Options
    tumblr_m26lz1c3nV1qdclq7.gif

:laugh:

LOVE THIS!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    eating toast at 11pm while I read this thread :D

When you toast bread, it takes the carbs out.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Whatever you believe, you should ask the question, why is obesity, heart disease and diabetes on the increase in such a huge scale?

In part, because we've had a lot of major technological advancements in the past 100 years or so that make society a buttload more sedentary than we used to be.

Thinking back to my parents' childhood... there weren't multi-car families - just one car was a luxury - and kids walked everywhere. They had ringer washers. Rugs were taken outside and beaten, not vacuumed. They didn't come home and veg in front of the tv or computer. They raised their own food, and I know my mom was happy when her father went hunting or fishing for something for dinner, because that meant she wouldn't have to hold the beak while one of their chickens got the ax.

It's just a lot easier to be fat now than it was then.
    That's one side of it. There's also the other side, that the vast majority of heart disease and diabetes is due to the aging population. In the United States alone, over 74 million people are age 55 and over (that's 25% of the entire population of the US,) and that contributes significantly to those disease numbers. 100 years ago, diabetes was a lot less common because people didn't live long enough to get it. 30 years ago, it was a lot less common because people weren't that old. Now that the population has aged even more, it's becoming more and more common.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Everyone is always looking for the boogieman. Its not carbs, fats, sugar, processed food (whatever that is), gluten, red meat, blah blah blah on and on.

Its not that alcohol that made you drive drunk.
    Not the gun that killed that guy.
    Not the government subsidies or evil corps that push grains.

It is you...eating to much that makes you fat. and unhealthy.

Carbs don't make people fat. . . PEOPLE MAKE PEOPLE FAT!!!! period. end of story. you may be excused.

People only make you fat if you eat to many of them. k thanks. : )

What if the people I eat fit in my macros?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If it wasnt around 2000 years ago - DONT EAT IT!

Well, that rule would certainly cause weight loss since that would be everything. Nothing in our world is as it was 2000 years ago. Our waters are tainted, our air is tainted, our soil is tainted. Animals and plants have evolved and changed, either naturally or through human intervention. If you think you are eating anything that was around 2000 years ago you are mistaken.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Carbs don't kill people.... People in a sugar-deprived rage kill people....
  • SorchaRavenlock
    SorchaRavenlock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    A little off topic, but if you are implying Marilyn looks fat here, I strongly disagree. I am seeing a healthy, curvy female form. This comment just seems hurtful against the mindset of so many here who would love to look like this.
    Marilyn Monroe credits her beautiful figure to pasta (AKA, carbs)

marilyn-monroe-heels.jpg

She so fat...

Umm, I don't know if you picked the best possible picture to illustrate your point...

I'd love to look the way she looks there, she's beautiful.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Well, that rule would certainly cause weight loss since that would be everything. Nothing in our world is as it was 2000 years ago. Our waters are tainted, our air is tainted, our soil is tainted. Animals and plants have evolved and changed, either naturally or through human intervention. If you think you are eating anything that was around 2000 years ago you are mistaken.

Even so, the Egyptians were harvesting wheat and making bread 2,000 years ago, as were the Romans. What do you people think "unleavened bread" is made from? You know, what the Hebrews supposedly ate in the desert? What Jews still have every Passover to mark the holiday? That was more than 2,000 years ago ...

People have been cultivating and eating wheat for thousands upon thousands of years. It's the reason cats are domesticated.
  • dalmiechick45
    dalmiechick45 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dolldreams
    dolldreams Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    At least it seems like most everyone agress that processed foods are bad.

Then most everyone is an idiot

LOL. I should probably be insulted but this made me laugh for some reason. After reading the posts since then I realize that this is one of those posts where you have to be extremely careful what you say and not assume people know what you mean. Processed foods as in Cheetos. Can we agree that Cheetos are not healthy??

cheetos.JPG
    Sorry, can't agree. Cheetos contain
    Thiamin
    Niacin
    Vit B6
    Iron
    Riboflavin
    Carbs
    Calories
    Fat (but no trans fat)
    sour cream
    milk
    whey protein
    vegetable oil
    salt

None of these things are inherently bad and can contribute to a balanced diet.:smile:
    But seriously, what's the data to say "processed" food is bad for you. I know it's trendy to eat "clean" but as long as macros are met and calories in range is there any real science to say that it's bad for you? I had read years ago that one of the ingredients commonly used in processing was similair to ASA which has been shown to prevent cardiac disease and that the rate of heart attack and stroke have gone down. This may change as we become bigger, but it coud be argued that it's due to too many caloires/decreased exercise and not processed food.
    Over the last few decades we use more and more processed foods and our life expectancy has gone up. Corrleation?causation?

