but they are usually the types that look and act like they should be on the cast of Jersey Shore. uggh

How can one be too fat for sex??
  • LadyofLight08
    LadyofLight08 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I personally have always been a Chubby chaser, but Chubby guys never liked me.
    Thin guys found me attractive oddly and none of my exes were ever fat, even though I was.
    I am currently with my Fiance who bounces back from 125-130lbs and I (was) hitting almost 240 when we were going out.
    I don't know what he found attractive in me, but I appreciated him not only basing his feelings for me on just physical appearance.
    I am currently trying to be fit now and thankfully with his support I've lost 50lbs (44lbs on MFP)
  • danagettinfit
    danagettinfit Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I think there is a logical reason for this phenomenom (sp). Women are often busy with having and taking care of kids, working themselves, running the household and what not. Finding time to workout isn't so easy especially is their mate is working like crazy to support them. Also, many people can't afford great quality food. I say all that to say why women are heavy or overweight comes with a lot of reasons.

This is wrong for a few reasons, i know the us is broken home Capitol of the world and all but i dont think this guy is perusing housewives. ALSO (heres the rant) HEALTHY FOOD IS NOT MORE EXPESIVE THAN BAD FOR YOU FOOD!!!! How much does a bunch of bananas cost as opposed to a giant bag of chips, and thats just an example. My very close childhood friend does all that coupon clipping and sale shops but she still ends up paying 3x as much ad i do because of all that processed crap she piles into her cart then sits in her pantry/freezer forever, while i shop produce, meat, dairy 95% i dont EVER buy anything just because its on sale and i feed my family of four on less than $100 a week!!!!

And to answer the original question i will say that i have always been athletic but never got along with athletes ( we yend to have a superiority complex) so i have aleays been attracted to tall skinny slacker types i know how awful for me, but, with that said ive found bigger girls really like my skinny dudes (i mean incapable of building muscle) anthropology says natural selection, we look for mates who comlimpent our faults. Big women eant skinny/ fit dudes so they can have skinny/fit children thats all there is to it, even if we dont realize it. Survival of the fittest plays a big role in our desires, sometimes reality sneaks in and *****smacks us back and we settle for a better match. Get over yourself guy and be happy ppl want you at all, a lil grace can go a long way! Also a little extra weight on a woman is indicative of a fertile woman, also there are those of us who get fixated on a type for whatever reason during youth. For me, my uncle is a tall skinny man who always treated me like a lil princess, truly the nicest man to me ever, maybe has a little to do with my preference, as far as the slacker thing goes i grew up in the 90's and i love me a musician for some reason those things comingled in such a way in my psyche tobriut me to my present preferences! To sum iy up, to each their own :)
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    *grabs popcorn*-Ty
  • Lifting_chick
    Lifting_chick Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have a male friend that is very fit and it is the larger girls that like him.....he asked me why fit females don't hit on him.It does make more sense for 2 fit people to be together, doesn't it?
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Just curious but whose to say that a fit women needs to be with a fit man or vis versa?
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I have this argument with my single best friend, she is 26 and a size 24. Any-ways she has her standards way to high, like the muscular sporty and fit guys, and doesn't understand why they don't want to date her? So many guys that are in the category has told her no way, friends only. Then she gets mad, I keep telling her looks are not everything, and she needs to go for average joe. She's never even had a boyfriend, and is doomed to be single forever, because all she is interested in is eye candy, and that eye candy wants nothing to do with a fat chick.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I don't think that is just a female thing. I know a lot of guys who are overweight who only want the little thin girls.

Definitely not a female thing.

I can't tell you the number of personal ads I read with "no fat chicks" or "no one over a size 8" in their shopping list of requirements.

And at the time, I was a teeny tiny little thing, and was no way in hell I'd answer an ad like that. But I'd mentally thank them for being upfront about it, since I liked to avoid shallow d-bags.
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I have been a big girl most of my life, trying to be as fit as I possible could. Fit men came to me or was attracted to me. I was never attracted to them, personality first. I usually hate men. But I am a very active bigger girl. I was 18 about 175 at the time adn they flocked to me, only if I let them. I was actually uptight about who I wanted to be with, not for their body type but for a brilliant mind. Hey and its vice versa for men, fat men wanting great outstanding looking women. The man I am wiht now was thin as a stick, I had to make him bigger, too much bone for me. Now he is an bit over average, but he loves me adn I him. I guess I can say more if we click to be together, nothing with looks. I can pass any hottie any time. WHy? CUs hotties too me are lil snubbies and think they are too good for anybody. Dealt with that all my life, been wrong sometimes, but oh well. I believe into getting to actually KNOW someone.
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I don't think that is just a female thing. I know a lot of guys who are overweight who only want the little thin girls.

Definitely not a female thing.

I can't tell you the number of personal ads I read with "no fat chicks" or "no one over a size 8" in their shopping list of requirements.

And at the time, I was a teeny tiny little thing, and was no way in hell I'd answer an ad like that. But I'd mentally thank them for being upfront about it, since I liked to avoid shallow d-bags.

I agree with this post. I cant stand shallow men or women.