2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Replies

• thinktank32k
    thinktank32k Posts: 716
    Thanks everyone.

Today was my 6/7 with 4.25 mile run/walk. Wasn't really feeling 100% which made it hard to run. So I did the best I can.

I am going to try that Workout on the dreadmill because I really could use help me with my speed. I have the endurance but man, I am like a put put some days.

Verda maybe after the summer I will try JM revolution. I told myself no more commitments, I am going to enjoy the new hubbie for 2 months before returning to wotk.

Great work Heather. Definitely an inspiration after giving birth and you are leaving me in the dust lol

Everyone have a great Saturday
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    3/7 Thurs with 25 min outside and 15 of the firm
    4/7 Fri with 5.1 miles walking outside. These walks are hard on my pelvis for some reason. I was playing with my niece the other day doing squats. The next day I found out you can out squat a 2 year old but you'll pay for it the next day!!

Thinktank - a ten. You are a perfect 10 dear, no altering necesary
    Heather- I am agreeing with Debra. I are doing amazingly well after giving birth
    Debra - Awesome calorie burn!!
    Verda- How long is JM revolution
    Choco- glad to see you back

You guys rock!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Ivy, not YOU guys rock it is "We" ROCK, THAT IS "you" INCLUDED!!! bY THE WAY jmbr IS 1/2 HR WORKOUTS!!! love it !

MY 6/7 was JMBR phase 1 WORKOUT 4 and two 20 minute kickboxing workouts plus some extra abs and such! I am NOT losing ANY weight with all this EXTRA either!:grumble: I will measure again next week to see if there are inches disappearing!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    good morning friends...as of now I am 5/7...and getting ready to pack for a weekend tournament in baseball. I have time to workout before we go.. but my calves are so tight... I am thinking about just warming up and doing some stretches. THat might changed after this cup of coffee... I will for sure try to walk in between games.
    Heather.. Thank You for trying out that workout... and I am glad you liked it. I have it on my calendar for Sunday again.. :)
    Ivy... haha on the squatting of the 2 year old.... AND SO GREAT THAT YOU ARE SHARING FITNESS WITH HER! Opps...got a little excited there...didn't mean to shout! :wink:
    Verda... you have to be firming up... right? I am sorry friend about the stupid scale... I totally understand...seriously, stupid, stupid hormones.....
    Thinktank... I am sorry if you posted it ...and I missed it, but when is your special day?? How exciting! I remember the days leading up to my special day...so much work involved.... goodness...get a massage... you deserve it!
    CHoco... how are you???
    Have a great weekend... will post when I can.. I will be coming and going the next couple days.....
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • thinktank32k
    Good morning everyone,
    I am 7/7 this morning with a walk (not run) with the stroller. I just said not today. So we walked until it was too hot which was about 9:15 am. I am going to try for another workout this evening.

The big day is JUNE 9. Woohoo!!! We will be getting married in Mexico, and spend a few additional days there with another couple who got married in March
  • thinktank32k
    Hello out there No one is home.

Ok I did a second workout 1 mile elliptical and 11 miles cycling. That gives me 15 miles for the day.
  • makeitallsue
    Good morning everyone,
    I am 7/7 this morning with a walk (not run) with the stroller. I just said not today. So we walked until it was too hot which was about 9:15 am. I am going to try for another workout this evening.

The big day is JUNE 9. Woohoo!!! We will be getting married in Mexico, and spend a few additional days there with another couple who got married in March

My birthday is June 7.... close :heart: :bigsmile:

Way to get 2 workouts in today!!!! You put me to shame.... only a small walk inbetween games for me/// we did not play so well... back tomorrow early, 8 am game.. we can't lose tomorrow or we are out... I hope you don't hear from me until evening!
  • thinktank32k
    Good luck with the game and any exercise is good exercise. I will be leaving for Mexico on your Birthday.

I begin the week off with 1/7. Left the house early 6:30 am to get a jump on the heat. With my stroller mate, my nephew we managed 6.23 miles before the heat. I burned a whopping 1007 calories. I dont think I need an additional workout today. But knowing me, it is possible.

Happy Sunday everyone.
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Hey ladies! Hope you've all had a good weekend! I took yesterday off--I just needed a break! I'm 1/7 today with a 4 mile run on the treadmill at 6mph plus warm up and cool down walk. Woo hoo!!! I can feel my endurance improving every time I run!

Oops, sounds like the baby is waking up, so better run! Keep up the fabulous work everyone!
  • vhuber
    Great job Heather! I too took yesterday off. I needed it all the way around!!

Today 1/7 was a 3.25 mile walk on the TM while watching Are You smarter than a 5th grader? NO I am NOT!!!
  • thinktank32k
    Great job Heather.

