Don't call me that!

Options

Replies

• HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I grew up Howard, everybody either called my by my last name (I went to high school with five Howards. I thought it was the most popular name on the planet.) or Howard. (Or Monchichi but that was because of my Rockin JewFro)

First day on my internship in radio in florida the show host goes. "There is only one Howard in Radio, you aint him."

I've been Howie ever since.
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    My name's Victoria, I HATE it when people call me Vicki. I was named after my Grandma, she goes by Vicki.

I go by Tori, some people call me Tor.
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Much prefer to be called by shortened or nick names. Its affectionate. My good friends in rl call me Ro, Rah or RoJ.

Additionally I'm very fond of being an SG :wink:
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Much prefer to be called by shortened or nick names. Its affectionate. My good friends in rl call me Ro, Rah or RoJ.

Isn't that a Shout in Skyrim?
  • rbs1985
    rbs1985 Posts: 7
    Options
    my name is Rosie and I hate being called Rose or Rosie Palmer and her 5 sisters. Rosie Red isnt so bad though.
  • shannairl
    shannairl Posts: 65
    Options
    Oooooh yes. Only another Sharon will know the feeling of disgust when someone calls her Shaz. I HATE IT. Thankfully, not many people do it. Some people say Shar, that doesn't bother me as much but it's still not my name....
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I call eachother babe. We don't say eachothers name unless we are in an argument and I HATE it. It makes whatever he's saying so much worse when he says it lol

I have a unique name and I get called all sorts of things by people. I usually don't mind unless they call me Xena warrior princess. My name is Cina.
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    My name is Jessica, I get called Jessie, Jess, and sometimes Jennifer. lol. I don't mind any of it but Jessie and Jess is what I got called as a kid so kinda feels weird sometimes to be called that as an adult.
    OMG....I get called Jennifer all the time! Everyone calls me Jess except my husband, he calls me Jessica.
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options

Isn't that a Shout in Skyrim?

Hahahaha that was my initial thought too!
  • SarLem81
    SarLem81 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have a few friends who call me Sar. It only confuses me because Sarah is pretty short already.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    my name is Quincy

people have called me
    Q-tip
    quinc
    quin
    and i hate it

I dont mind when people call me Q, infact its usually the people i look up to who call me that (my advisor, someone whos like a brother to me etc.)

I like being called

QD (my name is Quincy Dolores and 15 letters of a last name hahaha)
    and
    Qpea
    by my family members, or close friends. but i hate when people i dont like call me that.
    like come on, i dont change other peoples names around, just cuz mines crazy dosnt mean they should mess with it
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Never liked being called "Dave" the name is David. I have been this waay since I was a kid and as I got older I just learned to accept it rather than correct people. Whereas my brother prefers the Dan over Daniel or Danny.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Only really get annoyed with my co-worker when she shortens my name to Sher but its mainly because its HER. She is annoying! When she talks to the men she talks almost in a baby-talk voice. She calls our shipping manager Stevie when his proper name is Stephen. (I called my son Stevie until he was about 4, then called him Steven because he wasnt a baby anymore). AND she has this god awful habit of calling people "sweetie". I really REALLY hate when people who dont even KNOW me call me Sweetie and Hun and stuff like that. I just want to super glue her lips together!!!
  • leslieleet
    leslieleet Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    yea
    im a leslie and most people call me les which i hate because it sounds like a mans name.
  • judith3
    judith3 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My name is Judith and I have so many names people call me but its funny kus only certain people can call me them
    Mom and Dad and most older relatives call me Ale (middle name is Alejandra) but my friends never ever!
    Most my friends call me Judy or Judy Booty
    My Flyer (girl i tossed in the air in cheer) from high school along with maybe two other people call me Juju Beans
    My guy friend from high school calls me Gracelynn Joy
    And only my ex and sister are allowed to actually call me Judith (and teachers lol)
  • xHelloQuincyx
    Options
    I love my shortened name...I encourage everyone to call me Q. :wink:

thats so weird! i like being called Q too :]
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    My name is Amy and I hate it when people call me Aim. It just grates on my nerves. It's a toothpaste! Grrr!!
  • xHelloQuincyx
    Options
    Does anyone get weird reactions to their name?

My surname is Bowser so I've heard quite a lot of Mario Bros. jokes, and particularly since my partners parents have a dog called Mario, which his little brother found to be a hilarious coincidence.

On the other hand having the surname Bowser did get me a job at a game store (and my knowledge of gaming of course).

oh my gosh. i think im in love <3:love:
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Does anyone get weird reactions to their name?

My surname is Bowser so I've heard quite a lot of Mario Bros. jokes, and particularly since my partners parents have a dog called Mario, which his little brother found to be a hilarious coincidence.

On the other hand having the surname Bowser did get me a job at a game store (and my knowledge of gaming of course).

oh my gosh. i think im in love <3:love:

Haha, see that is the kind of reaction I do like!
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite. My name is Cynthia, but I hate it. I only answer to Cindy.