Ladies: Guys shorter then you?!

Options

Replies

• tomakehermine
    Options
    shorter than me = not my preference & to whoever says 'i wouldn't date girls that are shallow like you' - that's just ridiculous. everyone has preferences ... everyone! even on a subconscious level. anyways, the reason i wouldn't is because i am 5'3 - it's hard to find guys shorter than that. i will admit my head placed in a mans chest with his arms wrapped around me does make me feel safe and protected - secure in the world - does it set women's rights back 50 years? yah a bit extreme with that comment buddy. feeling that comfort is important to a lot of women i know - so who cares if she finds it in a tall man? other people find it in how built a guy is or how attractive he is - guys find it in women that can cook or dress a certain way. but i do agree - if a man came into my life who made me feel that way and was my size or smaller i would give it a go for sure.
  • mycatgidget
    mycatgidget Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't think something like height should get in the way of things if you like the person.

This.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    the reason i wouldn't is because i am 5'3 - it's hard to find guys shorter than that. i will admit my head placed in a mans chest with his arms wrapped around me does make me feel safe and protected - secure in the world - does it set women's rights back 50 years? yah a bit extreme with that comment buddy. feeling that comfort is important to a lot of women i know - so who cares if she finds it in a tall man? other people find it in how built a guy is or how attractive he is - guys find it in women that can cook or dress a certain way.

I agree with THIS part.
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    hmmm, being 5' I've never had the problem! But if he's a great guy then I wouldn't let that bother me.
  • rsdgirl
    rsdgirl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    my husband is 3" shorter than me :) LOVE HIM (height shouldnt matter, just see where it goes)
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad that even though I have the disposition of being fat... I am tall and have never met a woman taller than I am.
  • Mellocare
    Mellocare Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Um.. really? What's wrong with short dudes? How would it feel if some guy said he wouldn't date you because you were too tall? Too short. Too big boned. Too narrow-shouldered. Your eyes were too green. Your hair was too light. I mean... I understand preference, but seriously? I don't understand how anyone could be so shallow as to let a wonderful person slip through their fingers just because he was "too short."

I don't know. Maybe I'm biased.
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    No offense to any of the men out there, but shorter than I am (5'5) is a dealbreaker to me because my ex was shorter than me and had issues when I wore heels, so I spent two years not wearing heels when we went out together. But it's all about personality too and different individuals are attracted to certain things physically and emotionally.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Can't force attraction. It's there, or not.

If you're not happy with him let him go.

I can't help but picture this guy getting patted on the head by some 6'5" tall girl.

THIS!

I am sorry but I need my man to be MAN height!
  • Aleara2012
    Aleara2012 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    She didn't care, why should yòu?

AxlRose_KMazu_194634_600-de.jpg
  • ampa916
    ampa916 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    It's personal preference really. I wouldn't met you guys and say "Wow he is so noticeably 1inch shorter than her. How could she date him?" But I wouldn't say that to anyone not matter the height difference. I will say though I only had one crush on this guy (while we were in high school) he was 5'5 and I am 5'7 and it mattered to me at first but then it didn't anymore lol. However I have never dated anyone shorter than me. And my hubby is 5'9-5'10ish
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Because its only 1 inch, I say go for it, although it sucks when you wanna wear high heels... its up to you...if you don't wanna give up heels, then you need to be comfortable with you looking taller then him and not give a damn about our judgemental society!
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    Um.. really? What's wrong with short dudes? How would it feel if some guy said he wouldn't date you because you were too tall? Too short. Too big boned. Too narrow-shouldered. Your eyes were too green. Your hair was too light. I mean... I understand preference, but seriously? I don't understand how anyone could be so shallow as to let a wonderful person slip through their fingers just because he was "too short."

I don't know. Maybe I'm biased.

Umm... I wouldnt care?
    Lol. His preference is HIS preference...
    There would be somebody out there that would like all those things about me. :drinker:
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    She didn't care, why should yòu?

AxlRose_KMazu_194634_600-de.jpg

Bcuz Im not her?
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    Because its only 1 inch, I say go for it, although it sucks when you wanna wear high heels... its up to you...if you don't wanna give up heels, then you need to be comfortable with you looking taller then him and not give a damn about our judgemental society!

Its not about society.
    I could care less what they think....
    If I did I wouldnt date black guys or be pansexual.

Its just something I was thinking about and was curious about others opinions.
  • gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Options
    I'm only 5'2 (and a half, ha ha) so if a guy is shorter than me...which is a very tough thing to be...nope. Sorry but no. I am very weird and prefer men who tower over me. I don't know why.
  • 2April
    2April Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    So ive met this guy who is totally cute.

Hes really sweet.

Hes in the Airforce (So he has a career).

He makes me laugh.

Ect ect...

BUT

I am only 5'3" so I already consider myself to be short AND he is only 5'2"... I know that its not much but its really kinda pushing it for me...

What about you ladies?!
    Short guys?!
    Are you attracted to him? Short isn't my preference but it would depend on the person.
  • gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Options
    I'm 5' exactly and I have never met a guy shorter than me!!!

If I did it just wouldn't work out:/ Who would get the **** out of the cabinets that I can't reach??

Exactly! This must be why I like the very tall men;)
  • SCVSarah
    SCVSarah Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Give him a chance. I also tend to date tall men, but height isn't everything. I wouldn't let a great man go just because he's an inch shorter than me. Rock your heels, who cares if he's shorter? The older I get the more important things like personality, how they treat me, career, etc. become and the less important things like height are. Worry about how he treats you and if you have a connection. In the grand scheme of things height is trivial.
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    I'm 5' exactly and I have never met a guy shorter than me!!!

If I did it just wouldn't work out:/ Who would get the **** out of the cabinets that I can't reach??

Exactly! This must be why I like the very tall men;)

Agreed. I already have to use a stool to reach my cupboards (they are so high in my apt) and if I have to give HIM a boost there is a problem. Hahahaah.