Trim for Turkey Day starts today! Join if you want!

Options

Replies

• I read an article somewhere that too much abs exercise may cause back problem.
    I don't know it's true or not but I'll do sit up challege every other days.

______
    count down: i will lose addional 22 lbs by xgiving, 10 more weeks
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I am shocked down 4lbs this week! YEAH :bigsmile: Congrats to everyone with a loss & keep up the hard work. Only 11 more weeks till Thanksgiving. I'm gonna do the initial test for the crunch challenge today good luck everyone.
    SW 163.8
    09/03/09 - 161.2
    09/10/09 - 157.2
    TD GOAL -148
  • moidem
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I'm new-ish to MFP. And I don't want my mom making comments about my waist or my plate on Thanksgiving!

Today I am 164.
    TD Goal: 155

Thanks!
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    ONLY 11 MORE WEEKS UNTIL THANKSGIVING AWWWWWWWWW....... :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: TIME TO KICK INTO OVER DRIVE!!!
  • bwilton77
    bwilton77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Check in

Last Weeks Weight- 305
    Current Weight- 299
    Goal by Turkey Day 280
    Total Goal- 160
  • hgirl1021
    Options
    Check in

Last Weeks Weight- 305
    Current Weight- 299
    Goal by Turkey Day 280
    Total Goal- 160

:noway: :noway: :noway: thats awesome!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • TheNatKitchen
    TheNatKitchen Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    08/29/09 - 169 (starting)
    09/03/09 – 165 (-4lbs!!!) woo-hoo!!
    09/10/09 – 163.6 (-1.4 lbs)
    09/17/09
    00/24/09
    10/01/09
    10/08/09
    10/15/09
    10/22/09
    10/29/09
    11/05/09
    11/12/09
    11/19/09
    11/26/09 – Thanksgiving Goal=150.

That’s just 13.6 lbs to go! Everyone is kicking butt, I'm so proud of all of you. Today I start the crunches :happy:
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Yeah everyone! :bigsmile: Seems like we did pretty good this week. I'm really motivated to get going this week and add some weight loss to the tally!

I was reading an article about ab crunches in a fitness magazine. It gives an alternative core workout that is supposed to be gentler on the spine. So, I'm going to modify that 200 crunch program somehow to use this 4 move core workout. Maybe work up to 50 reps of each of the four. Eek. So, going to start that today.
  • momma2boys0609
    Options
    Well I am up a few lbs today, but I know why. It's my T.O.M. I hate my T.O.M. I start retaining water about a 7-10 before I even start and that water weight can range anywhere from 4-7lbs. Its bad enough I feel horrible @ this time & tehn to see the # on the scale go up. I know it is only temporary, but it really gets me. Oh well, I'm going to keep up my water intake & start the sit-up challenge today, just as soon as I post this. Let's see what happens next Thursday!

The good thing about TOM is your metabolism is higher during this period. So if you will pull BIG number next week.

I had read in the past that you burn more fat during this time, so this week I really pushed myself into being active. Wednesday I went outside on my lunchbreak and spent an hour alternating between jogging and walking the hills around campus. I sure hope it pays off. I will be wearing a white nurse dress(not at all stylish or nice to my body ) so I would like to trim down about 10lbs by then. I need to push the cold water the next couple of weeks, continue walking, and do the crunch challenge. IM praying for a noticable loss between now and then. :bigsmile:

I dont want to be so worried about my body that I dont enjoy graduation. For crying out loud, this has been a tough year, but Ive accomplished something major. A single mom with a 2 yr old, was pregnant & attending nursing school full-time, had my 2nd baby via c-section in the middle of pharmacology, found out my thyroid was out of whack again, no vehicle for over a year, and yet somehow still managed to get through & will be graduating nursing school! Losing 10lbs by graduation would be icing on the cake!!!!! :wink:

Congratulations to all of you who lost some lbs this week!!! For those who didnt, lets re-evaluate and keep going. Let us never give up! :flowerforyou:
  • akgrant
    akgrant Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Well I am up a few lbs today, but I know why. It's my T.O.M. I hate my T.O.M. I start retaining water about a 7-10 before I even start and that water weight can range anywhere from 4-7lbs. Its bad enough I feel horrible @ this time & tehn to see the # on the scale go up. I know it is only temporary, but it really gets me. Oh well, I'm going to keep up my water intake & start the sit-up challenge today, just as soon as I post this. Let's see what happens next Thursday!

