please take a shower before coming in da gym..ugghh!!

Options

Replies

• Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    lol..i see there are some nasty people here..smh..i work out..sweat like hell..and dont smell anything but my degree deodorant..washing up before working out really keeps down the odor unless ur jus a funky person..

There are plenty of people who get smelly when they sweat profusely regardless of deodorant usage. It's a genetic thing. Are you saying everyone with less than stellar sweat genetics is "funky"?

Also, do you put deodorant everywhere? Most people sweat in more places than their armpits.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    You must not workout hard enough..
  • REET420
    REET420 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I so understand you! But you know what's worse?? Imagine a crowded strength training class... I came in a little late and got the only remaining spot, behind a girl with suuuuper tight yoga pants (and by super tight I mean, could see every mole on her *kitten* every time she moved and her slightly torn thong). Also she was all wet from a previous workout and smelled pretty awful as do a lot of us after workouts... Every time we bent down or did squats, not only did I have her *kitten* in my face, I had to smell the godawful smell... Since then, I do NOT like yoga pants..

ewww. I have trained with people who don't wash and their gi smells like *kitten* sweat. It's really gross when you get traingled by someone and their balls smell through their gi they are right under my nose as I am struggling for air.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    sorry sum 1 at da gym stnk.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    please learn to spell. Lol.

Of course they stink, they are at the gym working out! Who the hell showers BEFORE working out?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    You should smell my feet right now.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    sorry sum 1 at da gym stnk.

aint dat da truf...
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    no i dont put deodorant everywhere..its called soap and water..lol..ladies and gents..if uv been wearing the same panties or boxers all day and then go in a gym to sweat..whatever smell that have accumulated down there will create an funky aroma thats NOT pleasant to others..lol...this ish is trippin me out..the world is full of funksters!!
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Shower? But it ain't even Sundy yet.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    my gym stinks and I stink with it. I shower when I'm funky but my desk job does not generate a sweaty environment in the crotchal region.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    lol..i see there are some nasty people here..smh..i work out..sweat like hell..and dont smell anything but my degree deodorant..washing up before working out really keeps down the odor unless ur jus a funky person..

There are plenty of people who get smelly when they sweat profusely regardless of deodorant usage. It's a genetic thing. Are you saying everyone with less than stellar sweat genetics is "funky"?

Also, do you put deodorant everywhere? Most people sweat in more places than their armpits.

Yup.
    Now, if someone walked into a tea cottage smelling like that, then I'd understand the complaint.
  • Contrarian
    Options
    no i dont put deodorant everywhere..its called soap and water..lol..ladies and gents..if uv been wearing the same panties are boxers all day and then go in a gym to sweat..whatever smell that have accumulated down there will create an funky aroma thats NOT pleasant to others..lol...this ish is trippin me out..the world is full of funksters!!

Panties are boxers? Why did no one tell me this before! I thought they were different. :angry:
  • CandaceyD
    CandaceyD Posts: 74
    Options
    That makes no sense. I mean, you're going to stink shortly anyway. I guess i understand if a certain area is what you were smelling but otherwise, you're being a little too judgmental there. If you're not sweaty after a workout, you're doing something wrong. I never really notice the smells until i step outside the gym/workout room. Then i realize that we all stink.
  • M1chelles5
    M1chelles5 Posts: 107
    Options
    Whats wrong w/soap and water...hell no I'm washing up before AND after!
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    :

u must be one of da funky ones..lol :laugh:
  • YoungDoc2B
    Options
    It's going to get sweaty down there regardless of whether or not you shower before going to the gym. The pubic area is one of the most active regions of perspiration due to it's high content of sweat glands..
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    You should smell my feet right now.

Mine too.
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    please learn to spell. Lol.

Of course they stink, they are at the gym working out! Who the hell showers BEFORE working out?

i do..lol.. :laugh:
  • Contrarian
    Options
    I was raised to conserve water. There are too many people in the world who go without it for me to waste it by taking a shower only to avoid offending your delicate sensibilities. I don't run the water when I brush my teeth and I am certainly not going to shower 3 times a day because I sweat at the ****ing gym.

Let's not be silly, here.
  • YoungDoc2B
    Options
    :

u must be one of da funky ones..lol :laugh:

Naw...I stay fresh, baby.
This discussion has been closed.