A bit of encouragement for those with lots to lose...

Options

Replies

• mom2gar
    mom2gar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post.
  • lar1218
    lar1218 Posts: 2
    Options
    That is so awesome!
  • bearjr30
    bearjr30 Posts: 19
    Options
    I am just starting my weight loss journey as well...I have a 5.2 frame..and about 300 pounds to loose..it does look pretty grim right now...but i am not giving up...i really dont want to have surgery. i want to take it one day at a time..and not push to hard focus on the eating right then when that is accomplished focus more on the exercise. I have been doing a low imapct aerobics with yourself fitness for playstation 2. I started at five minutes now i am up to 7 min 30 sec. i know it does not sound like much but i am a sit a whole lot..and i am not in a wheel chair..i wont let my self get to that point..And every little bit counts for something...in my opinion. i am staying on an 1800 calorie diet...which just starting on may 1 it has been very hard to not eat at night...because i am a night person anyways..but i am not giving up...and i hope no one else does either..i want to be a light for God and to others around me that with Gods help all things are possible...and loosing weight is no exception.
  • swatkins1c
    swatkins1c Posts: 48
    Options
    OH MY GOODNESS wow thats fantastic great job <3 i was 190 and it took me two years to get to 145. Did you go on a specific diet or exercise plan or just kinda do your own thing?
  • bearjr30
    bearjr30 Posts: 19
    Options
    my main goal is to fit comfortably in dr office seat..those stupid chairs that are made for small people..its very uninviting to someone my size. and i would love to do my fitness tape the whole 15 minutes...those are small goals that i am reaching for right now.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I am just starting my weight loss journey as well...I have a 5.2 frame..and about 300 pounds to loose..it does look pretty grim right now...but i am not giving up...i really dont want to have surgery. i want to take it one day at a time..and not push to hard focus on the eating right then when that is accomplished focus more on the exercise. I have been doing a low imapct aerobics with yourself fitness for playstation 2. I started at five minutes now i am up to 7 min 30 sec. i know it does not sound like much but i am a sit a whole lot..and i am not in a wheel chair..i wont let my self get to that point..And every little bit counts for something...in my opinion. i am staying on an 1800 calorie diet...which just starting on may 1 it has been very hard to not eat at night...because i am a night person anyways..but i am not giving up...and i hope no one else does either..i want to be a light for God and to others around me that with Gods help all things are possible...and loosing weight is no exception.
    You should be really proud of yourself for the improvement in endurance - at the beginning, it can be REALLY hard to move much. You will notice that it gets easier over time and soon you'll be blasting through those workouts.
  • jarrettfam
    jarrettfam Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • christenwypy
    christenwypy Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    THAT is AMAZING!
  • Hollyjd1019
    Hollyjd1019 Posts: 148
    Options
    Wow! You have done so well and you look amazing!! Thank you so much for posting! I have a lot to lose too so your story really inspires me. In fact, I teared up a little looking at your pics thinking about how it must feel when you finally reach your goals and then some. Thanks again and congrats!
  • fancythat42
    fancythat42 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow, so encouraging! Thanks for posting your progress and sharing your story.
  • bluecrush21
    Options
    wow, thats so amazing, I love the picture, youre a whole new person!! Very inspiring, thanks for sharing!!!
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    WOW! Unbelievable transformation. You are giving many of us hope that we can do it. Truly inspirational. Thank you so...so much for posting it.
  • busmombnh
    busmombnh Posts: 5
    Options
    Remarkable. Simply Remarkable. Thank you for sharing :)
  • sydneywb86
    sydneywb86 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That is amazing and such an inspiration! Thanks for posting!
  • Trinaw
    Trinaw Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wow That is amazing!! Such a great motivation!! Thanks for sharing. You look AMAZING!
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Did you (or anyone else here who has lost 100+ lbs) have problems with excess skin? I'm young and because of that everyone keeps telling me as I loose the skin will snap back, but this stuff has been stretched out for a looooooong time.
  • Vashawn001
    Vashawn001 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    that is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • angeleh8
    angeleh8 Posts: 15
    Options
    This made me so happy, like most people who lose weight only lose like 10-30 pounds and to see that someone lost as much as i want to makes me excited! Congrats!
  • Ilovejacks
    Ilovejacks Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I couldn't stop smiling!!!!!!Your amazing as is your Journey!!!!!!!!!You have to inspire sooooo many people!!!!Thank you!
  • shellrocker12
    shellrocker12 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Very encouraging- thank you for sharing your story. Blessings~
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!