The good thing about TOM is your metabolism is higher during this period. So if you will pull BIG number next week.

I had read in the past that you burn more fat during this time, so this week I really pushed myself into being active. Wednesday I went outside on my lunchbreak and spent an hour alternating between jogging and walking the hills around campus. I sure hope it pays off. I will be wearing a white nurse dress(not at all stylish or nice to my body ) so I would like to trim down about 10lbs by then. I need to push the cold water the next couple of weeks, continue walking, and do the crunch challenge. IM praying for a noticable loss between now and then. :bigsmile:

I dont want to be so worried about my body that I dont enjoy graduation. For crying out loud, this has been a tough year, but Ive accomplished something major. A single mom with a 2 yr old, was pregnant & attending nursing school full-time, had my 2nd baby via c-section in the middle of pharmacology, found out my thyroid was out of whack again, no vehicle for over a year, and yet somehow still managed to get through & will be graduating nursing school! Losing 10lbs by graduation would be icing on the cake!!!!! :wink:

Congratulations to all of you who lost some lbs this week!!! For those who didnt, lets re-evaluate and keep going. Let us never give up! :flowerforyou:

I think your quote says it best...You CAN do all things through Chris who strengthens you! That's awesome! You have gone through a lot! How much more will you appreciate God, your life, and your strength for coming through it ALL!! God Bless you! I just wanted to share in your testimony!!!
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Today was my first day of the crunch challenge and I did good with the day one workout. Here's to day two :drinker: on Sunday.
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Whoops! Missed Thursday check in! I maintained from last week with no more lost, but I'm happy with that after my trip to the city... Did my C25K today, and have P90X later on.
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options

I think your quote says it best...You CAN do all things through Chris who strengthens you! That's awesome! You have gone through a lot! How much more will you appreciate God, your life, and your strength for coming through it ALL!! God Bless you! I just wanted to share in your testimony!!!

Who's this "Chris"? Does he have a strength training video or something? :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry... I mean no offense. Just can't help being a smart *kitten*!! :laugh:
    I love a good typo that changes the whole meaning of something.
    :laugh: :drinker: :laugh:
  • everyday
    Options
    ONLY 11 MORE WEEKS UNTIL THANKSGIVING AWWWWWWWWW....... :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: TIME TO KICK INTO OVER DRIVE!!!

~~Is it to late to join?
    I have 11 lbs to lose.. and I need a serious KITA.

SW 149
    GW by Thanksgiving 138
  • hgirl1021
    Options

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: congrats to you nurse!! i'm a nurse myself and i know ALL too much about nursing school. so your accomplishment is far beyond recoginized. just wanted to say great job and i wish you the best with meeting your goal by graduation! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    It is never to late to join! So welcome all you new comers! Ok so I know why I maintained and it is all my fault I am eating terible and being really bad about tracking my food. So today I am kicking it into gear. I want to meet my goal. I do not usually workout on weekends just go for a good walk. I am doing my No more trouble zones dvd later and maybe will go for a run. I know I can pull good numbers I now have two weeks to make up for! Have a great weekend everyone.
  • thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    ok so not to be pushy but we have 19 people who wanted to join and are not posting. If you are one of those people and do not post soon I am going to deleat you from the spreadsheet. That is not to say that you can not post. It is just getting hard from me to keep track of 53 people.
  • momma2boys0609
    Options

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: congrats to you nurse!! i'm a nurse myself and i know ALL too much about nursing school. so your accomplishment is far beyond recoginized. just wanted to say great job and i wish you the best with meeting your goal by graduation! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Thanks You! :happy:
  • tallispierde
    Options
    hello, I am new and would like to join.

current weight 202
    goal by turkey day 10
    total goal 30

water 80oz

thanks!
  • hgirl1021
    Options
    ok so not to be pushy but we have 19 people who wanted to join and are not posting. If you are one of those people and do not post soon I am going to deleat you from the spreadsheet. That is not to say that you can not post. It is just getting hard from me to keep track of 53 people.

thanks for all ur hardwork in keeping track of us :flowerforyou: