The scale is a lying torture device! I'm proof :)

Options

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    WOW...amazing!
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Fantastic transformation emswanson! Can I ask, what changes did you make to your diet? How much did you eat in relation to your BMR?

Thank you!

When I started out on MFP I was eating about 1,600 gross calories, and netting something like 700-1,000 every day. I was grumpy, tired, and got super frustrated because the scale stopped moving.

Then I did alot of research asked advice of many friends (especially love4fitnesslove4food) and discovered my BMR is 1700 and my TDEE is between 2600-3200, depending on how active I am. I've been eating between 2200-2900 gross calories per day and I feel a trillion times better (so, I'm netting above my BMR). I also use a body media fit which tells me my average burn per day is 2,900, so that helps keep me in line!
  • histwinkletoes
    histwinkletoes Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing!! Definitely inspirational! :)
  • Sinope82
    Sinope82 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thankyou for posting this
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing!
  • hpynh2o
    hpynh2o Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! Keep taking pictures :)
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Perfect timing. Thank you for posting. You look great. The scale is messing with me too since I picked up my workouts.
  • imustbegood
    imustbegood Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting.... u look fab - I am having a love hate relationship with my scales atm so this was just what I needed to hear :)
  • Ceceamanda
    Ceceamanda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You look so great!!! Definitely a reality check for those who seem to get sucked into the powerful grasp of those digital numbers on that torture device you refer to. I love everything about this thread and thanks for sharing your calorie intake too. Puts things into perspective! Thank you and good luck on the rest of your journey! Fabulous!
  • malindaja
    malindaja Posts: 29
    Options
    wow. I needed your positive outlook! THANKS for sharing... you look amazing!
  • vzexft19
    vzexft19 Posts: 9
    Options
    I am so glad you posted these pictures. You look great. I am always depending on the scale.And dissapointed.No wonder people always telling me I am getting skinner.I say oh no .I haven't lost any more weight. I still weigh the same.:happy:
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Fantastic transformation emswanson! Can I ask, what changes did you make to your diet? How much did you eat in relation to your BMR?

Thank you!

When I started out on MFP I was eating about 1,600 gross calories, and netting something like 700-1,000 every day. I was grumpy, tired, and got super frustrated because the scale stopped moving.

Then I did alot of research asked advice of many friends (especially love4fitnesslove4food) and discovered my BMR is 1700 and my TDEE is between 2600-3200, depending on how active I am. I've been eating between 2200-2900 gross calories per day and I feel a trillion times better (so, I'm netting above my BMR). I also use a body media fit which tells me my average burn per day is 2,900, so that helps keep me in line!
    well, it's good to know I am on the right track. My BMR is just below yours, around 1650, and I eat around 2200 calories plus exercise 3-5 times a week. I guess I just need to be patient. Thanks!
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! Keep up the good work!! thanks for posting!! I have done Insanity as well, and dropped 3 dress sizes...i can fit into a zero...my weight...2lbs less thats all!! Crazy!! I'm now doing p90x and hae gained 3lbs. my clothes still fit great though....PROOF!!
  • Ges220
    Ges220 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I AM FEELING YOU COMPLETELY!!!! I just finished a week of fitness bootcamp and staying below 2000 calories and I HAVE GAINED 3 POUNDS ! UGH! I was really stressing until I read this! THANK YOU FOR CALMING ME DOWN! GrEAT POST!!!!

:love: :smile:
  • MollyDukes
    MollyDukes Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    WOW, you look awesome. Thanks for sharing because the scale definately does seem to lie
  • TasTam
    TasTam Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Wow, when I first heard your story, I thought she can just inadvertantly hold in her stomach and she'll think she looks thinner, but your legs are definitely much more toned and defined and your back and side are really smoothed up!! You definitely can't hold them in. That's absolutely amazing and your hard work really shows. Congratulations!!!
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I am so glad you posted these pictures. You look great. I am always depending on the scale.And dissapointed.No wonder people always telling me I am getting skinner.I say oh no .I haven't lost any more weight. I still weigh the same.:happy:

This for me too. My weight is literally up and down each week and the tape measure hasn't moved in a month, but I've dropped a dress size and people and myself are starting to notice a change.

thanks for the post - it does encourages us to keep at it "even when the scale doesn't move". Fantastic job btw - you look great. x
  • JB5349
    JB5349 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is outstanding and just the motivation that I needed today! The scale is up today and I MEAN up by about 4 lbs, I know I did not eat great but seriously 4lbs it is just discouraging- but I know that my clothes are fitting better!

You look fabulous! Thanks for the inspiration !
  • kford12
    kford12 Posts: 112
    Options
    Thank you SO much for posting this!! I too have had the same problem in that I have been doing 30DS for over a month and am starting my third week of C25k and the scale says I have lost NOTHING! It is so disheartening. I was starting to think that me feeling slimmer and fitter was all in my head until a lady at work asked if I had lost weight last week.

Thanks again, you look amazing!!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    That's just CRAZY!!! Amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!