That's from 2007.
  • DB_1106
    DB_1106 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    ....and.
  • DB_1106
    Options
    Sadly, I dont think the truth will ever be allowed out. Too many big industries (i.e. flour, sugar, pharmaceutical, supermarkets) are making too much money from the present "so called" healthy eating regime. No one can touch it. Whatever you believe, you should ask the question, why is obesity, heart disease and diabetes on the increase in such a huge scale?
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    *sigh* It's this **** again. And I love the argument that any studies that disprove this are clearly "working to cover up the truth."
  • DB_1106
    Options
    Kind of like the argument that low carb is unhealthy for you. The farthest thing from the truth.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    its old news. Taubes has a new book out. I have Good Calories, Bad Calories it was okay for its time. A lot of low carbers have moved on since that.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    This should be interesting.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I dont think the truth will ever be allowed out. Too many big industries (i.e. flour, sugar, pharmaceutical, supermarkets) are making too much money from the present "so called" healthy eating regime. No one can touch it. Whatever you believe, you should ask the question, why is obesity, heart disease and diabetes on the increase in such a huge scale?

Tell me in your own words how carbs make you fat?
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Check's the OP's join date.

Check's the OP's post count.

Check's the time.

Yep, almost news at 11.
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    This is a bunch of bull-larkey.
  • Zombierawr
    Zombierawr Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Not weighing in on this conversation, but it reminds me of Scott Pilgrim.
  • dolldreams
    dolldreams Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Don't look in my food diary...

(typed while eating an ice cream sammich)
  • suziecue66
    Options
    Kind of like the argument that low carb is unhealthy for you. The farthest thing from the truth.

Have you seen Jimmy Moore lately?
  • pigsfly1972
    pigsfly1972 Posts: 14
    Options
    When you say carbs are you talking about flour, sugar, wheat and such? Not veggies and fruit? Than I would agree that is all processed food. Raw carbs are great and give you energy.
  • DB_1106
    Options

No offense man, but I am not here to play gotcha game. I could throw this right back in your court and say tell me in your own words how fat makes you fat.

I am just posting a news report that I happen to agree with. Not you, but it seems many people get their panties all in a bunch if someone comes out against the typical standard nutritional diet. There is science to back up both theories. Are we that closed minded to fully shut out the whole low carb thing?
  • Acg67
    Options

Have you seen Jimmy Moore lately?

::Raises hand:: I have!

img_6822.jpg
  • suziecue66
    Options
    When you say carbs are you talking about flour, sugar, wheat and such? Not veggies and fruit? Than I would agree that is all processed food. Raw carbs are great and give you energy.

All carbs are put in that category by low carbers. Fibrous vegies are good but Starches and most fruit are not particularly if trying to lose weight. Low carb used to really be the Atkins up to 20g carbs per day but it seems to be higher these days on other programmes.

I should say that with Atkins meant to stay at induction 20g carb for 2 weeks but most kept doing longer instead of slowly adding 5g carbs in increments until they get to a level where still losing weight.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    horse puckey
  • Acg67
    Options

No offense man, but I am not here to play gotcha game. I could throw this right back in your court and say tell me in your own words how fat makes you fat.

I am just posting a news report that I happen to agree with. Not you, but it seems many people get their panties all in a bunch if someone comes out against the typical standard nutritional diet. There is science to back up both theories. Are we that closed minded to fully shut out the whole low carb thing?

So in other words you have no idea how carbs supposedly make you fat, you're just jumping on the latest fear mongering bandwagon
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Let's see:

Zyzz ate carbs

zyzz2.jpg

Greg Plitt eats carbs

plitt.jpg

Manu eats carbs

manu.jpg

Josef Rakich eats carbs

rakich.jpg

Yea, these guys are just bursting with fat cells.
This discussion has been closed.