Show me your breakfast! (Under 400 cal)

Options

Replies

• stickwithme
    stickwithme Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    1. Capuccino or tea and a smallish Danish
    2. Soya milk capuccio with porridge made from any whole grain (millet, oats, rice, spelt) sweetened with raisins
    3. Soya milk capuccio with a couple of slices of buttered toast/bread and jam/marmalade

I find breakfast the easiest meal to deal with. I love breakfast! I find porridges keep me going for longer, whereas if I have a danish or bread I'm feeling seriously hungry again by mid morning.
  • wingednotes
    wingednotes Posts: 279
    Options
    The WW broccoli quiche looks really good.
    2 teaspoons of olive oil to saute onions, garlic, and broccoli.
    mix 2 eggs and an egg white with 1/4 cup fat free sour cream and 3/4 cup fat free evap milk (and some salt and pepper)
    roll out a ready made pie crust into a pyrex and sprinkle 1/2 cup of swiss cheese (shredded) on the bottom.
    pour in the veggie mixture and the egg mixture. Top with tomato slices - and 1 tablespoon of parm cheese, and a teaspoon of thyme.
    Bake 40 minutes and let sit for 10 before eating.
    215 cals for 1/8 of quiche.
    Here it is in the oven cooking and bubbling away :)
    e3c4376a977711e1a92a1231381b6f02_7.jpg
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Sunday morning breakfast - Bacon, onion & cheese quiche cups, mandarin oranges & kiwi

DSCN0307.jpg?t=1336310781

Quiche cups recipe (I made basically made this up.) -
    Ingredients
    1.5 cup liquid egg whites
    2 Large eggs
    3 strips microwave bacon
    Kraft Fat Free Shredded Cheddar Cheese, 0.5 cup
    Onions,.25 cup, chopped
    Green onion, 1, chopped
    Fat Free Half & Half, 4 tbsp

Directions

1. Cook bacon per directions and chop.
    2. Saute onions until soft.
    3. Mix eggs, egg whites, cheese and half & half.
    4. Add onions and bacon to egg mixture.
    5. Spray muffin tin with pan spray. Pour mixture into cups.
    6. Cook 15-20 minutes on 350 degrees until done.
    7. Enjoy!

Serving Size: makes 8; 54 calories/1.9 g fat/2 g carb/6.3 g protein each cup
  • sportsmom0204
    Options
    Strawberry-Banana Split (yep!)

1 large banana, sliced
    2 medium strawberries, sliced
    2 tblsp Yoplait Light Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt
    1 tblsp Sugar free Hershey's Chocolate Syrup
    2 tblsp Grape nuts

Put sliced bananas on a plate. Add strawberries, yogurt and drizzle chocolate syrup. Sprinkle grape nuts over the top. ENJOY!!!

200 calories.
  • Salasel
    Salasel Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    A small container of Greek yogurt and a Naked smoothie.
  • Evafalegna
    Evafalegna Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    2 egg white omelet with 1 tbsp. salsa mixed in and a very small amount of shredded fine cheese and 1/2 cup fresh fruit (I love pineapple with this)
  • phyllismclaughlin
    phyllismclaughlin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I eat a Thomas English muffin 100 calories and about a tablespoon of peanut butter, a glass of skim milk, and a piece of fruit.
  • Sadie1982
    Sadie1982 Posts: 2
    Options
    In a sweet mood, I have a pot of 0% greek yoghurt, chopped up pear, teaspoon of cinnamon and 2 teaspoons of sweetener all mixed up alongside one piece of Melmerby Village Bakery seeded rye bread spread with Stute blackcurrant sugar free jam and some quark and a cup of tea. These are all UK brands, by the way. Altogether 265 calories.