I think I might be addicted to running. I was out my house at 4:30 to meet the running group at 4:45 for a 5 am take off. Humm!!! I never get out the house that early. Ran my 3 miles, made it home, and to work. And surprisingly I am not tired. Might have to try that again lol
  • makeitallsue
    Awesome everyone!
    Thinktank.. I am not feeling very well at all today, really had to force myself to get some yoga in. I feel pretty lazy now knowing you got up so early, ran and went to work....

1/7 with yogini for me today.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    1/7 2.4 miles so far.
  • vhuber
    Boy I must have needed the break this weekend cuz today I got after it!
    Pushed play on my dvd player at 5 a.m. and nothing... so I messed around with it for sometime and just gave up, I hopped on the TM for a quick mile cuz that was about all the time I had left!. I hate it when that happens especially when I am not quite awake! After work I had an upset stomach so I layed around for awhile and finally decided to get after and get after it I did! We had 60+ mph winds yesterday causing power surges so I figured if I shut everything down on the TV/dvd player and restart everything it may work and it did! SO I did my Jillian BR workout that I was to do at 5 a.m., ran another 4.25 miles on the TM and did a cool down ride on my bike for another mile. I burned 796 calories in my gettin after it today! I think I'm good for 2/7!!:wink:
  • makeitallsue
    I
  • wanna_be_fit
    You guys are KILLING it!!!

Debra--way to get the yoga in despite not feeling well!
    Ivy--great job on putting the miles in
    Verda--I think that your nickname should be "the beast"!
    Thinktank--that is AMAZING getting out for a 5am run. I'd like to train for a half marathon and think that joining a running group would be the best way to train, and once I go back to work the early mornings will be the only option. Hmmm....may have to look into that craziness.

My 2/7 today was a 5K run in my neighborhood in 33 minutes (pretty hilly, yuck!) plus warm up and cool down walk. I much prefer running on my treadmill, but I know training outdoors with the hills is what I need--but it makes me realize how out of shape I am. But I know with consistent training I'll get better and get faster!!!
  • thinktank32k
    Ok for starters, I should introduce myself with my name been here long enough it's AILA pronounced eye la or as my fiance says i love lol. Ok moving on

Debra hope you are feeling better
    Heather you are doing awesome. You are definitely a motivator for me. I am going to keep pushing. My short term summer goal will be to get my 3 miles to 35 minutes.

Verda you are rocking your workouts.

For me this is my 3/7. I did 1.5 on the elliptical, 6 miles on the bike and 2.6 mile walk on the dreadmill. With that being said I hardly burned any calories around 527. If I was running those miles I would have had some killer calories. Hey I guess that's what happens when you improve your health.
    Everyone have a good night and a happy morning
  • makeitallsue
    Hey friends...
    Aila... love that name!! Thanks for asking.. I am feeling better.great work out for you today... I miss my bike....

2/7 for me... I hit the treadmill, was just goign to speed walk, but endding up with some running thrown in too... was keeping a 10 min mile pace..felt pretty good. The dog wanted out to I jumped off treadmill and went outdoors and did some jumpping jacks, push ups and tri dips around the tree house... then I ran 2 laps around our field... the ones I usually take my grandsons on.. it is a steap hill on one part.... I forgot my HR monitor... so I am going with what MPF says... but I was working it pretty hard..so it might of been a few more calories!

Heather... I would say that is a pretty awesome time for a hilly 5k! Great job... you must still be feeling great... I was worried after a couple weeks.. that yo might get hit with some exhaustion... but no.... your just an animal....
    haha... Like Verda!! What did you do today my friend? I am sure you brought it!!
    Hey Ivy... hope you brought it today too!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Ah, you guys are too nice--and trust me, you ALL are my inspiration. Days that I'm just feeling lazy and don't need a break but don't feel like working out I just think about all the wonderful ladies on this thread and that usually gives me the motivation to get a workout in!

Aila--love the name! And a 35 min 3 mile run is totally obtainable for you--I know you can do it! I definitely am going to be working on speed and hill work in the coming months--just gotta get through this 5K next weekend!
    Debra--I love how you mix it up and can jump off the treadmill (nice run, by the way!) and go out and do tricep dips, etc. For me, if I have a workout that is interrupted I just give up on it, but you keep going!!!
    Ivy and Verda, keep up the fab work.

Hope you all have a wonderful night! I'm hoping to do Debra's shape speed/hill treadmill interval workout tomorrow, will keep you posted! :)
  • vhuber
    GOOD JOB LADIES!!! YOU ALL ARE DOING AWESOME!! Must be the spring weather!!

3/7 was a 5 a.m. workout with Jillian and after that it was a busy day. I worked most of the day then drove one way 90 miles for a dr visit (yearly),was there for an 1.5 hrs, had dinner with DH and drove back home! Got home and it was too early to go to bed and even though I felt exhausted I took my pooches for a 2.75 mile speed walk! I am ready for bed and I pray I sleep most of the night, damn hot flashes & carpel tunnel wake me alot!