Don't call me that!

Options

Replies

• Superrhi
    Superrhi Posts: 84
    Options
    My names Rhianna i dont mind it shortend to Rhi or Ran but i cant stand it when people say RhiRhi.
    I tend to get a lot of 'Rihanna' jokes like at one point my nick name was umbrella. but now its more 'whats my name' i dont really mind them too much, its just when people get a bit ott about it.
    My last names funny aswell, because its a characters name on the tv show Red Dwarf. so i get a lot of people comment on it.
  • beccaguinness
    beccaguinness Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    my name's Rebecca, you can call me Rebecca, Becky, Bec, Bex but i am NOT a Becca! lol x
  • opal24
    opal24 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    My name is Christine - not Chris, Chrissie or any variation of those. I have four children and gave them multi-syllable names to go with a one syllable last name. Nicholas, Patrick, Timothy and Emily. They call themselves Nik, Pat, Tim and Em.......... can't win really!
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    My nickname is Suzie and I'm okay with my family calling me that. I guess I just hate it when people think my name is Lauren or Laurie.
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    My name is Lauren and I haaaaate being called Lozza. lmao. sound silly, but it's a typical aussie sort of nickname.

Darren - Dazza
    Sharon - Shazza
    Warren - Wozza
    Lauren - Lozza

Hate it. I also dislike being called Lorry unless dad is telling one of the dogs to 'go to Laurie'...something about the way dad says it in that context is nice, haha. My real nickname actually is Lolli (usually boyfriends love this one), or Lon to siblings. All my siblings nicknames take that form

Lauren - Lon
    Jenny - Jon
    Jeffrey - Joff
    then there's poor Kelsey, who we find it hilarious to call Kols. hahaha!
  • kirstand
    kirstand Posts: 76
    Options
    i'm kirsty...my good friends sometimes call me kirst, which is ok with me...but some get my name totally wrong (un-intentionally) and call me kirtsy!!!! also my neighbour of 10years still calls me kristy or even kirsten some of the time...
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    My first name is Paul, which is hard to shorten, but the middle name I was born with was John. Used to get called PJ, which I hated so much, I had my middle name legally removed as soon as I graduated from college. Literally spent my first paycheque changing my name, hated it that much.
  • AmandaPandah
    AmandaPandah Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I hate being called Amy.

I'm usually called Amanda or Ritz though. (My last name is Ritzman, haha) Ritz is pretty cool!
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    My names Emma, so its kind of short enough as it is - don't really like it shortened, but the only people I'll accept it from are my parents or family members - my other thalf just calls me Emma Woo, Emsa Wemsa, Touble, Shorty!!

The other names I can't stand are hun,babe etc
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    My full name is Amerette. It is a mouth full and I have only been called that when I've been in trouble when I was younger. Everyone just calls me Ami.
  • gammybear
    gammybear Posts: 19
    Options
    My name is Brenda and friends used to call me Bree- that was fine, now that I am a grandmother everyone calls me gammy even my boyfriend, but when my dad calls me that it's a little strange-lol.Now I have three granddaughters and when I am in a playful mood I call them Lucy, Mable and Gracie, which is nowhere near Katherine, Jewels or Krystal.But when anyone gets in trouble it's first and middle name.
  • dreamsdisarmed
    dreamsdisarmed Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My name is just three letters and two syllables (Moa, Swedish name...) so shortening it is pretty much impossible. In sixth grade some people tried calling me "Mo", but that is just so ridiculously ugly that it never stuck. Besides, any nickname that's less than two syllables sounds really strange in Swedish, so if nicknames are made, they're usually the first syllable of a name plus -a, -is, -an or -e.
  • rnctipton
    rnctipton Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Sooo...my name is Corinne (pronounced Coreen) and once (only once) someone tried calling me Coco...No Way! I always get called (Corin) and even Connie. Hate it! I've learned to live with the incorrect pronounciation since other Corinne's are pronounced Corin, but Connie?? Really? Can't you read?
  • Cuddlebug12
    Cuddlebug12 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I prefer my name shortened... I think being called Pamela is too grown up for me and I think Im in trouble
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Don't call me Jennifer...it's not my name.
  • Ravenesque_
    Ravenesque_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I like to be called Ark.

No other variant acceptable.
  • jcnuebel
    jcnuebel Posts: 19
    Options
    My parents hated the idea of people shortening our names so called their kids Mary, Keith & Jill.
    Difficult to shorten them you would think??
    Dad used to call us, in order, Daisy, Cloth-ears & Jillikins!!

I'm a Jillikins too!!! I love it, it reminds me of my grandparents. My daughter is Kate, I call her Katiekins!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    My name is Susan, but I actually prefer Sue. Susan is an ugly name.

My son's name is Daniel, and I would never think of calling him Dan or Danny, but I call my daughter, Lillian, Lily. I have no idea why I chose to use one name over another.
  • deaddivya
    deaddivya Posts: 102
    Options
    I'm called Divya, there isn't really a short form of it. Some people call me Deedee, but that's just ridiculous, it's not even close to my name.
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    People call me Ash all the time, but unless you're a close friend or family member, it's ASHLEE, not ASH! I'm not the stuff that falls off of your nasty cigarette or the stuff that attaches to your hotdog over the campfire. I get called Crash too, but that's more funny than irritating (there's an inside joke with it).

I don't like pet names from my boyfriend, either, and he knows it. We both avoid using them other than beautiful or handsome.