For those of you that drink coffee

Options
For those of you that drink coffee, what do you put in it? I am addicted to the French Vanilla Coffeemate. I have tried to switch to the sugar free or the fat free and I think it kind of ruins the taste of my coffee. I need ideas that are lower in sugar and that taste good. I gotta have my coffee and I really want to enjoy it, I only have one cup a day.

Replies

• qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    nonfat milk and one packet of sugar in the raw.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Skim milk and a packet of sugar
  • merlyngrey
    Options
    you only have one cup per day, enjoy it! Isn't that only about 35 calories? I know you are looking for a substitute but keep thinking lifestyle change and moderation. One cup a day isn't going to kill your goals and if it makes you feel less deprived it might even help keep you motivated.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Not a thing! I roast and grind my own, I buy the best organic, free trade, sustainable practices coffee. Why would I want to not then taste that great coffee flavor by adding things to it?? Plus it a calorie free thing when black.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    you only have one cup per day, enjoy it! Isn't that only about 35 calories? I know you are looking for a substitute but keep thinking lifestyle change and moderation. One cup a day isn't going to kill your goals and if it makes you feel less deprived it might even help keep you motivated.

True dat
  • scorpiomfs
    scorpiomfs Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Im not giving up my coffe. I have my coffe first thing in the morning and drink it how iI like. I did switch to fat free cream. Unless you are a diabetic and have to limit your sugar, that might be a diffrent story. To me this is a lifestyle change. My life includes coffe. There is actually a group on here for coffe lovers. The bottom line is to do what works for you.
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I recently started taking my coffee black or sometimes with a bit of non-dairy creamer. I'm trying to cut down on my sugar intake.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Stevia drops and some half and half.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I switched from CoffeeMate French Vanilla to Regular Half & Half. I put a little bit of cinnamon in the grounds before I brew it for flavor. Half and Half has half the calories and no sugar!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I drink it black. However...once or twice a month I have a Starbuck, Grande, Non-fat Vanilla Latte....Simple Pleasures :)
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options

I'm in agreement! I have one or two cups in the morning. I log everything I put in my body! But this is a lifestyle change and I have to be able to live with this long term, so there are some things I'm not giving up, like my coffee in the morning. I did give up other things, though, like my diet dr. pepper ... ;)
  • kdruga
    kdruga Posts: 35
    Options
    I was in the same boat. I loved the french vanilla creamer! 35 calories isn't bad, if you can keep it to just one Tablespoon, but I was using 2 per cup, and having 2 cups a day! I switched to hazelnut coffee with 2 tbsp of skim milk and 2 Sweet n Lows (one large cup per day). Took some time to adjust, but now I can't live without it.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I use half and half cream and Splenda. That gives me the taste I love. Honestly, I don't worry about those 50 cals & fats from the cream. I've tried skim milk, etc. but it tastes gross to me.
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I like my creamy ...So I add 1/2c of almond milk and 1pkt of stevia
  • elysecea
    elysecea Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I use 1% milk and splenda
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Protein powder sometimes. It's best with iced coffee but works as a great "creamer" in hot coffee as well.

otherwise light half n half or black w/ 1 truvia/stevia.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Torani (found in the coffee isle) comes in sugar free, various flavors: chocolate, French vanilla, raspberry, caramel, hazelnut to name a few~
  • sherronh
    sherronh Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    vanilla soy milk with splenda for me. Once you continue to drink things a certain way you get used to them!
  • LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I will drink mine black, but I prefer to use the flavored coffees! Although, I have to say my favorite "non-flavored" coffee right now is Starbucks Blonde.
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options

ditto!! great advice