Show me your breakfast! (Under 400 cal)

Options

Replies

• kjnmomma
    kjnmomma Posts: 7
    Options
    Usually I do an 8oz glass of 2% milk with a scoop of vanilla whey protein and that adds up to 240 calories. I do an apple or orange with that. I sometimes do a half cup of oatmeal with apple diced and sauted with light butter. I add cinnamon to that with a little bit of stevia and/or honey. I realize that I have been going way over my limit on calories. Now it is time to buckle down and get serious. I am going to take note from everyone else on here on their recipes.
  • DaSavedSinner
    DaSavedSinner Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Usually Egg Whites ( I separate my own not cartoon) whisked with some seasoning (mrs dash is my favorite, but sometimes other things like the grilling blends and such). I heat a skillet on Med/high using Parkay butter Spray (0cal) or 0 cal nonstick spray then pouring a small amount of the eggs at a time. I do it in about 3-4 sets that way i can swirl the skillet around to cook the eggs quicker, thinnner, but it sorta tricks you into thinking your eating more than you are.

I also will do protein smoothies instead. I make two ways. 1 vanilla or choc whey protein (1 serv), frozen mixed berries (straw, blue, black, rasp, ect) and sometimes a fresh or frozen banana.
    The 2nd way is only slightly different. Instead of the whey powder I use 1 or 2 servings of PASTURIZED(safe to eat raw) CARTOON egg whites with sucralose (i use about 2-3 drops of liquid) and about 1/4 tsp of imitation vanilla extract.
  • reighvin
    reighvin Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Oscar Mayer - Precooked Bacon, 2 slices (35 Calories)
    Ore-Ida - Country Style Hashbrowns, 1 1/4 cup (70 Calories)
    Egg Beaters - Egg Beaters Southwestern Style, 1/2 Cup (60 Calories)
    Rojo's - Fresh Cut Salsa - Restaurant Style - Medium, 2 tbsp (10 Calories)

You can use any salsa you want. I prefer the ones that are chunkier. Mix it with the Egg Beaters and scramble them up.
    When I cook the hashbrowns, I cook them with only a non-stick spray.

Season however you like. Hot sauce is one of my favorites.

Quick, easy, filling, tasty, and only 175 calories for the meal.
  • peggymenard
    peggymenard Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    This a.m.

1/2 C greek, plain, no fat yogurt
    1 tsp ground flax seed
    1 pkg Stevia
    Mixed all together and topped with 1/2 C mixed fresh fruit
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    1 full egg mixed with 2 egg whites, a cup of sliced mushrooms and 60g grated cheddar made in to an omlette - 380 Calories - REALLY filling, stays with me for hours!

I do the same thing except green peppers instead of mushrooms.
  • StephySands
    StephySands Posts: 53
    Options
    Bump
  • coolbluecris
    coolbluecris Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Sour dough wholewheat toast, then in a bowl I mash half an avocado with a boiled egg. Mix with some mineral sea salt, spread on the toast. Yum.
  • shannairl
    shannairl Posts: 65
    Options
    Ooh, I like my eggs. Today, I had 2 medium scrambled eggs made with skimmed milk with one bacon rasher chopped through, two pieces of 48cal wholemeal bread, 10g of extra light spread, and a cup of green tea with lemon. YUM. (379)
  • KingofdaBean
    KingofdaBean Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    my favorite breakfast is a spinach, feta, and egg ommlette. 168 Calories

sauteed spinach in tablespoon of olive oil
    1 whole egg plus 2 egg whites
    and fat free feta cheese

Sometimes I'll add turkey if I have it for extra protein
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I'd love to know what you guys make for breakfast in the mornings! I feel like I'm in a funk...I usually always eat my hot oat bran cereal with a banana or cereal with a banana. Inspire me!

Thanks!

I can't show you mine because I eat about half my daily allotment of calories in the AM, but I can show you what I make for my fiancee every morning.

Microwaved egg beaters (two blasts at a minute each usually does the trick)
    Handful of spinach (microwaved on top of the cooked egg beaters for about 30 seconds)
    Honey Wheat english muffin, toasted separate and covered on both sides with jalapeno cheddar sour cream
    Salsa on top of the spinach and egg beaters

Eaten like a sandwich, it's under 300 calories and she really likes it.
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I usually have 2 breakfasts every day....

1. 3/4 cup of Shredded Wheat with cinnamon, blueberries and 35 calorie Almond Milk.....1/4 cup greek yogurt with 1/4 cup protein powder, cinnamon, truvia or stevia packet and a tsp natural peanut butter.

2. 1 whole egg, 2 egg whites with 1/4 cup protein powder, packet of truvia, a bit of almond milk....stir and pour into pan and cook like a pancake.....a piece of Ezekiel break with scant butter or 1/4 cup oatmeal with wheat germ, ground flaxseed and chia seed.

You could always add dry oatmeal to the pancake mixture and make several small pancakes.
  • Skinnyminimee
    Options
    2 packets instant oatmeal with some frozen blueberries, throw it in the microwave to cook it. about 350 cals

OR a container of vanilla green yogurt with some granola. (180)

OR an omelet with 5 egg whites, one whole egg, one green onion, and some chopped green and red peppers filled with low fat mozzarella, 170 calories. tons of protein, delicious, super low cal.
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Bowl of Mini Wheats. I think 21 pieces equeals 230 cal.add no or low fat milk. Then I have 1 or 2 cups of coffee.

Everything comes to about 300 calories. Pretty boring, I know.
  • Squirrel_52696
    Options
    Thomas's Multigrain English Muffin Light (1/3 dv fiber)
    Liquid Eggs - one serving (1/4c I believe) (I use wal-mart brand)
    Great Value Turkey Sausage Patty (Wal-Mart brand)
    American Cheese - 1 slice (or another cheese of your choice)
    One microwaveable bowl whose bottom is the same diameter (approx) as an english muffin
    cooking spray

Toast the Muffin
    Add a bit of water to a bowl with 1 sausage patty, microwave approx 1-2 mins
    Spray the 'english muffin sized' bowl with non-stick cooking spray
    Add Liquid Eggs to prepared bowl, microwave for 1 min (may need a little additional time for differing microwave wattages)
    Assemble Sandwhich: Bottom, Sausage Patty, Egg, Cheese, top.

320 Calories (I'm sure one could find brands/choices that are even lower in fat/calories - such as the cheese)

This is one of my kids' favorite breakfasts and it is super fast and easy (less than 5 mins). After logging it in one morning I realized just what I was feeding them - a whopping 600+ calories! So I made better shopping choices and made it much healthier - and they never noticed! The tricky part was finding the bowl. I got them from the dollar store in the baby food section. They came in a package of 4-6 for a dollar.
  • imbanter
    imbanter Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Two scrambled eggs with sauted mushrooms sprinkled with parmesan cheese, 3 slices of canadian bacon, a pear, and one slice of 10 grain bread that.is high in fiber.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    11hfjpj.jpg

cinnamon banana pancakes
    180 calories
  • sashanicole88
    sashanicole88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    bump! :) love these ideas!
  • heatherrose9
    heatherrose9 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of oatmeal, one tbsp of natural peanut butter, half of a banana, some unsweetened dark cocoa and a splash of skim milk! Can stay right around 250-300 calories if you measure it out correctly! :) YUM! Every morning and I always look forward to it!
  • Meegz84
    Meegz84 Posts: 74
    Options
    ****Bump**** love some of these ideas!