Did you just give me 13 good reasons to eat cheetos? I think you did. I freaking love cheetos and now I like you a lot too :heart:
  • Alicia7896
    Alicia7896 Posts: 21
    Options
    ScreenShot2012-02-27at75346AM.png

BAHAHAHA!
  • dolldreams
    dolldreams Posts: 245 Member
    Options

Even so, the Egyptians were harvesting wheat and making bread 2,000 years ago, as were the Romans. What do you people think "unleavened bread" is made from? You know, what the Hebrews supposedly ate in the desert? What Jews still have every Passover to mark the holiday? That was more than 2,000 years ago ...

People have been cultivating and eating wheat for thousands upon thousands of years. It's the reason cats are domesticated.

I know right. Bread is not a new development.
  • sunnyday789
    sunnyday789 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    At least it seems like most everyone agress that processed foods are bad.

Then most everyone is an idiot

LOL. I should probably be insulted but this made me laugh for some reason. After reading the posts since then I realize that this is one of those posts where you have to be extremely careful what you say and not assume people know what you mean. Processed foods as in Cheetos. Can we agree that Cheetos are not healthy??

cheetos.JPG
    Sorry, can't agree. Cheetos contain
    Thiamin
    Niacin
    Vit B6
    Iron
    Riboflavin
    Carbs
    Calories
    Fat (but no trans fat)
    sour cream
    milk
    whey protein
    vegetable oil
    salt

None of these things are inherently bad and can contribute to a balanced diet.:smile:
    But seriously, what's the data to say "processed" food is bad for you. I know it's trendy to eat "clean" but as long as macros are met and calories in range is there any real science to say that it's bad for you? I had read years ago that one of the ingredients commonly used in processing was similair to ASA which has been shown to prevent cardiac disease and that the rate of heart attack and stroke have gone down. This may change as we become bigger, but it coud be argued that it's due to too many caloires/decreased exercise and not processed food.
    Over the last few decades we use more and more processed foods and our life expectancy has gone up. Corrleation?causation?

Did you just give me 13 good reasons to eat cheetos? I think you did. I freaking love cheetos and now I like you a lot too :heart:

And if you like Cheez Whiz too, there's more good news for you :flowerforyou:

Cheese Whiz
    Trans fats are generally a dietary no-no. But one natural trans fat, known as conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), is an exception; it actually has anti-cancer attributes. Cheese Whiz turns out to have more of this cancer-fighting compound than any regular cheese, according to research

(from http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/diet-tips/junk-food-thats-good-you?page=2
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I know right. Bread is not a new development.

You'd think no one ate wheat before 1990 or something.
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Just stop eating. It's all bad for you.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Carbs don't directly make you fat. If you don't move around enough to justify the calories you eat, then yes you'll get fat, and carb-heavy foods are usually calorie-dense foods that don't offer as many nutritional benefits as "simple" foods. So they add up really quickly. Also yes, insulin levels do play a part, but insulin doesn't magically squirt calories into fat cells (this is stupid). If you eat a breakfast of muffins and bagels, you're going to be satiated for a while, but you'll get hungry again soon after. People who eat fewer carbs don't have insulin spikes and sags and their appetites are generally more stable. There is nothing wrong with "CARBS", but people who have particularly carb-heavy diets and weight problems are usually EATING a lot more and not very active.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

NOOOOoooooo!! Then I'll go into starvation mode.
  • Alicia7896
    Alicia7896 Posts: 21
    Options

Ikr? Water count: 50.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Marilyn Monroe credits her beautiful figure to pasta (AKA, carbs)

marilyn-monroe-heels.jpg

She so fat...

Umm, I don't know if you picked the best possible picture to illustrate your point...

Ugh! She's flabby, not fat.

There's no rule that says women need a six pack to be healthy. Having SOME stomach fat is arguably more healthy than having none. She has a perfectly fine body. There was a time when women having muscles was "gross", you know. Women need more fat on their bodies than men, and a woman who looks "flabby" as the picture above is still in no way unhealthy for it. While our standards for beauty change with every decade, the standard of healthiness does not.
This discussion has been closed.