Dating Websites....Your thoughts please.

Options

Replies

• nikkiej2012
    nikkiej2012 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I know this is old school but i meant my Ex-Husband on myspace (that was a like 5-6 years ago when myspace was off the hook) now i am currently on POF i guess its ok..and i am in the process of signing up for okcupid......but same as you i am looking for male friends 2...i have 1 daughter and i am kinda lonely in my life right now...so maybe down the line if i meet some1 nice and friendly then me and that person will take it from there..good luck 2 you :flowerforyou:
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I signed up with match and haven't had any luck yet ... in fact the first guy I gave my number to sent me a picture text of him ... holding himself ..... Time will tell if anything positive comes out of this website.
    I said Sorry please forgive me, i thought you were listed on Intimate encounter section:flowerforyou:
  • drfalktorres
    drfalktorres Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Try "meet ups"-- such as hikes, groups, etc...a much more casual environment that allows you to mingle and get to know others without the pressure of a date. www.meetup.com
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    And... is anyone on this thread old enough to remember "Love Connection"?

I LOVED that show when I was in middle school. I was married when online dating started to become a "norm" but when I got divorced I knew I'd have to try it b/c it seemed like a real life version of the show to me ;-p

My dad & I used to watch the Dating Game back in the day...hilarious!
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I read what all have written so far. I had alot of pansie's as well, and met some real butt's. In the same token I've met some guys that we didn't work out as dating material but we have become good friends and we talk regularly. Just checking on each other. Then I finally met the man I've been with for sometime now. He is awesome, he's a gentleman, he treats me like a queen. There are some good guys still out there, just got to kiss alot of toads before finding your Prince. Just be careful in what you put on your profile and always but always meet in a public place that is busy. And never let them go get you a drink and bring to you. Never drink from a drink that you left on the table to go to the bathroom.

Sorry former cop...
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    If you just want to hook up go on POF put your status to LOOKING FOR "LONG TERM" you'll get lots of hits no problem, tell them WOLFNSHEEPSCLOTHING sent you-Ty
  • moonbaby1o1
    moonbaby1o1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I signed up with match and haven't had any luck yet ... in fact the first guy I gave my number to sent me a picture text of him ... holding himself ..... Time will tell if anything positive comes out of this website.
    I said Sorry please forgive me, i thought you were listed on Intimate encounter section:flowerforyou:

HAHAHAHA!!!!!:laugh:
  • hcoburn37
    hcoburn37 Posts: 442 Member
    Options

I forgive you Ty ..... I just like to see in person first :ohwell:
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    If you just want to hook up go on POF put your status to LOOKING FOR "LONG TERM" you'll get lots of hits no problem, tell them WOLFNSHEEPSCLOTHING sent you-Ty

:laugh:
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options

Love it!!! ROTFL
    Im joining just to put that in the profile!! Thanks Ty:wink:
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    For online dating, I heard Craigslist Casual Encounters is pretty legit.

Eh, I met my wife on the interwebz before it was cool. We hid it from her parents for about a year before admitting it. AOL chat baby!
  • jsuaccounting
    jsuaccounting Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I went on eHarmony once and they matched me up pretty quick with a eligible, cute bachelor. However, I never went out with him again and ended up dating my short-term ex-boyfriend instead (in hindsight - this was a mistake:) Anyway, my advice, do NOT post a picture that shows you from below the neck. Guy's trolling for sex almost never waste their time without a body shot. I got nice interest without a picture at first. This may be different for different sites and is just my admittedly limited experience.
  • exdisneychick
    Options
    I met my current bf on POF. I have talked or texted many guys from there but only actually met 5~6 guys in person. I have now been dating the bf since August 22, 2011. I think he may be the last bf I have. He is an awesome guy. But the other posters were right, some of them were crude and just wanted dirty pics. But those are the ones you just delete and block.

Good luck and have fun with texting, talking, and meeting all the available guys out there!!! :)
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Ty you are killing me. For the love of all that is good and holy tell me why you sign your posts??? This is becoming the bane of my existence..with such questions as 'is there a god?' or 'what is the purpose of life?'. I have asked Sia Bevis but no luck.
  • nirvi9
    nirvi9 Posts: 34
    Options
    I tried OkCupid and POF a bit last year (I liked OKCupid better.. though I used it longer than POF so that may be why) when I was living in a new city and looking to meet some new people.
    I never really took it seriously enough to follow through and meet any one in person, but this thread is making me think of trying it out again
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    i met my boyfriend on okcupid. there are good people online just like anywhere else.
  • rnd789
    rnd789 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I used OKCupid, and was on there for about 11 months before I started dating my current boyfriend (and future hubby!). I'm absolutely for them.
    I think there will always be some sketchy people on sites like that, but if you use common sense and remain cautious of meeting new people, I think it can be extremely successful!
    Also, I like that it gives you options outside of your normal range. My boyfriend lived an hour and a half away, and we NEVER would have met without it!
    (I have never tried the paid ones though, so I don't know about those!)
  • Sunscreenandsweat
    Sunscreenandsweat Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I tried okcupid and met a guy I dated for 3 months and then I tried pof and met a bunch of losers so I deleted both accounts and I am staying single. xD
  • singledj
    singledj Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I had great success after many failures on POF. Going away to celebrate our two year anniversary next month :-) Good luck to you!

^^^ This... except my 2 yr anniversary is in October!!! Although I have heard POF has changed.

Best advice I can give you.... trust your gut no matter what site you use!!! And always, always meet in a public place!!!
  • wxchaser
    wxchaser Posts: 178
    Options
    This topic is bittersweet for me... I've been on POF.com for a while now. The first time around was a real let down when the guy I met gave me a fake number and then ditched me. Second time around and nothing's happening. I've emailed several people, but NOTHING!

I've also tried yahoo personals, eharmony and match. Didn't like any of then either.

Sorry I'm being so negative about these sites, but I've just had so much bad luck that I find it hard to believe in love at all anymore. It doesn't help that all my guy friends don't see me as even remotely pretty even though I try to make myself look good, but apparently I'm just too fat to be pretty. Instead, I'm stuck being "the sweet one". :/