2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Replies

• wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Great job Verda!! And wow--you must really like your doctor to drive 90 miles to see him/her! I always feel bad when my patients travel long distances to see me, but I'm one of just a handful of physicians in my subspecialty in the state, so I guess they don't have a choice!

My 3/7 this morning was a run on the treadmill with some speed work. Now I'm gonna go check on my munchkin who sounds like he's waking up. Hope you guys have a great day!!!
  • thinktank32k
    thinktank32k Posts: 716
    quick entry today 3 miles this morning.

Hope everyone is having a terrific Hump Day
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Heather, remember I live in RURAL Montana! I drive almost 30 miles for a gallon of milk!:laugh: :laugh: Plus that far for my job!

My 4/7 was 15 miles on my bike (it was a BEAUTIFUL 77*) with upper,lower and ab work!!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Hey... friends.. making it in here late tonight! 3/7 with a speed walk thru our woods and then 2 miles up the road and back... it was a very nice day here today... but while I was walking a little rain cloud came over me..haha, rained for about 5 minutes and then the sun came back out... I thought that was kinda neat???? I know I am a silly one!
    Went to a track night tonight and I ran into my cousin whom just had a baby,..... Heather I thought of you and your adorable little new born... babies sure are precious ..so tiny, I love little hands and feet :bigsmile:

Verda... you poor thing, what a drive. I need to get in for my yearIy I have been puttin it off...:ohwell: I didnt realize you drove so far for work... they are so lucky to have you!

Hey Aila.... hope your day is great too.....

IVY???? Where are you sweet Ivy????
    Need to go log the food....my least favorite...and a little late now if I did go over :laugh: :laugh: , but I am making myself do it!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    2/7Tues walking outside and 15 min of the firm.
    3/7Wed 2 miles with leslie and walking on break
    4/7 working on it 6 min so far 2 of jogging. They say if you jog an hour a week it is good for heart health. I figure that is 12 min per day five days a week. LOL!
  • ivykivy
    4/7 4 miles with leslie 11 min on treadmill only 4 jogging.
  • ivykivy
    5/7 2.5 miles before 10 am Woohoo. I am not a morning girl...

Hope everyone has a happy friday!
  • wanna_be_fit
    4/7 yesterday with 1.7 mile job plus walking, both pushing the stroller. Thank goodness my parents live in a flat area!
    5/7 this morning with a 3.4 mile job in 34:30 plus warmup and cooldown walk. I was feeling like I was going really slow b/c I thought the route was only 3 miles, so I was pleased to find out it is a 3.4 mile route when I checked it on runkeeper.com. That made me feel much better!!

Probably will take tomorrow off to recover from 3 days of outdoor running. Will likely get a nice jog in on Sunday on my treadmill when we get back home.

Hope you guys have a great weekend and a Happy Mother's Day to all the mommas if I don't get a chance to check back in before Sunday! Keep going strong you fabulous ladies!!!
  • thinktank32k
    Yesterday I was 5/7 with a 3 mile morning run
  • wanna_be_fit
    Okay, I lied--I didn't end up taking today off! We were supposed to go out to dinner last night, but plans changed so we're going out tonight, and I definitely wanted a little more of a calorie cushion! :) So today I'm 6/7 with a 3.4 mile run in my parents neighborhood in 36 minutes, plus 9 min w/u and c/d walking. My pace was a little slower today, around 5.7 mph, but it was more comfortable. I am definitely taking tomorrow off, because running outdoors 4 days in a row has made me a little sore.

Keep up the good work ladies, and Happy Mother's Day weekend!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • vhuber
    Things have been VERY hectic here!

Thursday: 5/7 with a 5 a.m. Jillian Michaels workout.
    Friday: 6/7 with a 5 a.m. Jillian Michaels workout and a 3.25 mile walk pushing my 5 yr old GS!
    Sat: is my day off but took the furries for a 1 mile potty stroll and will more than likely take them again. So that will be a 7/7. They are on chains due to the neighbors dog is in heat! PLEASE people take care of your pets! I have males and they are "fixed" but they do not seem to know that so they still want to try!! Oh lord they do some whining!!!

Happy moms day ladies!!!
  • thinktank32k
    Happy Mother's DAY Everyone.

Yesterday I was 7/7 with 23 miles cycling and 3.1 mile walk in the evening. I managed to make my 1000 calorie burn yesterday. I am headed out to the gym, No outdoor running today, a little wet out there,

Any suggestions for knee discomfort? It is not painful I just noticed it after I started increasing mileage and working on speed.
  • thinktank32k
    Happy Mother's Day Again.

I am 1/7 today with 16 miles of cardio. My caves are fatigued and my knees are hurting a little. I have the heating pad on them, hoping they feel alot better before tomorrow.
  • vhuber
    Maybe give them some ice and a day of rest thinktank!!!!

My 1/7 was a 3 mile speed walk with the furries!
  • jl20whyd
    jl20whyd Posts: 79 Member
    Hey all, I stumbled across this today. I was wondering if I can join? I typically workout 6 days a week but there have been "off" weeks and its clear you guys really push each other, which would be helpful. A little about myself...I have two daughters ages 3 and 6 and want to lose all the excess weight I have now to have another child in a healthy manner.

I wiegh in every monday and so today, Sunday, would be my 6/7 with full body aerobic workout. If you guys have a different beginning of the week let me know.

Good luck to everyone in this upcoming week!
  • makeitallsue
    Welcome jl20.... our start day for the week are SUndays.... but post away and good luck with your goals!!!

Friends.... I fell off radar hard! I have seriously watched what I have eaten... but for the last 3 days no... "sweat it out, kill my tush" workouts... forheavens sakes... I have just packed coolers and ran from place to place.... good news, 2 wins in baseball and my son finished 5th in the 200m out of 20, from 8 different schools..for our end of the year conference.... Track is officially over..shew, just baseball to deal with now....
    heading out to mow today and I plan on some squats, push ups and tri dips...while outdoors... will get back with you later...

Hope you all had a wonderful mother's day... I had my grandchildren over....and it was my son's 14th birthday...so mine was pretty darn special!
  • jl20whyd
    jl20whyd Posts: 79 Member
    Thank you for the welcome. I had my 2/7 today with a short, but intense, cardio workout. Plan to have a longer full body one tomorrow. Hope everyone had a happy Monday!
  • vhuber
    Welcome to the group jl20whyd!!!

I am exhausted tonite! Only had a good 3 hours of sleep last night!:grumble: On the road by 6:30 a.m. and got home at 6:30 p.m..
    Had some dental work done today (2 hours round trip with 2 hours in the office):grumble: ! Did not feel like working out but I am home lone tonite :love: so I earned my 2/7 with My Jillian Micahaels BODY REV workout 5 and then I needed extra for another challenge so I did her Kettlebell workout too!!! Now that I logged in for today i am taking the pooches for their potty stroll and then I am off to bed! Night!!!
  • thinktank32k
    Hello ladies, This is my Monday log 2/7 with a 5k run with the group, my time was 37:30. Not tooooo bad, but I am working on it. Today not sure what the workout will be but there will be one.

Hope everyone is having a Tremendous Tuesday
  • makeitallsue
    boo-hoo.... I haven't had time to catch up... hope you are all well.
    elliptical for me today and mowing yesterday and today (push mow)///off to another game tonight as last night and tomorrow night and thursday night and friday night... off saturday but have to go for physicals, then a game sunday afternoon...goodness!
    hope everyone is well!!