Bump
  • nszocinski
    nszocinski Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    BTW - don't buy the Nook version of the book - the recipes are illegible due to some kind of problem with the fractions. I will be requesting a refund.

Yep.. I had the same problems!! I went and got the book from the library to copy the recipes. I didn't realize that you could get a refund from Nook. I'll definitely be asking for one now.

thanks.
  • shell3986
    shell3986 Posts: 98
    Options
    Bump, great post!
  • susieqa6699
    susieqa6699 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • StephL0711
    StephL0711 Posts: 141
    Options
    bump
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    Yeah I think this caloric measure is best for people who want to gain muscle mass while losing fat, which would make it seem like you're "maintaining" because the scale would stay around the same, but you're really getting stronger :) It makes for slow fat loss I think, which is definitely healthier in the end and better for a lifelong journey!

This is DEFINITELY what I've been seeing happen!

This Is what happened when I did the program :-) loved the results
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Very good info, thank you!
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lowbpoint
    lowbpoint Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i want this to be in my topics. so bump :D
  • tracek1ng
    tracek1ng Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    its been a while now since this was first posted. Are there any people out there that can say that eating this many cals per day actually works i.e. that they are losing weight each week?

Thanks
  • tracek1ng
    Options
    anybody? hmmm?
  • lowbpoint
    lowbpoint Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    it appears to me, and i could be wrong, that it is more for finding your calorie goal to maintain or lifting to build muscle, rather than lose.
  • Faerille326
    Faerille326 Posts: 39
    Options
    Thanks for posting this!

bump for later :)
  • tracek1ng
    Options
    it appears to me, and i could be wrong, that it is more for finding your calorie goal to maintain or lifting to build muscle, rather than lose.

Oh right i didn't read it like that at all?

I do kettlebells and was interested in the post and from what i read it was to lose weight if you done the math and deducted the 300 cals from the final figure - and it would result in a slow but progressive weekly weight loss ??? Very confused now!
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options

I do kettlebells and was interested in the post and from what i read it was to lose weight if you done the math and deducted the 300 cals from the final figure - and it would result in a slow but progressive weekly weight loss ??? Very confused now!

Trace - that is how I read it. Get your number, subtract 300 cals. The formula on this spreadsheet even suggests that...

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8OgAuIMlsG-TDRKd192c1A1Mkk
  • tracek1ng
    Options

Trace - that is how I read it. Get your number, subtract 300 cals. The formula on this spreadsheet even suggests that...

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8OgAuIMlsG-TDRKd192c1A1Mkk

Awww thanks Kel your a star ;o) x
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    It's for losing weight not for maintaining, the 300 cal deficit is for losing fat and not muscle. You will not lose weight as quickly but you will lose it.