In a savoury mood, I have two pieces of the same rye bread, a poached egg, 250g chestnut mushrooms and 125g of plum cherry tomatoes, dry fried together in a pan with salt and pepper and a coffee. Follow this with a banana. Altogether 355 calories. (minus 105 calories if you leave out the banana)

Both completely delicious and extraordinarily filling. Sometimes, at weekend I buy Sainsbury's Be Good To Yourself Bacon Medallions which are only 18 calories each if you grill them, and add a couple of those into my savoury breakfast.
  • kriztyn723
    kriztyn723 Posts: 57
    Options
    I usually have a meal replacement shake (called Idealshape). It's packed with protein and vitamins and keeps me full most of my morning until lunch.

Other than that, I will make my own 1 scrambled egg, with a slice of american cheese on a 100 cal english muffin, yum!
  • sarasmile144
    sarasmile144 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Old fashioned oatmeal, 1/4 c. vanilla silk, 1 packet stevia, cinnamon, 1 tsp. flax seed, 1/4 c. raisins, and sliced strawberries :)
  • rachelelizabeth88
    rachelelizabeth88 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I usually have greek yogurt with chia seeds fruit and PB2 or oatmeal-- somewhat in the same way lol usually oatmeal when I go on long runs in the morning and yogurt when I don't lol the fruit is always blueberries or lately a pear.. only cause i'm allergic to bananas lol
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    I have high fiber cereal, greek yogurt and fruit . Comes out above 400 calories but breakfast is my most important meal as it provides fuel for my workout a couple hours later :D

great minds think alike :) this is probably my favorite breakfast. and it hits almost all my fiber for the day.
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    break5312.jpg
  • NorseMaiden
    NorseMaiden Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Brownberry - Premium Italian Bread, 1 slice 80 15 3 4 6
    Better Oats - Mmm... Muffins Old Fashioned Instant Oatmeal (Blueberry), 1 Pouch (43g) 160 32 4 10 20
    Smucker's - Double Fruit Raspberry Jam, 1 tbsp (15 mL) 30 7 0 0 0
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    30g of Granola with dried tropical fruit, 20g of linseed and 30g of greek yoghurt.

Around 340 calories and keeps me going for HOURS.
  • EbonySD
    EbonySD Posts: 142
    Options
    1 cup egg beaters
    1 cup spinich
    1/2 tomato
    1/2 cup mushrooms
    1/2 cup red onion

topped with 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese & 1 tablespoon of salsa

260 calories
  • SummerLovesPhil
    SummerLovesPhil Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    On mornings when I have to get to the office without breakfast, I drink a Fruitein exotic red fruit shake and then eat an orange at my desk, and I must say that's great for energy. This morning, I had graham crackers with almond butter and a banana.
  • southernsweetie1978
    southernsweetie1978 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    mission whole wheat flour tortilla, 1 Tbls peanut butter and a banana rolled up...YUM!
    Sticks till lunch. I tried it with the 1/3 less fat Laughing COw strawberry cream cheese spread also. Liked the peanut butter better.

Where can you find the Laughing Cow Cream Cheese spreads?
  • souperficial
    souperficial Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I like to make a breakfast sandwich out of a sandwich thin, egg whites, turkey bacon, some spinach, and one of those babybel cheese rounds. And then I throw some fruit in there. I want to say the sandwich is around 250-300 depending on the toppings.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is my go to. A lot of the time I'll just use the instant packets that are pre-flavored and add some fruit or nuts. Days I'm feeling more ambition I might make plain oatmeal and flavor it myself. I also love making a big pan of baked oatmeal and eating off it for a few days. I've been experimenting with making baked oatmeal in the microwave too. Basically I add an egg, a little milk, some baking powder, and what ever other ingredients and then nuke for two minutes. It's not half bad, and I like that I get some protein in from the egg.

Other good breakfasts are pancakes (oatmeal, protein, etc), whole grain waffles with some peanut butter and fruits, greek yogurt and fruit with granola etc. I'm not big on savory breakfasts, so I eat eggs and the like very infrequently for breakfast. This morning I have some honey nut cheerios with almond milk, blueberries, and a banana and it was delicious.